Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just playing devil's advocate here but what do you base the prince and van winckels trust on?
Slav we can see his past record much more easily.
For me prince is now more at the fore front regards matters in the post wilder era. He is now to be watched and judged. But appointing SJ good first start for sure!
I completely understand your questioning. All I can go on is the persona that comes through during interviews by the Prince and a chance meeting in the Far East I had a number of years ago with van Winckel before his involvement with United. It was not a one to one meeting as there were a small group of us. He is a very knowledgeable guy, trust me. Apart from that, just down to gut feeling, which has seen me ok through my lifetime.

I've read a lot of this thread but just gonna leave this here..

? Why not keep him, play him at the lane and, this is just a suggestion, put the other young lads who are also "already looking shit hot" in the team with him.. And reward the (until recently) long suffering blades fans with some fucking entertainers.

How about putting us first for a fucking change.. The Prince can talk of greatness, a team of "players" give you that. Come on, break the cycle..

Nb. Raleigh chopper jokes are permitted but customers are limited to one per customer, rules and conditions apply, if in doubt read the small print before submitting your bycicle related puns...
Because they’re highly unlikely to be ready to play at a club going for an automatic spot in the Championship.
Most of them haven’t even played 90 mins of men’s professional football in their career. To have them all as starters when our fans will rightly be expecting us to win most games is lunacy. Let them develop at their own pace and enjoy playing the game a bit while they learn.

What about the funding he gave to Wilder doesnt that count as credit in the bank for the Prrince

No. It's impossible to know what was him and what was TV money. By all accounts we had the lowest wage budget so it's not like we really spent as big as the headline fees suggest. Even this season we get nearly 50 million in parachute payments.

I'm still on the fence. Lots of good sounds that I do like though.

Because they’re highly unlikely to be ready to play at a club going for an automatic spot in the Championship.
Most of them haven’t even played 90 mins of men’s professional football in their career. To have them all as starters when our fans will rightly be expecting us to win most games is lunacy. Let them develop at their own pace and enjoy playing the game a bit while they learn.

Dcl, Brooks, and ramsdale all went into Premier league first teams as soon as they were sold. We sell this lad, he'll start games at the club we've sold him to. You watch..

Dcl, Brooks, and ramsdale all went into Premier league first teams as soon as they were sold. We sell this lad, he'll start games at the club we've sold him to. You watch..
Which lad are you talking about?
Coulibaly? If he’s sold it’s going to be for £10-20M, of course he’s going to play.
The other young lads won’t be sold but they’ve got a lot of developing to do before they’re ready to start for us.

Don't think Ramsdale did.

Correct, he was on the bench for Bournemouth's final PL game of the 2016–17 season against Leicester, but made his full PL debut for Bournemouth on the opening day of the 19/20 season against us. He'd been at Chesterfield & AFCW in the intervening seasons.

All played 1st team football within a year of transferring.. That's all I'm saying..

DCL played 1st team football for us didnt he ?
Everton developed DCLs potential he made the odd start, the Everton fans were not impressed
He took time to reach his full potential with the help of Evertons coaches

All played 1st team football within a year of transferring.. That's all I'm saying..
I really don’t know what point you are trying to make.
They are much more likely to play first team football if they go on loan as planned which will aid their development. If they stay with the first team they are much less likely.
What is it that you think we should do?

What about the funding he gave to Wilder doesnt that count as credit in the bank for the Prrince
Wouldn't say so really. Given the amount the club received in the past 2 seasons it's not actually phenomenal.
What I mean by watched and judged is since the prince arrival we've had a joint ownership then the court battle. Throughout Wilders years too a manager who challenged and shaped the club more so than most managers do.

But as I said SJ a good start. Let's see how things transpire! Hopefully we will be all good!

Wouldn't say so really. Given the amount the club received in the past 2 seasons it's not actually phenomenal.

I never said it was phenomenal
The club spent over £60m on three players we spent on other players that added to the increase in wages of the current staff and the new signings is significant

What I mean by watched and judged is since the prince arrival we've had a joint ownership then the court battle.
And how much do think we would have spent if McCabe had been in charge ?

Throughout Wilders years too a manager who challenged and shaped the club more so than most managers do.
Yes he did then spat his dummy out
He could have been a legend

But as I said SJ a good start. Let's see how things transpire! Hopefully we will be all good

SJ is a fantastic start he will not be cheap either

I remember all the bed wetters when PH was alleged to be on the short list saying we were going for the cheap option , no ambition repeat ad infinitum

What I mean by watched and judged is since the prince arrival we've had a joint ownership then the court battle. Throughout Wilders years too a manager who challenged and shaped the club more so than most managers do.

But as I said SJ a good start. Let's see how things transpire! Hopefully we will be all good
So zero credit for pumping £20M or so while we were in the Championship too.
Sounds like your trying to load the table.

For the first time in my life I feel we're in good hands and ptetty chilled about club affairs.
It's gonna be a bumpy ride for the next couple of years I feel, getting everything to gel, but I'm optimistic for a change.
I think sometimes with a football club its all about trying not to do really stupid things, rather than making inspired, wonderful decisions.
I wasn't cartwheeling down the street when we announced SJ, but having seen who WBA, Fulham and Bournemouth have appointed it looks like a solid decision. And then you look over the other side of the city, where they haven't just shot themselves in the one foot recently with their decisions they have machine gunned both of the f**kers clean off!

No. It's impossible to know what was him and what was TV money. By all accounts we had the lowest wage budget so it's not like we really spent as big as the headline fees suggest. Even this season we get nearly 50 million in parachute payments.

I'm still on the fence. Lots of good sounds that I do like though.

TV money is his money, he's the owner.

He let the club spend it. McCabe would have given us £20m for a window if we were lucky, PA has sanctioned that for one player multiple times.

Also tarted up Bramall Lane within a year of being owner, which gives him a lot of credit from me, the property and construction bloke who owned us for ages let it rot really since 2006.

Might only be a lick of paint and some new seats but it makes a big difference and shows he's bothered.

TV money is his money, he's the owner.

He let the club spend it. McCabe would have given us £20m for a window if we were lucky, PA has sanctioned that for one player multiple times.

It's TV money not his. And that's just halved and will further next..so it's a factor.

Hard to say what McCabe would and wouldn't do. It's also totally irrelevant. He's the past. Move on.

It's TV money not his. And that's just halved and will further next..so it's a factor.

Hard to say what McCabe would and wouldn't do. It's also totally irrelevant. He's the past. Move on.
He owns the business. Any profit it makes is his to do as he sees fit with.

It’s completely relevant because we need a benchmark to compare the Prince to, and to anyone with half a brain and who hasn’t still got a nostalgic hard-on for “No bigger Blade than me, Seth” he’s clearly coming out favourably.

So zero credit for pumping £20M or so while we were in the Championship too.
Sounds like your trying to load the table.
McCabe and Prince had to match contributions to the club whilst in the Champ and they were both trying to put forward their case to win control of the club so technically this was a joint effort.

Worth noting that in the Championship last time we got 11m for Brooks, and we got a 1.5m or so for Maguire to Leicester too.

I'm happy we didn't overspend though in the Championship, so this isn't entirely knocking the prince or mccabe for a few years ago. Because you only have to look at clubs who have gambled and failed to go up. (Wednesday, Derby to name but two!)

I'm pleased so far with the Prince's actions this summer and the noises coming out. What I'm saying is that this is now a slight change in direction in how the club is run, which is why Wilder and Prince couldn't work together any longer. So we should watch, wait and see how things pan out.

Regurgitating old territory, but it does seem mad that we're not bringing him back for a look. Our options in midfield are shambolic.
I'm a bit confused to be honest. If we're really setting his price at £10m+ then what's the decision about whether to have him in our squad? How can he be worth that money and not be good enough for the Championship next season?

Yep, should be in Spain. Daft decision this one.
Don't disagree, but feel there's something behind the scenes / in the agreement of the signing or conditions of the loan that we aren't privvy to. Nothing untoward, but something that prevents or makes difficult moving between clubs.

Just don't see us not taking a look at him if we could, when he's taken a handful of the u23s with him.

It's a bit odd. If he's not good enough to compete for a place in our midfield at Championship level, then the links to AC Milan, Celtic, Galatasaray etc. must be complete bollocks. Even if we think he's not ready to play for us (even though he was apparently playing well at a decent level last season), it would've made sense to bring him back and loan him to a League One club so he gets used to English football.

Possibly there's some work permit issue we're unaware of.

They are also taking the interests of Beerschot into account. Our squad is quite thin in decent midfielders also. If Coulibaly leaves the prince has another club heading for relegation. When in a group you need to balance each club’s interests. Part what I heard is also that Coulibaly is a discovery of Beerschot scouts and Sheffield only got involved at a very late stage to get the financial side in order and that’s why the group prefers to let him stay at Beerschot. But in football everything can change quickly.

I'd let him stay at Beerschot for this season and continue to develop as a player. He's clearly settled over there and is developing nicely. Leave him to grow as a footballer organically.

Next season is another matter though and that is when I feel we should be looking at either using him at SUFC or a trying to sell him for as much as we can get for him if SJ doesnt fancy him as a player. Provided we strengthen well this pre season we should have enough about us to be right at the top end of the division this season without having to use this lad.

For the first time in my life I feel we're in good hands and ptetty chilled about club affairs.
It's gonna be a bumpy ride for the next couple of years I feel, getting everything to gel, but I'm optimistic for a change.
I'm not. They get rodded, lottorum.

BOOOEERRRD AHHHT

Back
Top Bottom