2022/2023 Match Thread Coventry City v. Sheffield United - 19th October 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

COV
COV
COV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1666119984624.png vs. 1666119990772.png

Championship Week 16 - Wednesday 19th October 2022 - 19:45 - Coventry Building Society Arena
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/coventry-city-vs-sheffield-united.620/

Officials:

Referee: Keith Stroud
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Assistant Referee: Robert Merchant
Fourth Official: Stephen Martin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1666120085702.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 20.08.45.png

Realistically we’re missing a LWB, CB and CM from that starting 11. Not good enough

Home fans can't be arsed to turn up

Home team can't be arsed to attack

And we gift them 3 points the first time they politely ask for them

Absolutely pathetic, absolutely typical

Wank. Absolutely thrown all of the advantage away. Can’t blame that on injuries.

Don't pay those players REFUND those travelling BLADES. That was a shocking performance tonight. The players ow them travelling Blades an apology for that shocking performance against a rubbish club

Something odd about this team and set up. Looked so strong at home (bit of emphasis on the past tense) but haven't been convincing away at all. Squad has enough talent in it but ... (and I'm not a manager basher or a manager fan).... I'm really not convinced by this managerial team (despite them being eminently likeable as individuals). To use one of Tyson Fury's phrases..... I'm not convinced that they have 'the minerals' when it matters.....

Hope I'm wrong though....

Shite, that team should not be losing to bottom of the league Coventry, end of….. and the use or not use of subs even more baffling…

Fucking timid as f*ck…. Are there any decent managers out of work at the minute as questions surely need to be asked right now.

Coventry never looked like scoring unless we have it to them.... and we did!
Why make a challenge like that?
At that stage we were on top and good for at least a point.
I despair.

He's headed away every one of their corners. You don't really understand football do you?
Err, so we judge a striker on their defensive heading…..ffs I think it’s you that needs to think again

Bossed us from start to finish. They would have scored so.
Mmmnddgdbcv so. So. Someg how. Disappointed but 28 teams from 14,meabs 16 I ri 9

We have some dead wood. Osborn, Bash, to name a few. Yes, some been brilliant in years gone but you need to know when to move on. Not sure Hecky does?

I don’t like all the bed wetting stuff (our two woodwork efforts go in, and it would’ve been fine), but there was plenty of dross to point out today:

Very weak attacking midfield two.
Osborn great attitude as always but bloody hell, is he limited.
Putting Fleck on at RCM - he has no right foot.
No attacking LCB makes us lopsided.
Baldock cannot (or will not) cross first time.
Midfield don’t support the front two, but don’t protect the defence either.

Bossed us from start to finish. They would have scored so.
Mmmnddgdbcv so. So. Someg how. Disappointed but 28 teams from 14,meabs 16 I ri 9
They didn't boss us.
They were poor and there for the taking.
We woke up to that half way through 2nd half and then we threw it away.

Basham needs to get the fuck out of the team.

Offers little to the team and is an absolute liability in defence these days.

How many goals have we conceded based on his silly errors.

Great servant to the club... but he's DONE
To be fair to Bash he's playing out of position and did ok tonight apart from the ridiculous penalty challenge. Robinson has got to come in on Saturday

Poor 1st half. Had about three things to do in our box all game, and messed 1 (almost 2) of them up to gift a goal. Single error undoes all the defensive work.
But it shouldn’t have mattered as there were probably 10 moments in their box where we didn’t capitalise.
They were staggering waiting for a knockout punch when Bash dived in foolishly.

Anel looked best player to me.

Tonight just had that ‘feel’ of a shit game that would end up 1-0 to them.

The injury to RND just takes the piss at this stage. Utterly pathetic.

Absolutely laughable 5 games. Mistakes, cowardness, laziness and general poor ability aside from a couple of players

This is it, exactly
The slightest thing that goes wrong is an excuse to completely derail everything we were doing well.

Ahhhhhh, it's injuries
Ahhhhhh, they're tired
Ahhhhhh, too many games

Truth is we've had injuries all season, but the main one was the Birmingham game when we were forced to make ONE change because Ahmedhodzic got injured

Other than that it was pretty much as full strength as we had been previously.

But it was enough for Club sorry arse to feel sorry for itself again, and now they are stuck in a rut that they can't get out of

A lack of leadership and a lack of desire. Too many players receiving the ball standing still. With the exception of Ndiaye who at least tried to run at them. Our main problem stems from midfield as we never looked like bossing the game. McAtee and Doyle were passing backwards too much. Unless we look at changing our structure and players in how we set up we won't dominate teams as we should.

I am not sure what is in the heads on the sideline but again substitutions not happening or not happening in time.

The injury situation is ridiculous and the coaching process and personnel need reviewing urgently.

Yes we were

Created virtually nothing against one of the worst teams I’ve seen in 55 years of watching us
If mcBurnie’s shot that hit post had gone in or illiman’s effort went in would the 1-0 win be ok? . Or are you reacting to the score line rather than the performance ?

McBurnie - not good enough
Billy - past his best
Fleck - past his best
Osborn - not good enough
Norwood - inconsistent
Basham - past his best
Egan - past his best
We will lose Ndiaye, Ahmedhodzic and RND before next season.
Yes we can blame injuries but that was a particularly poor performance tonight!

More injuries, a spineless performance and another shocking mistake from Basham to gift the opposition a goal. Ndiaye is the only player who can take any credit from that game, the rest of them were negative and lazy. Pathetic display.

Back
Top Bottom