Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What if his release clause is met?
That's if he's got one, and if he has, and he wants to go and sit on the bench somewhere that's up to him. After all, he hasn't done much more than that here, so why he would think he'd stroll into a proper Premier League teams first eleven I don't know.

But if he becomes a top player for us in the Championship and we got promoted again he will then be arriving in the Premier League as a real, proper, Premier League player with confidence, and if he kicks on from there he can be bought by one of the top clubs as a first teamer rather than a bit part player.

That's if he's got one, and if he has, and he wants to go and sit on the bench somewhere that's up to him. After all, he hasn't done much more than that here, so why he would think he'd stroll into a proper Premier League teams first eleven I don't know.

But if he becomes a top player for us in the Championship and we got promoted again he will then be arriving in the Premier League as a real, proper, Premier League player with confidence, and if he kicks on from there he can be bought by one of the top clubs as a first teamer rather than a bit part player.
Sounds needlessly bitter and not how I see it at all. He could go this summer and walk into a lot of the PL sides.
If he’d agree to stay we would probably get more for him, but the top two still are unlikely to be interested. When was the last time one of the top two just bought a player from the Championship, nevermind then put them straight in the first team?

Apparently Galatasaray are in for him. Anyone got any news on his future at the club? I guess he's a good player. Haven't seen any video if him. Any itk'ers.

Apparently Galatasaray are in for him. Anyone got any news on his future at the club? I guess he's a good player. Haven't seen any video if him. Any itk'ers.

Galatasaray fan on Twitter said it was cobblers because they're skint.

They were looking at him at the same time as us but they couldn't afford him then for £1m.

I believe he can play for us next season as he has reached the 15 point threshold: 10 for playing in a band 2 league; 6 for playing 51% of Beerschot's games. If clubs are sniffing now, it's because they view him as being close to the bottom of his potential valuation. That's Milan and Galatasaray who are believed to have bid now .Instinct tells you to give them a fuck off tablet and bring him back into the fold or loan him out again; either to a major European league or Beerschot again. He's got three years on his contract so I'd prefer if it was extended by an extra year especially if we go down the loan route again.

I hope he gets the chance to show his abilities here. Hate to see him let go and turns out to be superstar!

I believe he can play for us next season as he has reached the 15 point threshold: 10 for playing in a band 2 league; 6 for playing 51% of Beerschot's games. If clubs are sniffing now, it's because they view him as being close to the bottom of his potential valuation. That's Milan and Galatasaray who are believed to have bid now .Instinct tells you to give them a fuck off tablet and bring him back into the fold or loan him out again; either to a major European league or Beerschot again. He's got three years on his contract so I'd prefer if it was extended by an extra year especially if we go down the loan route again.
Just to clarify he’s got three years left on his contract and we always add a plus one in our favour so I think we’re alright. If he ever comes and plays for us he’d get a new deal on the back of that anyway.

Be interesting to see if he enters the fold. Had to go on loan to Belgium anyway as he wouldn't get permit here.
But this is a prince signing. One that caused a bit of a rift between him and Wilder as he didn't know anything about it at all.

Just to clarify he’s got three years left on his contract and we always add a plus one in our favour so I think we’re alright. If he ever comes and plays for us he’d get a new deal on the back of that anyway.
That's good. You don't really want it getting to two years because the player then has the power. One year you're fucked and you have to get what you can get.

That's good. You don't really want it getting to two years because the player then has the power. One year you're fucked and you have to get what you can get.

Never worked that way in our favour when buying

It only works that way when a good player on shit wages gets offered a new deal on shit wages.

It's just more McCabe, Woodhouse, Brearley, Mcdonald bullshit I hope we don't get screwed over by ever again.

Now qualifies for a work Visa, so he can play at the lane!!!

I can see now why Beerschot is going to be essential to bringing players in and how it appears very easy to sign players from Belgium's Jupiler Pro League, whereas the Norwich and Huddersfield route of signing second division German players will no longer work under current Brexit regulations. I presume also that Chateauroux will also qualify if they gain status back to Ligue 1, although that's some way off given that they're set to start next season in the third division.

Whereas if we were trying to sign an international from Greece, who are ranked 51 on the world at present, and therefore not in the current 50 which is the threshold, they'd not likely gain the status to come even as a full international. But we could sign a regular international from Costa Rica as long as said player was a regular international over the last 24 months.

Looks promising

"However, if he will not be given the game time he would get at Beerschot, he will remain there to further his development. With United expected to compete for promotion and the need for Championship experience, Coulibaly is likely to remain at Olympisch Stadion for at least another season."

So Coulibaly is staying at Beerschot for another season then? Does seem strange he hasn't been brought back for pre-season training, was hoping he'd have a look in under SJ

"However, if he will not be given the game time he would get at Beerschot, he will remain there to further his development. With United expected to compete for promotion and the need for Championship experience, Coulibaly is likely to remain at Olympisch Stadion for at least another season."

So Coulibaly is staying at Beerschot for another season then? Does seem strange he hasn't been brought back for pre-season training, was hoping he'd have a look in under SJ
The worldwide pandemic is relatively troublesome to anything like that unfortunately, hard to just drag him back for a 'look' then send him back to Belgium with all the politics involved

Shame really

The worldwide pandemic is relatively troublesome to anything like that unfortunately, hard to just drag him back for a 'look' then send him back to Belgium with all the politics involved

Shame really
Yeah true, it'd be a more definite decision, and last thing we'd want is disrupting his development by faffing about isolating while pre seasons on.

I guess that answers it really, he'll be at Beerschot. I was just surprised we didnt hook him back in straight after Beerschot's season ended, i thought he'd be a definite with Lundstram fucking off, plus others in midfield potentially departing

I’m a bit conflicted on this as he seems a great prospect but if he’s not going to be playing for us this year then I think we should probably sell him. Everything has to be geared towards getting promotion this year and if he can’t help is do that on the pitch then accepting one of the 10+ million pound bids which have been rumoured earlier in the summer and last January would probably help us more either by keeping hold of another asset who does play for us or by allowing us to recruit players to actually play for us.

Yeah true, it'd be a more definite decision, and last thing we'd want is disrupting his development by faffing about isolating while pre seasons on.

I guess that answers it really, he'll be at Beerschot. I was just surprised we didnt hook him back in straight after Beerschot's season ended, i thought he'd be a definite with Lundstram fucking off, plus others in midfield potentially departing
As an ‘elite athlete’ he wouldn’t have to isolate if he travels into the country. He’d be exempt.

I’m a bit conflicted on this as he seems a great prospect but if he’s not going to be playing for us this year then I think we should probably sell him. Everything has to be geared towards getting promotion this year and if he can’t help is do that on the pitch then accepting one of the 10+ million pound bids which have been rumoured earlier in the summer and last January would probably help us more either by keeping hold of another asset who does play for us or by allowing us to recruit players to actually play for us.
I think that’s a very shorter sighted view on it. If he has the potential to go far, and we’re able to decline offers… then we should.

Great idea sell for £10m when he could be worth double that in 12 months

Great idea sell for £10m when he could be worth double that in 12 months
I think that’s a very shorter sighted view on it. If he has the potential to go far, and we’re able to decline offers… then we should.
Ideally we’d keep him as I agree he’s a good prospect and seems to only be trending upwards. I’d be excited to watch him play at Bramall Lane. However, the noises coming out from the lane are that we do need to sell this summer not desperately but that we will off load assets that we’d probably rather keep. If that’s the case it’s better to keep players who do actually play for us rather than ones who don’t. If we don’t go up this year then the need to sell increases and we’d lose even more assets we’d like to keep in all likelihood including Coulibaly.

I've read a lot of this thread but just gonna leave this here..

? Why not keep him, play him at the lane and, this is just a suggestion, put the other young lads who are also "already looking shit hot" in the team with him.. And reward the (until recently) long suffering blades fans with some fucking entertainers.

How about putting us first for a fucking change.. The Prince can talk of greatness, a team of "players" give you that. Come on, break the cycle..

Nb. Raleigh chopper jokes are permitted but customers are limited to one per customer, rules and conditions apply, if in doubt read the small print before submitting your bycicle related puns...

I've read a lot of this thread but just gonna leave this here..

? Why not keep him, play him at the lane and, this is just a suggestion, put the other young lads who are also "already looking shit hot" in the team with him.. And reward the (until recently) long suffering blades fans with some fucking entertainers.

How about putting us first for a fucking change.. The Prince can talk of greatness, a team of "players" give you that. Come on, break the cycle..

Nb. Raleigh chopper jokes are permitted but customers are limited to one per customer, rules and conditions apply, if in doubt read the small print before submitting your bycicle related puns...

I was fairly with you til I read the bit about long suffering….were you not entertained in 4 of the last 5 seasons?
If you’re whining about selling players, then you’re forgetting what can be done when you sell a player for the good of a squad overall!

The article doesn't say anything about whether he is or is not staying or coming to us. It states that he can with no barriers if that is decided.
Nothing more.
Calm down.

This is the first time ever over many years of the supporting United, I'm completely relaxed on who should go, or come into the club. Van Winckel who I trust, knows more about him that we do. With the Prince, van Winckel and now Slav working for the club, I'll leave such matters to them and I'm really chilled with whatever they decide.

This is the first time ever over many years of the supporting United, I'm completely relaxed on who should go, or come into the club. Van Winckel who I trust, knows more about him that we do. With the Prince, van Winckel and now Slav working for the club, I'll leave such matters to them and I'm really chilled with whatever they decide.
Just playing devil's advocate here but what do you base the prince and van winckels trust on?
Slav we can see his past record much more easily.
For me prince is now more at the fore front regards matters in the post wilder era. He is now to be watched and judged. But appointing SJ good first start for sure!

Back
Top Bottom