Outgoing? Daniel Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If the sale of Jebbison offset the potential losses we would make on selling Berge in a year's time VS selling Berge this Summer then I would sell.

Would need to replace Jeb though. A free agent (like Grabban on a 1 year deal) would work.

I think we need to keep hold of Jebbo and push him on, theres no point selling, papering over the cracks again, and being in a worse place next season.
We watched DCL go and then wished he had stayed!, keep putting him onto the pitch with Brewster, together they could be our future up top.

Can’t believe I’m having to type this, but…

We aren’t seriously suggesting that we sell the best striking talent our academy has produced since Billy Sharp, before he’s had some time to play for us (again) are we?!

We sold DCL for a mill. At the time we couldn’t believe it, because he’d shown absolutely nothing. Jebbison has scored a premier league goal and had an (albeit short) successful loan spell in league 1. The lad will get minutes in our first team this season in the championship. To consider selling now is bonkers… we’re potentially sitting on a gold mine if he bags a few this season.

I’d rather sell Berge if we so desperately need the cash.

If the sale of Jebbison offset the potential losses we would make on selling Berge in a year's time VS selling Berge this Summer then I would sell.

Would need to replace Jeb though. A free agent (like Grabban on a 1 year deal) would work.
Not sure we would tbh. Ndiaye could easily play up front. Then we have Sharp, Brewster, McBurnie and Osula, all vying for one spot.

Keeping Berge is great for our chances this season, but he is a depreciating asset for us due to contract length. With only a year left he will be worth substantially less to us in a year's time. Jebbo will likely increase in value due to still developing and he has a longer contract someone will need to buy out.
If we really do need to bring cash in now, Berge is the one to go, and we get the City lads to take over his position in the team, with hopefully little to no drop off in overall team performances.
Imo anyway.

What is the length of jebbo Contract.
and our other good youngsters for that matter

Didn't Everton offer £5M previously and before he did so well at Burton? In the current market, he's got to be worth £8M plus a decent sell-on. Selling him may just mean we can gamble and keep Sander until January ...
Or we could lose them both?

Keeping Berge is great for our chances this season, but he is a depreciating asset for us due to contract length. With only a year left he will be worth substantially less to us in a year's time. Jebbo will likely increase in value due to still developing and he has a longer contract someone will need to buy out.
If we really do need to bring cash in now, Berge is the one to go, and we get the City lads to take over his position in the team, with hopefully little to no drop off in overall team performances.
Imo anyway.
That is the gamble though. Do you take risk and take maybe the extra £8-10m now, or do you keep and go up and get back to the PL money?

Let me negotiate...its easy....15m up front....then 50% of any sell on profit.... otherwise f off

They just banked 60m for Richarlison so can easily afford it and the 50% clause ensures we are properly rewarded if he turns into a 50m player

Fuck it, sell em all!

I really don't get the hype around Jebbo, I think he's an L1 striker at best. Slow, dodgy first touch and can head about as well as Sander for someone who is 6ft 5.

Osula is the better prospect for me.
Certainly not slow and his strike against Watford showed he has ability.
Osula may eventually be better, but I think they will both be good.
They both have a lot to learn but Jebbison has shown in his movements that he is learning.

Certainly not slow and his strike against Watford showed he has ability.
Osula may eventually be better, but I think they will both be good.
They both have a lot to learn but Jebbison has shown in his movements that he is learning.
Everyone said the same about DCL and look at him now. I think DJ is learning the game and in the next 2 years will be a real threat.

Imo anyway.
With due respect to the city lads there no we're near Berges level of experience internationally or league sell Berge and were only looking at Trying to get in the playoffs he's that good👍

Can’t believe I’m having to type this, but…

We aren’t seriously suggesting that we sell the best striking talent our academy has produced since Billy Sharp, before he’s had some time to play for us (again) are we?!

We sold DCL for a mill. At the time we couldn’t believe it, because he’d shown absolutely nothing. Jebbison has scored a premier league goal and had an (albeit short) successful loan spell in league 1. The lad will get minutes in our first team this season in the championship. To consider selling now is bonkers… we’re potentially sitting on a gold mine if he bags a few this season.

I’d rather sell Berge if we so desperately need the cash.
I guess it depends on what the players want to do. If Sander wants to go, then it makes sense to sell him. If Jebbo wants to stay, it makes no sense to let him go unless we get a big offer.

Unless you are one of the top clubs, every academy is a selling academy. It’s part of the business model.

If players are good enough they end up at the top.

The only factor is at what point you sell them and for how much? Every player has a price tag. Perhaps he appreciates in value, or perhaps he stagnates - no body can be sure either way

DCL / Ramsdale we clearly undersold
Brooks we probably just about about got a fair deal for

With Jebbison, I’ve absolutely no problem with us selling him - as long as we get a good deal for him.

In this market, an asking prices often 10-15m plus a sell on doesn’t feel unreasonable.

Feels like the days of selling cheap are behind us and allegedly we rejected 5m previously, so feel fairly comfortable it’s a win win of either keeping him or selling for a decent price

Contract lengths are the reason we can't just send them out on loan until they're ready, some decisions to sell may have to made before the end of this window

Getting decent money for Jebbison now with a good sell on clause would provide some insurance against the possibility of losing the likes of Ndiaye, Berge, Bogle and Osula for less than we'd like (mainly for contract reasons)

Last edited:
We’d still get a fee though wouldn’t we due to age and academy graduate or am I wrong. We also seem to go in for the one year extension malarkey in most of our contracts so we may have one of those too
We’d get a few but it wouldn’t necessarily be a large one as he’s not been at the club long as opposed to someone like DCL or Blaster who’d been here since the age of 7.

Think we’d be lucky to see Jebbo next season...

WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES — Kindred + Co.

We need to be looking to sell someone each year, otherwise we just continue to look at 'frees and loans'. Every club making any progress, up to the top 2 or 3 does the same. The issue is not selling the player, it is trusting the club to re-invest. I thought the sale of DCL was great business, we get 1.75 for a lad who has never scored a goal in League 1, bought a couple of players who have had 400+ appearances and several promotions from. If DCL does get a big move, we will probably have a sell on, taking the fee for a player who had not scored a goal in League 1, into the 5+ mill category.

We need to be looking to sell someone each year, otherwise we just continue to look at 'frees and loans'. Every club making any progress, up to the top 2 or 3 does the same. The issue is not selling the player, it is trusting the club to re-invest. I thought the sale of DCL was great business, we get 1.75 for a lad who has never scored a goal in League 1, bought a couple of players who have had 400+ appearances and several promotions from. If DCL does get a big move, we will probably have a sell on, taking the fee for a player who had not scored a goal in League 1, into the 5+ mill category.
I’m pretty sure I remember reading we had a sell on when we sold him.

We have a good sell on of at least 10 if not 15%.
Wilder said that we had protected ourselves with a good deal going forwar.

Maybe so, but, it we sold Jebbo for £5m, who, realistically, could we buy, that is good enough to play in the prem?

Back
Top Bottom