CONFIRMED David Brooks to Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sure it's very tempting for the Board......

Make it £15 million with add-ons which will take it over £20 million, guarantee Chris will have an extra £10 million to spend, then yes. Bite their hand off.

No, it's not tempting. Not in the slightest.

Starting to get pissed off with some United fans so eager to see Brooks sold at the first opportunity.

He has a 3 year contract, a fully fit and recovered Brooks will be worth far more than 12 million in 12 months time.

It’s strange that you’re getting pissed off, seeing as nobody has said we should sell him at the first opportunity

Assuming the £12m is genuine.

And that this is the first / opening offer.

It would be interesting to know the clubs valuation.

Based on the above, north of £15m could well do it. Particularly if other clubs come to the party.

£15m + and we should DEFINITELY do it, assuming Wilder is given the bulk of the fee to add to the transfer kitty.

UTB

I'd rather stick with the chance of seeing something special than sell at the first opportunity. I go to watch to see us win but also to see something exciting and memorable.

Each to their own but who would we sign for £12m and Brooks' wages? Can't imagine it's anyone with 50% of his potential

Fulham turned down silly money for Cairney and got promoted. I think we should at least attempt the same
£18m for Cairney, is a snip. Not at all silly.

The only player I saw last season that could hold a candle to our own midfield maestro.

UTB

Maybe this is Wilders transfer budget....

Of course it's tempting. The board will give Tufty all 12 million to invest in the side and we can pick up 3 players of 4 million each to improve us immensely.

Sorry...

vyvHAj0.gif
old school baby

I’ve got nowt to add that hasn’t been said already a thousand times. If we sell him, we sell him, if we don’t we don’t. I’m not going to spend all summer worrying about it, I can’t influence what happens.

I'm slightly confused by the comparisons between 2 Fulham players who are integral to their side and DB who was mostly on the bench. DB is still mostly potential at the moment. Cairney and Sessegon have both proved they can play consistently well over the course of a season. Has Brooks even started 10 games in his life?

Reasons not to sell for £12M

1. Its fkin Bournemouth.
2. Its not silly money as described by CW.
3. He's still got 3 years on his contract.
4. A full season in the championship and he'll be worth double that.
5. Its fkin Bournemouth.
6. Bigger clubs in the premiership with more dosh are interested.
7. £12m bid probably includes add ons.
8. CW won't get £12m to reinvest.
9. Board can show some resolve and say he's not for sale this window proving CW does have some money.
10. Its fkin Bournemouth.

£18m for Cairney, is a snip. Not at all silly.

The only player I saw last season that could hold a candle to our own midfield maestro.

UTB
I think Cairney is quality. More a comment on valuing your assets properly and understanding when you have to sell and when the money isn't worth it

At the risk of sounding like one of our deluded neighbours, it really grates on me that we’re *potentially* being pushed around by Bournemouth of all clubs.

They’ve cheated FFP to get where they are; run up massive wage bills and spunked on transfer fees on crowds of about 7k because of some Russian sugar daddy- whilst the media fawn over them and their “incredible story”. Theyre no less plastic than MK Dons in my eyes.

So £12m for a hot prospect, full international, whos tied to a long term contract? From a club who bought their way to the PL and now has even more riches? Not remotely tempting.

Have a like.

Just heard a rumour that this should be on the rumour board, if that is the case should I have put this rumour there as well:eek:

The pigs said last year you need a 10m player to get out of the championship we have one :)

The reason for not selling him is very simple:

1. Retaining him increases our chances of being promoted.
2. The value of being promoted makes 12m look like a drop in the ocean.

We have to get away from this midset that we will improve our lot while continuously selling our better players.

Wilder is an excellent manager. He’s not an Alchemist. Our strategy cannot be to expect him to turn base metals into gold.

The way forward is to recognise who our best players are, keep them, and supplement them with better players, even if this is just a couple every window and we have to run a small squad.

Until player transfers are confirmed they belong in the section of this website called the "Rumour Mill". Otherwise General Blades Chat would get swamped with rumours.

Are you telling me that everything I read on here is not true? :rolleyes:

How about a revolutionary idea....we don't sell him at all, build a team around us and see where we end up?? 12 million in the championship nowadays is fuck all. He's the only 'game changer' we have, and who do you replace him with (no one with that potential for 12 million). Unless it's crazy money (and I'm talking 20 million plus), then tell them to fuck off.

But what about the business plan that has our best players playing for other clubs, we'd have to drop that idea and forget about going back to the third division for ever.

Its been previously alluded to but why has nt any one noticed in the OP, the phrase 'according to the Sun'. No more to be said!

Can't see Sharp and Clarke doing much next season. Sell Brooks - Couple of New Strikers, rest of the positions are sorted in my opinion.
You make it sound so easy! What do you have in mind? Relegation?:eek:

In this age of stupid fucking fees we should be demanding far more, tempting my fucking arse. In an age where Gary fucking Madine cost 6 million quid we really need to reassess things like this, his potential alone is worth numerous Gary fucking Madine's.

Seriously hate how a club like fucking Bournemouth can chuck this kind of money about. It's messed up. They'll be relegated this season, I hope.

At the risk of sounding like one of our deluded neighbours, it really grates on me that we’re *potentially* being pushed around by Bournemouth of all clubs.

They’ve cheated FFP to get where they are; run up massive wage bills and spunked on transfer fees on crowds of about 7k because of some Russian sugar daddy- whilst the media fawn over them and their “incredible story”. Theyre no less plastic than MK Dons in my eyes.

So £12m for a hot prospect, full international, whos tied to a long term contract? From a club who bought their way to the PL and now has even more riches? Not remotely tempting.

PREACH IT BROTHER.

If Brooks wants to go he probably will, regardless of what Wilder or we want.
Actually think he'd be better off with a full season or even half a full season with us for his development but if he feels confident and ready for the step up, he'll be offski.

Back
Top Bottom