Outgoing? Daniel Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Del is academy mgr.
Quinn is his replacement at under 18 level

We never get to develop our young talent do we.

Who was the last one we devloped and kept ?
Squinny was around for a long time before that Tonge. Monty the last one to see out his career with us I know he went to Aus at the end but that doesn’t really count.

Maybe but even on his current wedge would you renew based on his contribution from the last two years? I wouldn’t and I’d be tempted to develop a long term asset in his place

Depends completely on what he does this season. Fact is that we have a shit ton of out of contract players at the end of the season and haven't brought in any long term solutions ( bar Anel). A lot of the out of contract players look done. The loan policy has left us in a very difficult position. I think the club will be forced to give some undeserving players new deals due to that. If Mcburnie's half decent he'll probably be one of them. Even if it's a case of renew and flog for a few quid. If we go up the whole situation will change.

Depends completely on what he does this season. Fact is that we have a shit ton of out of contract players at the end of the season and haven't brought in any long term solutions ( bar Anel). A lot of the out of contract players look done. The loan policy has left us in a very difficult position. I think the club will be forced to give some undeserving players new deals due to that. If Mcburnie's half decent he'll probably be one of them. Even if it's a case of renew and flog for a few quid. If we go up the whole situation will change.
Agreed it seems currently like we’ll be banking big on the youngsters to fill the gaps if we don’t go up.

I suspect McBurnie will let his contract run down and go to Swansea. On a brighter note, he might get sent down so we don't have to pay his wages!

To add to the speculation, Everton may have a fair bit to spend soon with Chelsea seemingly taking a strong interest in Gordon.

I guess that's why clubs invest millions into analytics and scouting because I'm afraid I don't see a Prem level player in Jebbison anytime soon.

Perhaps he's one of those players massively overhyped/overrated by a fanbase due to them having one decent game against them e.g. Oztumer, Byrne, Lolley etc. Let's hope Khadra doesn't turn into another damp squib
If Everton sell Gordon and buy Jebbo they are going down. Jebbo isn't food enough to lock down a place for us never mind a premier league team.

I agree with you re his potential.....bit even if Everton are right re his long term potential they need players who can add to the first 11 now

If Eveetin sell Gordon and buy Jebbo they are going down. Jebbo isn't food enough to lock down a place for us never mind a premier league team.

I agree with you re his potential.....bit even if Everton are right re his long term potential they need players who can add to the first 11 now

Che Adams is apparently targeted as their shorter term solution. I'd be interested to see how much they'll be paying for him.

Not quite sure what they'd do with Jebbison - top half Div 1 is probably where he should be playing at the mo

If we are selling him, I imagine we will also be trying to do a deal to get an upfront payment of DCL sell on fee.
if not they should be we are in a position of power

If we are selling him, I imagine we will also be trying to do a deal to get an upfront payment of DCL sell on fee.
if not they should be we are in a position of power

Sell on fees are pretty pointless if you are selling to all but a handful of Prem teams. They don't need the money so unless a player is almost out of contract hardly any off them are willing to sell. DCL would be a good case in point. Occasionally someone like Brighton may decide to deal but its for a ridiculous premium that is off putting. It's a big risk to have a lot of your fee tied up in a sell on. That's how batshit the game is now. It should be sell on or related to contract extensions and appearances/performances the player makes for the club you sell them too.. You have to cover yourself either way.

Just a timely reminder that Everton are currently in the process of turning down a £40m bid for Anthony Gordon.

So when they come with some outrageous 2-5m low-ball offer for Jebbison, I suggester we remind them that if the going rate for one of theirs is going to be £50m, then the going rate for one of ours ain't 5m.

Chelsea seem to have put an improved bid in for Gordon so Everton will be flush with cash and down a young striker.

I noticed Jebbo's social media has gone dark (no pictures of him in blades gear) + he wasn't in the squad yesterday, despite strong recent performances. This could be 2+2=5, but I wonder if he is on his way out.

It'll be disappointing, but if we get a good fee, and it means we can keep Berge (or at least hold out for 35m) then I am OK with it. We are currently playing 1 striker generally (not including Ili), and we are pretty deep for that one position with Brewster, Sharp, McBurnie all senior players,.

I just don't see how there is a path for Jebbo and Osula to develop in this team, so selling one of them for good money to keep the squad together is decent business.

I noticed Jebbo's social media has gone dark (no pictures of him in blades gear) + he wasn't in the squad yesterday, despite strong recent performances. This could be 2+2=5, but I wonder if he is on his way out.

It'll be disappointing, but if we get a good fee, and it means we can keep Berge (or at least hold out for 35m) then I am OK with it. We are currently playing 1 striker generally (not including Ili), and we are pretty deep for that one position with Brewster, Sharp, McBurnie all senior players,.

I just don't see how there is a path for Jebbo and Osula to develop in this team, so selling one of them for good money to keep the squad together is decent business.
I think the path for both will open up just fine especially if Osula is loaned this year as is rumoured. At the end of the year the only two senior strikers definitely under contract will be Brewster and Billy and obviously Billy will probably be a year by year type deal from now on. So their pathway isn’t blocked but I share your concerns that Jebbo might leave before the window closes and that will be a shame.

Think jebbison contract expires this year, even if we have a years option his value will not be high towards the end of his contract, he will be able to set himself up for life and I can subsequently see him moving on. As previously stated we are in a position to try and over monies from Everton in lieu of the sell on clause for DCL and could end up with a tidy sum.

Good money for Jeb now would be a safeguard against losing the likes of Osula, Ndiaye and Berge for less than we'd like, which is very possible. Would possibly fund important signings in this arguably shit or bust season too

And let's be honest, we won't benefit from him on the pitch regardless, not really. We never do, unless they're average enough to stay here long term

Think jebbison contract expires this year, even if we have a years option his value will not be high towards the end of his contract, he will be able to set himself up for life and I can subsequently see him moving on. As previously stated we are in a position to try and over monies from Everton in lieu of the sell on clause for DCL and could end up with a tidy sum.
This year?
So the “long term” deal he signed in ‘21 was for 2 years?

Not his Social Media but 🤷‍♂️

I don't believe Utd would be stupid enough to only do a 2 year deal. At the minimum there'll be a year extension option

Could be the next DCL could be the next Slew. Personally I think Osula is better at the moment 🤷‍♂️

Personally I thought DCL had the physical attributes but didn’t ever think he’d be a player for us. Didn’t look anywhere near as accomplished as Jebbo does.

Got a lot to learn sure, but it’s easy to forget he only turned 19 like a week ago.

I don't believe Utd would be stupid enough to only do a 2 year deal. At the minimum there'll be a year extension option
It's incredibly unlikely. There's no way it would have been announced as a long term deal if it was just 24 months.

I was impressed with Ellis Simms the other night. He's a couple of years ahead of Jebbison in terms of development and I would hope Everton think they have a more likely prospect already, unless they are in the mood for collecting U21 strikers...

Back
Top Bottom