Could we do better with a different manager?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Could we do better with a different manager?

• Total voters
It’s an absolutely redundant point at this stage. If we get hammered in the next couple of games then it’s a different story.

I think if we don’t win in one of the next two he’s gone as it’s the international break

I think the problem is it doesn’t complain and is a yes man

If hecky says in the media we’re gonna lose 8-0 it’s no problem what will the players thinks
do you think big Sam is a yes man? because if not he wont last long .

Big Sam isn’t a yes man

Wilder isn’t a yes man

We need a manager who will say it how it is not hecky who doesn’t
The last two managers told it like it was and do you think that another one who would do the same would be welcomed in the board room ?

The last two managers told it like it was and do you think that another one who would do the same would be welcomed in the board room ?

You can say it like it is and still be welcomed in the Boardroom

Hecky is 6 out of 10 manager, so of course we can do better but we could do a lot worse too,
People say how brilliant he was but getting promoted with one of the strongest, most expensive squads
in the league is good job not brilliant. People mention the embargo but in reality it had little effect.
Just stopped us from bringing in a single loan player to replace Khadra.

So a change is still a risk. Hecky is level headed, calm and reasonably popular with the fans
but I was a lone voice and highlighting reservations about our style of play last season.
How we by;assed midfield and relied on Norwood with the long ball, 1 in 5 a great pass, 4 in 5 times straight back to the opposition losing possession
Giving up possession in the Championship is hardly the greatest but in the PL possession is massively imporant.
Last season there were games where we were playing poorly, then out of the blue N’Diaye would produce some magic and score from nothing,
This season we don’t have N’Diaye so we need to work our chances better, to date Archer has hardly touched the ball, which is worrying.
Also last season we’d spend the last 30 minutes of many games sat back, defending in numbers parking the bus.
We deliberately invited pressure but to be fair, it worked because we held out to scrape a win
but I remember thinking we cant use a park the bus tactic in the PL, other teams have bigger squads and with longer game time it’s harder to hold out.
We need to learn how to pass the ball and at least retain some possesion.

My other reservations revilve around under Wikder we were well drilled, everyone seem to know where to pass without even looking,
Where as under Hecky we look disjointed and the fact he wanted to retain Lowe, Sharp, Flack, Stevens, Osborn and Basham,
players who struggled in the Championship but for some weird reason Hecky thinks they’ll do a job in the PL is worrying.

However look at Sheff Wed, Darren Moore had many similarities to Hecky.
Both were calm no matter the result, non controversial and hard to dislike.
Neither showed any passion/ personality or revealed much about tactics or injuries during interviews
Both were very slow regards substitutions as though they were decided before the match
Both players negative hand break but pragmatic football, proving excellent at battling out 1-0 and 2-1 wins.
A win is a win but it was rarely convincing. However I will agree that last season the financial situation for both Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed was so serious
that the performance was totally irrelevant, we and Sheff Wed even, had to win at any cost.

However Sheff Wed have got rid of Darren Moore, many Owls rejoiced claiming that DM was a average manager.
They now have Xisco Munoz but he’s so bad, they’re now saying how they’d love an “average manager” as that would be a massive upgrade.
So it might be a case of not fully appreciating Hecky until after he’s gone.

In conclusion: Hecky deserves more time to prove himself but we can’t continue being negative and still losing all season.
Can’t believe some of our fans are throwing in the towel already, saying let’s accept relegation and keep Hecky.
Disagree…think we have better individual players now than what we had under Wilder and we should be still aiming to stay up.

Last year we had parachute payments Luton didn’t.

Hecky inherited a side a lot better than Edwards at Luton.

We out spent Luton.

Luton are ahead of us in the league.

Don’t talk silly. If you voted no then you’re basically clueless and must be doing it for some other reason.

They came because we are a premier league club nothing else

If you watch heckys interviews he ain’t motivating anyone to do anything

So you are basing his ability to coach and motivate players behind closed doors, on what he says to the press?

Big Sam isn’t a yes man

Wilder isn’t a yes man

We need a manager who will say it how it is not hecky who doesn’t
Do you think this manager you are on about who ever he is will last long not being a yes man ? I am sure if he disagrees with the prince and tells him what he thinks rather than agreeing wjth the prince he will go a long way .Probably West Street.

Wilder
Mark Robins
Alex Neil
Mckenna
Schumacher
Wagner
Farke
Big Sam

And thats just off the top of my head managers who we could probably get
No thanks to mark Robins,Alex Neil,Schumacher, Warner,farke and big Sam and even wilder

All this Hecky out / Wilder in talk is a very knee jerk reaction. 1 week ago, nobody was talking about him getting the sack. A single result (no matter how bad) does not define a player, squad, manager or season. Hecky has done more than enough to earn our patience and support

We all need to remember that the sports media / you tubers stir the pot for click bait.

All this Hecky out / Wilder in talk is a very knee jerk reaction. 1 week ago, nobody was talking about him getting the sack. A single result (no matter how bad) does not define a player, squad, manager or season. Hecky has done more than enough to earn our patience and support

We all need to remember that the sports media / you tubers stir the pot for click bait.

I’ve said he isn’t good enough since the 1st leg of the forest semi

Tactically inept not a great motivator

Just very lucky to have a top class championship team

There was a piece in the paper about it.

I think fans are dismissing what an achievment it was to get promoted last year with the list of injuries we had. I mean we had to play Osborn as right wingback a few times. and hardly played the same team twice. Scraped some wins but we were better than everyone but Burnley Surely a new manager would want a promise of money to spend and whoever it would be he won't get that until we have a new owner. Most fans, I would think, knew that this season we were unlikely to do a Wilder. Our players overall are just not as good and they have had little time to gel as a team. I also think our young players are in better hands under Hecky than other managers.

Did you not know we have a mega rich prince .Money is no problem .We can afford any manager the jerks on here think off .Plus we can afford to pay Heckies contract up along with all his crew and give big Sam all the money he needs to change the squad and of course big Sam will be very cheap .

Any vets on here?

I think fans are dismissing what an achievment it was to get promoted last year with the list of injuries we had. I mean we had to play Osborn as right wingback a few times. and hardly played the same team twice. Scraped some wins but we were better than everyone but Burnley Surely a new manager would want a promise of money to spend and whoever it would be he won't get that until we have a new owner. Most fans, I would think, knew that this season we were unlikely to do a Wilder. Our players overall are just not as good and they have had little time to gel as a team. I also think our young players are in better hands under Hecky than other managers.
We had a team that finished 9th in the PL. Playing in the championship. We had parachute money.

No one expected us to come 9th but no one expected us to be below Luton after a very favourable fixture list.

I’ve said he isn’t good enough since the 1st leg of the forest semi

Tactically inept not a great motivator

Just very lucky to have a top class championship team
So would you be happy having Wilder back? It was his team he inherited a team that went weeks and weeks in the prem without a win not 6 weeks

Spot on mate well said

We had a team that finished 9th in the PL. Playing in the championship. We had parachute money.

No one expected us to come 9th but no one expected us to be below Luton after a very favourable fixture list.
We're level on points with Luton, behind on goal difference. The way you're talking its like there's a 6 point gulf.

And the job was too much for him, so we should give all the help we can to Hecky just now, not try too cut the ground away from under his feet like some are trying to do :rolleyes: ........

What was the job then ? When wilder walked in the door what was the job ?

I hope we win the next two and these threads disappear and I’m completely wrong

What was the job then ? When wilder walked in the door what was the job ?

I hope we win the next two and these threads disappear and I’m completely wrong
The job was to build a team to get us out of the third Div. at an under performing Sheffield United.
Just a bit different eh ...... :rolleyes:

Hecky stays in my opinion.

But on another note, It's all well and good saying yeah Heckingbottom will take us back up and we'll be a yo-yo club etc blah blah blah.

But this is Sheffield United we are talking about here and as much as I hope we'd bounce straight back if relegated, the realist in me says that probably wouldn't happen. Regardless of who is manager.

Has it ever even happened to us? Getting back to a league at the first attempt? Not in the time I've been going it hasn't.

Part of being a Blade though, live in hope, keep the faith.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom