Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 30th January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is Wes on the bench! Our Keepers positional sense is way off, he doesn’t have a clue! he’s 10ft tall and he doesn’t even come for crosses! we should have got the keeper from Rotherham, angry 😡 Change it now Wilder or we lose this one!

We could be on the wrong end of another. 5 - 2 scoreline here, we need to get a grip in the second half, and who's going to get a second yellow? Trusty or Robb'o ?
In an ideal world, we need to sub trusty and robbo, because it's only a matter of time before 2nd bookings, but not sure we've got anyone else available?!?

Too much panic and smash it to Palace players. When we have a look and pick a few passes we look alright. Olise and Eze shit hot for them.

Midfield is the issue. Hamer and Slimane have been woeful.
I agree but you should have watched Souza that half, I watched him closely, abysmal. Think it was two 50/50 tackles I noticed that he went in for, didn’t win the ball in either tackle but will have two tackles on his stats. But it’s his closing down that does it for me, his closing down is trotting out to someone and as he gets to a 2 or 3 metres away he stops and just jockeys him allowing their player to do literally whatever he wants. Hope he gets a rocket up his arse at HT.

Is Wes on the bench! Our Keepers positional sense is way off, he doesn’t have a clue! he’s 10ft tall and he doesn’t even come for crosses! we should have got the keeper from Rotherham, angry 😡 Change it now Wilder or we lose this one!

I agree but you should have watched Souza that half, I watched him closely, abysmal. Think it was two 50/50 tackles I noticed that he went in for, didn’t win the ball in either tackle but will have two tackles on his stats. But it’s his closing down that does it for me, his closing down is trotting out to someone and as he gets to a 2 or 3 metres away he stops and just jockeys him allowing their player to do literally whatever he wants. Hope he gets a rocket up his arse at HT.
Cumbersome.

Pure lack of physicality for their second. Took an age to get out and didn't get nearly close enough.

Great finish by Eze though.

Slimane, Hamer and Souza all completely anonymous in midfield. Combine that with all of the hesitancy at the back and we are so easy to play against.
Fuck knows who chose to sign our permanent recruits last summer , the whole feckin lot have been underwhelming - I can't imagine that any other club has recruited pound for pound as badly as we have - and this goalie ? 42 month contract.
If you look at how many of our recruits have succeeded in any meaningful way since 2019 , there's no wonder we are sliding downwards with millstones around our necks.

Back
Top Bottom