CONFIRMED David Brooks to Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why is that tempting? Full international after 20 league games, potential to be the best player in a premier league game and we sell him for the same as Bennick Afobe?
I honestly think we'd get by without brooks. More important things to concentrate on to be honest, i'd give him another season and then sell.

I honestly think we'd get by without brooks. More important things to concentrate on to be honest, i'd give him another season and then sell.
What, other than extremely good footballers, should a professional football club be prioritising in its day to day operations?

There’s another headline on the article saying James Maddison is being sold for £20m!! Absolutely ridiculous figure, world’s gone mad!

Of course it's tempting. The board will give Tufty all 12 million to invest in the side and we can pick up 3 players of 4 million each to improve us immensely.

Sorry...

vyvHAj0.gif

Until player transfers are confirmed they belong in the section of this website called the "Rumour Mill". Otherwise General Blades Chat would get swamped with rumours.

No, it's not tempting. Not in the slightest.

Starting to get pissed off with some United fans so eager to see Brooks sold at the first opportunity.

He has a 3 year contract, a fully fit and recovered Brooks will be worth far more than 12 million in 12 months time.

Never mind what he’s worth, or will be worth in Pounds; think of how valuable he is to the first team and the club in general. You can’t put a price on that!!

Until player transfers are confirmed they belong in the section of this website called the "Rumour Mill". Otherwise General Blades Chat would get swamped with rumours.
Wouldnt say its a Rumour, just thought i'd share.

At the risk of sounding like one of our deluded neighbours, it really grates on me that we’re *potentially* being pushed around by Bournemouth of all clubs.

They’ve cheated FFP to get where they are; run up massive wage bills and spunked on transfer fees on crowds of about 7k because of some Russian sugar daddy- whilst the media fawn over them and their “incredible story”. Theyre no less plastic than MK Dons in my eyes.

So £12m for a hot prospect, full international, whos tied to a long term contract? From a club who bought their way to the PL and now has even more riches? Not remotely tempting.

Tempting? No, not at all.
I want to watch a fully fit Brooks this coming season.
We have had glimpses of magic and I want to see what he can do with a decent run of games.
There is no guarantee that the money generated from selling players would improve the team.

How about a revolutionary idea....we don't sell him at all, build a team around us and see where we end up?? 12 million in the championship nowadays is fuck all. He's the only 'game changer' we have, and who do you replace him with (no one with that potential for 12 million). Unless it's crazy money (and I'm talking 20 million plus), then tell them to fuck off.

At the risk of sounding like one of our deluded neighbours, it really grates on me that we’re *potentially* being pushed around by Bournemouth of all clubs.

They’ve cheated FFP to get where they are; run up massive wage bills and spunked on transfer fees on crowds of about 7k because of some Russian sugar daddy- whilst the media fawn over them and their “incredible story”. Theyre no less plastic than MK Dons in my eyes.

So £12m for a hot prospect, full international, whos tied to a long term contract? From a club who bought their way to the PL and now has even more riches? Not remotely tempting.

Couldn't agree more. Send them on thier way. I want to see Brooks grow and reach his potential at the lane, not be sold at the first opportunity.

It's a long time since we have had a player that people get excited by. This is a big season where Brooksy could play a big part. I for one am looking forward to him tearing the pigs apart again!

I'd rather stick with the chance of seeing something special than sell at the first opportunity. I go to watch to see us win but also to see something exciting and memorable.

Each to their own but who would we sign for £12m and Brooks' wages? Can't imagine it's anyone with 50% of his potential

Fulham turned down silly money for Cairney and got promoted. I think we should at least attempt the same

Couldn't be arsed with entering into a dialogue with a pig infiltrator on a Sunday morning.

I think we should ask them to lower their bid to £8m, accept it, then set our sights on going with Sharp and Clarke up top all season.

Are we in a position to reject £10m plus offers I highly doubt that we are. No doubt this offer will be £7m + £5m worth of add ons.

Brooks signed a new contract yet still employed a new agent, next thing we know stories are being leaked of clubs interested in him....coincidence I think not.

He showed his quality last year in his first proper season so I'd love to see what he can do this season, I just don't think we will unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom