Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 30th January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brain dead, you mean the players who were the shirt with pride and have more football ability than you or I could dream about prick
Undoubtedly more ability than us mate, shame they’ve not got enough ability to stay up.

Please tell me we have a get out clause on Wilder at the end of the season..?

He’s not the man to take us forward … sorry great job first time around but he‘s a busted flush now.

Totally agree Crab, just fucks me off PlayStation management know best.

I don't get why he didn't bring Archer on for Brereton? Instead he made a double swap, taking off a striker for a midfielder and bringing on another defender.

That was Hecky tactics. Oh, we're drawing. That'll do for me. Let's defend for the rest of the match.

We're relegated so play without fear and just go for it. If we lose then the result won't matter anyway, but at least we were brave.

Wilder's irritated me recently with his baffling line ups, formations and post match interviews where he bigs up opponents and talks about them with an inevitability. This isn't the Wilder that we knew and loved.

In fairness, I think it's fair to say we've played these at the wrong time. Eze and Olise ripped us a new one and Palace have had nothing since they went off. Barely any other team has come up against that.
Ayew came back from the Afcon early also, he's murdered us in both games now

Get off to a flying start cracking goal....

Downhill from there. We struggle to contain them and they equalise and it was coming.

Go 2-1 up miraculously, and do exactly the same. Somehow make it to half time at 2-2.

Wilder tries to change it a bit and it worked a little bringing on brooks and RND. I have to be honest not sure why he picked Slimane, I'm not sold on him at this level from what I've seen.

Grbic concussion protocol means he goes off but whilst it's early in his career here I can't help but think he looked shaky and their first goal he could have just claimed that.

Subs after that but perplexed about and seemed like Larouchi became our only outlet.

Somehow nearly equalised but in all fairness that would have been harsh on Palace who looked alot better than us tonight.

I do think wilder has made us play better but tonight it feels like he got it wrong. Worst performance under him I feel tonight.

Thing is like we all know the season was decided last summer largely and our excuse of transfer strategy.

The focus was purely based on not losing players for free in 12 months.

This season we still have to keep going but it ain't happening of course.
Even with points deductions Luton aren't slipping up behind us.

Playing for pride, and to make our points total look better is the aim going into next season so that we can come back to the PL and do all this again.

Massive improvement since wilder took over but FFS! we woulda, could-a, should've had a point out of that, same old story re player quality,

Laroucis passing was a complete joke, does he close his eyes or something once he’s ran through the half way line? 😡

Reactions: SWB
I only watched the second half.
From what I saw, palace had one shot from a luckily deflected cross that Wes almost saved.
Before and after that moment, we seemed to be matching them and certainly weren’t outplayed. We’re bottom of the league, playing away from home, and from what I saw (admittedly only 2nd half) looked a bit unlucky not to get a result.

I only watched the second half.
From what I saw, palace had one shot from a luckily deflected cross that Wes almost saved.
Before and after that moment, we seemed to be matching them and certainly weren’t outplayed. We’re bottom of the league, playing away from home, and from what I saw (admittedly only 2nd half) looked a bit unlucky not to get a result.
Love the analysis. Can you watch the first half as well next time?

If eze and olise stay on they probably go on and get 4 or 5 tonight, another flat performance

Wilder got the players he wanted! He‘s brought in a totally bag of shit, don’t think we will win another game!
Three points thrown away
No points thrown away, we were second best all game, Wilders done a great job, hasn’t got rid of the dead wood! including Anel for starters, he has only brought in one player who is worthy of wearing the our shirt, and don’t get me started on the goal keeper, did Wilder really bring him in? how on Earth!

Back
Top Bottom