Match Thread Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 9th March 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1709761529308.png Vs 1709761537043.png

Premier League Matchweek 28 - Saturday 9th March 2024 - 15:00 - Vitality Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.684/

Officials:

Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 21.47.32.png

I don't want to defend Chris here, and the subs were poor, but what choices does he have on the bench.

I would have like to have seen Brookes, instead of McAtee, but with loans likely to be a huge feature of our future under the current owner, then you can probably understand it.

Our away performances are in that bracket of uninspired but competitive and organised, which we all aim for. That's what you want to stay in a season and hope you get a run and some momentum at home at some point. Bit we start every game 5-0 down, I don't know what the difference is..
.could just be the fixtures. But it is like two sides at the moment.

Not defending wilder, yes we did well up.until the subs and didn't look like they would score, pen evened it's self out as it wasn't even a pen (shocking by var to allow it). But regards the subs he had no choice, probably Dr's/physios orders that BBD, Mcburnie and baldock could only play x amount of minutes before they go into mid-high risk of injury (since they have only just come back).

he's gone for experience to help see out a win and unfortunately he's been let down yet again by those players who are just not up to it.

He's in a catch 22 because if he brings on youngsters and inexperienced players and we end up drawing or losing we would all be slating his subs saying why didn't he put experienced pros on etc, instead we doing it other way round lol.

Good: Grbic (credit where it is due), the back 3, Davies, Arblaster, BBD, McBurnie (finishing excepted)

Decent: Hamer, Osborn (bar the equaliser: not the first time he’s done that)

Dodgy: Bogle

Did not help us as a unit: the 5 subs

Souza was far, far too slow, and not involved enough. Davies is not quick but he gets involved

McAtee and Osula were far too lightweight. Osula’s work rate was pathetic

Norwood is done. Brooks should have come on. He can’t help us any more. That was a very poor move by wilder. It completely killed our mobility in the middle.

Anel brought chaos where there had been calm.

I’m annoyed but 2 goals and an away point is not nothing and we did ride our luck a bit at times.

Their shooting was awful in the main.

It would be nice to repeat the first hour against Fulham and not make substitutions that handicap us.

I now demand the football media make fun of Burnley for 24 hours and that West Ham kick their arses.

We tend to make the switch to 5-4-1 in the hope to have a midfield four protecting the defence and keep the opposition away. But we want to keep some attacking threat and hopefully someone to carry it forward to take some pressure off the defence. Hence keeping Hamer and putting on McAtee. Then I think Wilder and Knill still is of the opinion that Norwood is a steady, defensive midfielder when we defend deep.

But it never works. McAtee is uninterested when it comes to defending, Hamer always knackered towards the end. Norwood and Souza as a duo just lack the aggression and tenacity to press and cover enough space. It's a poor quartet to help defend a lead at this level, and astonishing that we can't think of something better. The result is that teams find pockets of space in wideish regions, and pile the pressure on the defence. We also finished the game with too many small players, as shown by us losing headers for both their goals.

Would people be happier if McB, BDB, Baldock and Davies ended up back in the treatment room for the next 8/10 weeks.

If only the fans had access to the live data from the players sports bra's, maybe then they might understand why substitutions are made.

Reading a lot of the comments on here, it's almost as if I'm being told I didn't enjoy myself today. Well, I did. Thoroughly. I wonder how many of the negative posters were there and witnessed how utterly spent the players were at the end?

Hmmm, I wasn't trying to be funny.

McB and BDB were both totally fucked after 60 mins and needed changing,I was hoping Osula could hold the ball up when coming on but he was a bit disappointing,shame it slipped at the end but Bournemouth were all over us second half and we were lucky to not lose it at the end

Expected a loss, pleased with a point, but overall disappointed ...Just about sums up life at the moment.

Reading a lot of the comments on here, it's almost as if I'm being told I didn't enjoy myself today. Well, I did. Thoroughly. I wonder how many of the negative posters were there and witnessed how utterly spent the players were at the end?
I was there, and I too thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Could anyone tell what CW was saying when he came over to the fans after the players had shown their appreciation?

I was there, and I too thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Could anyone tell what CW was saying when he came over to the fans after the players had shown their appreciation?

He came over to ask me about the vegan butternut & spinach pie I had pre match. Told him it was reyt good, moist filling and crumbly pastry.

Lets hope that Wilder finally realises Trusty is not a LB putting up against Saka was an elementry mistake
Sadly McB was terrible on Monday did not even win a header you have to ask if he is phyically done
just an idea but could Hamer play up front with Oulsa and have Brooks and Blaster in midfield
Glad to admit McB proved me completly wrong onSaurday

Back
Top Bottom