Outgoing? Daniel Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stage 1 : strengthen the squad with talented but raw players. Done
Stage 2 : strengthen the match 11 with talented, but experienced, PL players. To be done in next 45 days ??
The dual policy may be about to work, but until we get into September we will not know either way.
Talented but raw players like Fleck & Osborn ?

You must have a screw loose.

Gelhardt - done nothing at Leeds or Sunderland at championship level = yes

Maupay - dominated championship, premier league player = no

Make it make sense
Gelhardt is a young lad and the times I have watched him in the Premier League he has done well.

Not to mention he brings a lot more than goals to the team.

I still cannot believe people are silly enough to quote things like this. Those 24 appearances and the minutes he got in them:

78, 71, 70, 68, 64, 52, 35, 29, 25, 23, 23, 23, 20, 20, 19, 17, 15, 12, 8, 4, 3, 1, 1, 1

That's 682 minutes. Not even seven and a half games worth of playing time. Sure, the goals/90 (i.e. the metric anyone sensible uses) are still not great, but not once has he been given a full 90, not once has he been given consecutive starts. How exactly do you propose that someone is able to develop any sort of chemistry with the rest of the team and any sort of goalscoring rhythm if he's never given the chance to?

And if he was good enough he'd get more playing time, there's clearly something Hecky is seeing behind the scenes for his minutes to consistently drop over the course of the season - lack of effort, poor attitude, simply not good enough? Whichever it is, he's not benefiting us.

I don’t follow the connection. The gist related to recruitment this window. I don’t count existing players as recruitment.
They were out of contract and could have been offloaded but we chose to re-sign them which is the equivalent of recruiting them

If we can use Jebbo to get a couple of Everton players who would walk into our first team it is a no brainer , that’s assuming we’d like to finish higher than 18th

Give the lad a chance, drives me mad our fans got behind McGoldrick yet all I hear is negativity about Brewster
Record transfer fee
Should have been spent on a JoC replacement and midfield
Not fit for purpose when signed coz not ready as PL striker
History of injury before signed
Constant injury problems since here
Pathetic return over 3 years
But can dance and operate music production
Is there any chuffin wonder there’s some doubt in our minds ?

Didsy - class from the start

Record transfer fee
Should have been spent on a JoC replacement and midfield
Not fit for purpose when signed coz not ready as PL striker
History of injury before signed
Constant injury problems since here
Pathetic return over 3 years
But can dance and operate music production
Is there any chuffin wonder there’s some doubt in our minds ?

Didsy - class from the start
No he wasn't injury prone when he came to the club there was no way we would have paid the fee.

He suffered some unfortunate injuries since, I am not saying we have had a great return from him so far.

But he has the potential to become a key player for us.

So what if he likes to have a dance and operate music production in your eyes 🙄 he is a real character.

One thing is though I think this year is gonna be a huge one for his career path.

Can't lie I'm inclined to trust the bloke who sees the players in training daily, and coached us to the playoffs & promotion in back to back years with this team

Yeah, he's done great, doesn't mean he's not infallible and hasn't made extremely questionable team selections at times, particularly in relation to favouring those who have zero long term future at the club compared to those who could be first teamers for years to come and especially at times when we have had nothing to play for

Yeah, he's done great, doesn't mean he's not infallible and hasn't made extremely questionable team selections at times, particularly in relation to favouring those who have zero long term future at the club compared to those who could be first teamers for years to come and especially at times when we have had nothing to play for

I'm not saying he isn't, I'm just not sure what anyone is seeing in Jebbison that is apparently so glaringly obvious that Hecky must be missing it?

I'm not saying he isn't, I'm just not sure what anyone is seeing in Jebbison that is apparently so glaringly obvious that Hecky must be missing it?

I'm seeing that he has enough in terms of physical attributes that he has enormous upside, he may be lacking in finishing clinicism but that comes with experience and game time. Which isn't going to come getting fifteen minutes here and there from the bench while Sharp was collecting appearance bonuses doing nothing in a fair well tour. See also Osula in the same scenario, Coulibaly/Brooks/Arblaster compared to Fleck, christ even Stevens was pulled back into the side after a return from injury to play in a nothing game and then released a month later

No he wasn't injury prone when he came to the club there was no way we would have paid the fee.

He suffered some unfortunate injuries since, I am not saying we have had a great return from him so far.

So what if he likes to have a dance and operate music production in your eyes 🙄 he is a real character.

One thing is though I think this year is gonna be a huge one for his career path.
He’d had a catastrophic injury which had kept him out for a very long time - I appreciate this was a different part of his body but I would never have spent the amount on his fee , given our usual luck with injuries

Just out of interest and can you recall a time after any game where you have thought Brewster has looked like the real deal because I can't. Really hope he comes good but I've yet to see anything that suggests he will.

Both of Osula and Jebbison are currently wanted due to potential because neither of them are performing for the first team or off the bench at the minute.

What I would say in my opinion is that although they play the same part currently for Sheffield United they are light years apart.

I think Osula will genuinely go on to be a good player, it sometimes seems as if he’s over trying and not getting the bounces he wants it that much. His technical ability is good and his first touch can be decent at times.

With Jebbison he’s had his chances at every level. Including in the cup when he got a cheap sending off against Wrexham when he needed to stand up and be counted. I can’t help but think he’s getting by on his athleticism and youth.

Anyway - what I’m saying is I’ll drop him off at Goodison Park.

Just out of interest and can you recall a time after any game where you have thought Brewster has looked like the real deal because I can't. Really hope he comes good but I've yet to see anything that suggests he will.
Bristol City at Home and Swansea away stick out.

He has just been unlucky with injury he is a young lad and I would rather support the lad than get on his back UTB

Back
Top Bottom