Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Remember when I first come on the forum and he had his bucket **** stories and then his funny rants.Did make me laugh. I didn't know him but I recognise him now from his photo. Sleep tight dude ❤️ UTB. Condolences to his family and mates.

Ainsley Harriott RIP , shared a few messages, genuinely funny guy . Feel for his family at such an awful time . Wasn’t aware of the mental health thread but just read his posts and the guy is a legend and a true inspiration to all of us . The picture of him walking his girls into school is one of the most powerful pictures I have ever seen ! Didn’t know him personally but I just feel so so sad ! RIP you have certainly earned it and touched far more people than you will ever know !
As ever UTB !

Spent a bit more time in the MH Thread this year and one thing that stands out is that Ainsley had words/advice/thoughts not just for me but for plenty of others and for that I will always be grateful to him, despite never having met him.

As many others have said, we knew this was coming but it’s not any easier.

RIP Matt.

Oh shit, I don't know that Dar and Ains were one and the same.

Disagreed with him on so much stuff, and I regret how some of those conversations ended up. Never got the sense that he was anything other than an utterly committed dad.

His contributions to the Mental Health thread were some of the finest things I've ever seen on here.

RIP Matt/Dar/Ains

So so sad, shared many discussions, conversations and debates with the guy, he will be sadly missed on here, and id like to send my condolences to his family and friends.
Although I never got to meet the guy, he sempt like such a good lad, and for him to fall to that horrendous disease is just heartbreaking!
RIEP fellow Blade, a huge loss and especially at this time of year, and thoughts to all who knew or just had a connection to the guy.
Puts a lot into perspective in this ridiculous world we live in.

Last edited:
😢 RIP Ains, I’ll miss your posts and stories of Bucket ****. My heart goes out to your wife and young family.

Remember Dar on BM,and didn't realise he posted on here as Ainsley...enjoyed many of his posts,and saddened to hear the news of him passing away..RIP Blade & UTB!

Me and matt Hardy, dar ) travelled allover with the blades . Great lad , had brain haemorrhage years ago.
Gutted at this news , don't know what to say. Had so many memories travelling away with him . He's got kids and a great woman .
We lost granny a few weeks ago its heartbreaking as a 55 year old blade seeing so many old skool blades passing away .
R.i.p matt.
Love Mark

Very sad news. RIP, fella.

The courage he showed throughout the illness was truly inspirational. That he was still showing so much care for others whilst he had all of that going on marks him out as an exceptional human being.

I am so glad that he managed to take his daughters to school that day. That photo has stayed with me ever since and always will, it was so deeply sad but also beautiful.

Condolences to his family ❤️

My beloved cousin Darblade (Admin edit: aka Ainsley Harriott), passed away last night after a long fight with cancer. I know some of you may know him from these forums, especially Blades mad, and some of you will have had the pleasure of spending time with him home and away.

Dar took me to my first proper away game (3-0 away to Crewe) and many more over the years. He was a massive blades fan, and hopefully some of you who met him will agree he was a genuinely fantastic person to be around.

His stories and jokes would bring a smile and laugh to anyone and he will be missed immensely.
Sorry for your loss & my heartfelt condolences to his family & friends

My beloved cousin Darblade (Admin edit: aka Ainsley Harriott), passed away last night after a long fight with cancer. I know some of you may know him from these forums, especially Blades mad, and some of you will have had the pleasure of spending time with him home and away.

Dar took me to my first proper away game (3-0 away to Crewe) and many more over the years. He was a massive blades fan, and hopefully some of you who met him will agree he was a genuinely fantastic person to be around.

His stories and jokes would bring a smile and laugh to anyone and he will be missed immensely.
Condolences Greeny

Spent may a good away day and home game in the Scholar with Matt. He was a proper Blade and a top bloke, just left you with a smile on your face. Into his classic shirts before it became the thing it is now too, the laces shirt reminds me of him every time I see it. A true titan of BladesMad

If you know of any collections for funeral costs etc. please do share, really sorry for your loss

RIP Matt. Been PMing over the last few months and know he was going through it. Condolences Greeny96 and Matt's family.

Back
Top Bottom