Outgoing? David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's unfortunate for chesterfield, and Brooks to if he ends up staying and getting little to no game time.
But, it could be that the deals for Holmes and others are dragging so Wilder has identified that he has no other options on his wanted list that offer a lot more than Brooks brings to the squad for the time being.

I think it's more likely Wilder might revisit his targets in January so Brooks will go out on loan then.

I can understand Chesterfield being totally pissed off, but understand that United have to do what is best for the club.
I really hope it is because we want him to make progress in the squad and not because we looking to sell him.

Why not give them Hussey for nowt. He can play left wing.

Maybe we could loan him out to another club, maybe as some part of an exchange deal for a player they have that we want, maybe a club that rhymes with Mouthend...

The last thing we want to do is send the lad to London... falls in love with the place then a big London club comes calling! Send him to Plymouth or somewhere like that, he'll never want to leave Sheffield!

Regardless of what Wilder say about wanting a look at Brooks in pre-season, I just cant see him getting a look in in the Champ for us.

More likely and I know this wont be a popular opinion, there is a bid in for him or serious interest and either the club want to sell for good money and a loan contract with Chessy would scupper this OR Brooks is aware of the interest and wants to see what comes of it and a loan contract would scupper this.

Wilder is very big on being a straight forward man of his word type of bloke so it seems very odd that he has gone back on his word with Chessy to loan them Brooks as part of the Ched purchase. If this gentleman's agreement were not so it would not have been reported. Not that the Star don't make things up, of course they do but Wilder has all but said he has gone back on his own word. Very odd. But money talks and if Brooks gets sold......

Regardless of what Wilder say about wanting a look at Brooks in pre-season, I just cant see him getting a look in in the Champ for us.

More likely and I know this wont be a popular opinion, there is a bid in for him or serious interest and either the club want to sell for good money and a loan contract with Chessy would scupper this OR Brooks is aware of the interest and wants to see what comes of it and a loan contract would scupper this.

Wilder is very big on being a straight forward man of his word type of bloke so it seems very odd that he has gone back on his word with Chessy to loan them Brooks as part of the Ched purchase. If this gentleman's agreement were not so it would not have been reported. Not that the Star don't make things up, of course they do but Wilder has all but said he has gone back on his own word. Very odd. But money talks and if Brooks gets sold......

Wilder rates him, and Brooks is probably more suited to Championship football than league one/two. He'll get a chance next season, and if he performs he'll get game time. If not he'll go out on loan.

Fuck Everton. Becoming another Chelsea/Man City.

Tell them to fucking do one.

But who could blame them for trying. We gave them DCL for £1m after all.

Seems like any hopes that he was kept to stake a claim for a first team place were pure fantasy. Silly us.

A minimum 15% sell on clause should be a non negotiable condition of any deal.

If it's true, if, then CW temporarily cancelling the loan to Chesterfield is beginning to make more sense. Or is it just coincidence, and I'm making 2+2 = 5.
Edit: beat me to it, in a roundabout way Ricky.

Fuck this... knew it was on the cards after the loan was called off

We are supposed to be able to hold on to promising players now we have been promoted.

What's the fucking point in even having an academy anymore. No one half decent even makes the first team without being sold beforehand!

At least with walker, naughton, Harry, jagielka, tonge, Lawton. The actually contributed something to the team first.

We've given dcl, ramsdale and presumably now brooks away without even seeing how they can do.

Call it three million for the 3 of them. If just one comes in and becomes a regular you'd be talking 5 million plus easily. What's DCL worth now??

Last edited:
We never learn. There will be the usual bushit about how clever we've been including a sell on clause.

but amidst all the gloom and doom The Telegraph quotes Wilder saying, "I don't get carried away by names and I don't think you get a medal for wasting money."
Yeah it was something like that :rolleyes:

Looks like he is going I just don't get where all this investment money is? When we get to championship it's available? Says McCabe.
We haven't spent a penny! Harry's money move has compensated into everything we have done so far
Having to sell brooks is s kick in the teeth!
Wait for the headline... when a player shows desire to leave blah blah blah blah

Let's be r8.

If you see one of your own lads tearing it up in training and not looking at all out of place amongst your senior players, you don't send him out on loan.

He's also been a stand out player at international youth level.

Potentially a very exciting player to have available for next season. Clearly Wilder and co think that.

Nothing less than 12 million plus 25% selling on will do , this lad has real potential

Back
Top Bottom