Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 30th January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I get the frustration but none of this is Wilder’s fault. It’s bloody simple we haven’t got the blend of quality and experience to compete in games in the PL. we’ve only picked up points where the opposition has been below par. CW was never going to be able to turn this around enough to keep us up, the hope has to be that he can build us up again in the Championship

tbh, I'm not disappointed in this game. Our demise goes back to earlier in the season so this game will not dictate how we finish, we are down, but I was happy with our fight and passion today. We were outclassed and we cannot compete against the more technical and quicker paced players.

Its good preparation for next season.

I don't get why he didn't bring Archer on for Brereton? Instead he made a double swap, taking off a striker for a midfielder and bringing on another defender.

That was Hecky tactics. Oh, we're drawing. That'll do for me. Let's defend for the rest of the match.

We're relegated so play without fear and just go for it. If we lose then the result won't matter anyway, but at least we were brave.

Wilder's irritated me recently with his baffling line ups, formations and post match interviews where he bigs up opponents and talks about them with an inevitability. This isn't the Wilder that we knew and loved.
I think you'll find that in PL season 2 that's exactly who he was.

If eze and olise stay on they probably go on and get 4 or 5 tonight, another flat performance
Maybe, maybe not. They went off like a couple of wet fannies with (cough) injuries as soon as they thought they had done enough and let their teammates do the running late on. Not sure they had the bollox, team commitment or the fitness to do a full 90 odd mins.

I agree I am fat but let me tell you why, ever time I sleep with your mum, she gives me a piece of cake 🎂, sleep well
That’s a lie, rumour has it that the only pussy you’ve ever stroked is your mates Maine coon 30 years ago

Love the analysis. Can you watch the first half as well next time?
Anel is such a sh*t captain. Get someone in who doesn't drop his head like a moody teenager constantly.
Not just a shit Captain, he’s lost it completely, I think he wants a move and he can’t getaway fast enough!! Every pass he makes is backwards!

Not just a shit Captain, he’s lost it completely, I think he wants a move and he can’t getaway fast enough!! Every pass he makes is backwards!
That said he was the only player who was anywhere near scoring for us in the 2nd half

Back to the pub, at least we had a bit of a go, but the likes of Eze and Olise showed the sort of attacking quality we don't really have - that made the difference. Did not help that Slimane seemed completely anonymous while Hamer and Souza didn't have the greatest of games either, against a team that is packing the midfield that's asking for trouble.

That said, that Palace fans on the bus back to Croydon were still moaning at their set up when they fucking won was a tad grating, especially with it not being the greatest of places to tell someone to be happy they won

I can’t wait for the £500 season ticket renewal reminder in March. With a picture of The Prince asking me to fork over my hard earned whilst he’s 300,000 miles away on another planet.

I can’t wait for the £500 season ticket renewal reminder in March. With a picture of The Prince asking me to fork over my hard earned whilst he’s 300,000 miles away on another planet.

I can see the media team creating an Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show related TikTok with added grime background music already

I only watched the second half.
From what I saw, palace had one shot from a luckily deflected cross that Wes almost saved.
Before and after that moment, we seemed to be matching them and certainly weren’t outplayed. We’re bottom of the league, playing away from home, and from what I saw (admittedly only 2nd half) looked a bit unlucky not to get a result.
First half they murdered us.
2nd we improved going to a back 5 with RND more aggressive, olise and Eze going off helped us.

First half was a little Hecky esque with how open we were. They carved through us at will it felt like.

Knocked stuffing out of me a bit this game

Fuck knows who chose to sign our permanent recruits last summer , the whole feckin lot have been underwhelming - I can't imagine that any other club has recruited pound for pound as badly as we have - and this goalie ? 42 month contract.
If you look at how many of our recruits have succeeded in any meaningful way since 2019 , there's no wonder we are sliding downwards with millstones around our necks.
If you didn’t go for Souza and Hamer, I’m pretty sure could’ve got Doyle.

A valiant effort tonight. Palace are poor defensively but lightning quick up front.

Not got out of London yet, think my fellow Blade is taking me to everywhere on the Monopoly Board! 😖

If you didn’t go for Souza and Hamer, I’m pretty sure could’ve got Doyle.
At the time I think I'd probably have chosen Hamer over Doyle, if it was one or the other. I'm pretty certain I hoped for both in the summer.

I've only seen Doyle a few times for Wolves to be honest.

Been good for Luton where it didn't work for him at Watford, perhaps managing Luton just suits him.

That Carlos Corberan did well to get Huddersfield into the playoffs but didn't do anywhere near as well for West Brom the next season.
It doesn’t seem to work for many managers at Watford.

Being humiliated every week is all down to the owner. HE has caused this with his club valuation, selling the best players and not getting a squad together that's remotely good enough.
100% correct. You cannot do the Premier League on the cheap no matter what manager is on the touch line. Total and utter embarrassment. It’s death by a thousand cuts.

Last edited:
i think its why its disappointing to lose last night, as no doubt last 10 days most competitive we've been all season. but our defending keep costing us like it did v luton. could & probably shouldve had at least 4 maybe 6pts from west ham / palace. instead we have 1

1st goal is irritating. where someone shouldve dealt with it. but is that side effect of the goalkeeper & defence learning each other. as these didnt know each other last week

but i think we are overreacting, eze & olise were outstanding. when brightons 1st & 4th, palace 2nd & 3rd. what are we supposed to do, bar bemoan our luck when when we concede 4 goal of the month contenders in 4 days. the reason why these goal are great is they don't happen every week, i was joking last night im looking forward to Ollie Watkins smashing 1 in from 30yds on Saturday

100% correct. You cannot do the Premier League on the cheap no matter what manager is on the touch line. Total and utter embarrassment. It’s death by a thousand cuts.
yes we cant do it on the cheap & it is a frustration. but even if we had money forest have proven that you need a spare 300m & which newly promoted team has that without risking everything. like villa did

but also as irritating as doing it on the cheap is, we had to because our finances were so far in the 💩 a firesale & administration almost an certainty. promotion or not we were going to be in relegation battle it was just which division

Back
Top Bottom