Outgoing? David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Given he's not played a league game, thoughts that he'd fetch a similar fee to Lookman are totally unrealistic.

If Everton are indeed keen and Brooks' head has been turned, the best Utd could do would be to use him as a negotiating chip in trying to strike a deal to get PJ back.

Let's be r8.

If you see one of your own lads tearing it up in training and not looking at all out of place amongst your senior players, you don't send him out on loan.

He's also been a stand out player at international youth level.

Potentially a very exciting player to have available for next season. Clearly Wilder and co think that.

Unfortunately it'll be for Everton.

I don't know why this has annoyed me so much. Think I'd swallowed the party line about us being in league 1 - so of course we can't keep hold of our assets.

Genuinely thought we might actually be able to resist a few bids now. We should say £5m and you can have him not give in at the first sign they might open their wallet.

Wed told Everton to fuck off when they bid for Hirst.

We should do the same.

A right sickener, that every promising kid we see on a Sat morning, or Monday afternoon in the U23s is sold before they are even getting in the first team.

The International call up is becoming a curse.
Lads get their heads turned when they hear how much the other players are on.

Never tell me it's not about the money.

I appreciate it's the way of the world these days when big clubs come calling, but it's time to put a block on this one

This lad looks a real prospect by all accounts. Wouldn't it be nice to see him in our first team?

The last proper one was Harry. It's time for another

Come on Chris, put your foot down

image.jpeg image.jpeg

We're getting cash in from sell ons int past, promotion money, ST revenue and selling our futures with the likes of Ramsdale, DCL and now Brooks go. Meanwhile we are squeezing pips out of L1 clubs for the better lower league clubs 30 year olds and hoping jags will lower himself at 35 to give us a season or two. Plus prince has delayed promised investment until his mates chip in (so he's not confident to risk his own brass) and McCabes chuckling at interviews cause he's cashin in again instead of going forwards. Long time since I've said it but same old...

The feckin bubble just burst and if I'm proved wrong next season I dint write this I were hacked

Last edited:
Fuck this... knew it was on the cards after the loan was called off

We are supposed to be able to hold on to promising players now we have been promoted.

What's the fucking point in even having an academy anymore. No one half decent even makes the first team without being sold beforehand!

At least with walker, naughton, Harry, jagielka, tonge, Lawton. The actually contributed something to the team first.

We've given dcl, ramsdale and presumably now brooks away without even seeing how they can do.

Call it three million for the 3 of them. If just one comes in and becomes a regular you'd be talking 5 million plus easily. What's DCL worth now??

To answer to your question: the academy is making money to run the wider football club and cover losses. Whether we make enough money from the sales, or if it's false economy due to replacing academy players with more expensive, externally sourced senior players, is a much wider debate. While ever the academy side of the business is in profit, we'd be daft to get rid of it though. This is a part of the modern game that disgusts me.

We should do the same.

A right sickener, that every promising kid we see on a Sat morning, or Monday afternoon in the U23s is sold before they are even getting in the first team.

Oh, snap. I probably need to read this thread.

I appreciate it's the way of the world these days when big clubs come calling, but it's time to put a block on this one

This lad looks a real prospect by all accounts. Wouldn't it be nice to see him in our first team?

The last proper one was Harry. It's time for another

Come on Chris, put your foot down

Do you think Wilder has the say on what happens with Brooks? I'd love to think he does,but,and it can't be disputed,our owner has plenty of previous for cashing in easy.

We should do the same.

I'm starting to lose the desire to attend youth team games too. Seems pointless investing so much into it, and getting our hopes up for what they'll do in the first team, when they don't even play ten games.

Do you think Wilder has the say on what happens with Brooks? I'd love to think he does,but,and it can't be disputed,our owner has plenty of previous for cashing in easy.

I don't think he has the final say no. However, I believe his opinion carries some weight. Under anyone elses watch probably not. Just think Wilder has made such an impact, that they would at least listen to him

To answer to your question: the academy is making money to run the wider football club and cover losses. Whether we make enough money from the sales, or if it's false economy due to replacing academy players with more expensive, externally sourced senior players, is a much wider debate. While ever the academy side of the business is in profit, we'd be daft to get rid of it though. This is a part of the modern game that disgusts me.

I do get that.

But we sell them for 1 million and then have to go out and spend that money on a replacement because they never actually make it to the first team it's a complete false economy.

I don't even get why we are so blinkered about this. If we just look at our own history

Walker and naughton broke into the side and were sold for £7m ish. That will go past 10m if walker gets sold.

Harry went for £3ish with an extra £1.5m in sell on clauses.

That's £15m for three players when we'll have sold brooks, ramsdale and dcl for £3m in total. They are also less likely to get sell on fees as they haven't gone in as first team regulars like the others - it's just a cheap punt for the prem sides!

Not to mention we need to go out and buy a back up keeper now too.

What do we do when Everton come in with a bid and offer him 15k a week?

Do we have the power to tell them to bollox and keep Brooks on whatever he's on?

It's panic......tends to happen when people fail to get a grip.

Admittedly I'm probably guilty of failing to get a grip haha. Just the prospect of it had annoyed me.

But We've all seen this episode enough times - there's no way he's still a United player in September.

Just hope we actually get a fee worth having for a change! See if championship status means we can't be pushed round as easily l.

Last edited:
It's panic......tends to happen when people fail to get a grip.

It's not panic, just the usual whiff of inevitability sweeping through the air once some club comes calling for our youth players

Yes, it's only a rumour, but imo a very realistic one, as all the usual ingredients are there in front of our noses

What do we do when Everton come in with a bid and offer him 15k a week?

Do we have the power to tell them to bollox and keep Brooks on whatever he's on?

I'd hope now we aren't pissing around in league 1 we might stand a chance of at least selling on our terms.

Surely we can say. 'Here's an improved contract - if you do well and play regularly you'll get your move as you won't be playing for Everton anytime soon.'

You may as well play some football - look at naughton, walker, Harry etc. It didn't hold them back

I don't think he has the final say no. However, I believe his opinion carries some weight. Under anyone elses watch probably not. Just think Wilder has made such an impact, that they would at least listen to him

and then sell anyway.

If Everton are indeed keen and Brooks' head has been turned, the best Utd could do would be to use him as a negotiating chip in trying to strike a deal to get PJ back.

...I'd prefer Duncan...is he still playing?

christ soon as this article comes out people on here start assuming he will be sold we pulled the plug on the chesterfield loan for him days ago and wilder said he wanted to have a look at brooks in pre season i understand that we've had a habit of selling young players in the past and last season whose to say brooks would actually want to leave or that he would now be motivated by big money just because of his international experience he has a choice whether he moves on or not personally i hope he stays and i reckon he will

Back
Top Bottom