[CONFIRMED] Julian Winter leaves Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll say one thing for him - he was good enough to invite me to meet him regarding the marlon king debacle. I found him to be a nice guy, and we had a decent chat. Thought it was very good of him to invite me down, and he told me had had done this with quite a few fans who had emailed the club regarding the affair.

Very strange. Praised for assisting in getting HRH on board but then leaves of his own accord (again). Sounds like he's either fulfilled a specific remit or isn't adding any value - sounds like the latter given that he won't be replaced.

Alan Biggs, who broke the Weir news first, reckons we might see a bigger Saudi influence now

Very strange. Praised for assisting in getting HRH on board but then leaves of his own accord (again). Sounds like he's either fulfilled a specific remit or isn't adding any value - sounds like the latter given that he won't be replaced.

I would have thought that sounds more like the former.

As the news release says, the Chief Executive role is effectively no more.

There is a vacancy as managing director, Craig Burns remains in charge of finance and Nigel Clough I will have more of a direct say on the football side.

I'd imagine Jim Phipps and Scott McCabe will be more hands on until at least a new managing director is formally appointed.

Interesting that my post above seems to have attracted journalistic echoes.

It is important to have some stability from the execs and above as much as it is for managers and players. We have probably had more directors/presidents/executives than away teams visiting the lane this year.

It has to stop.

It is important to have some stability from the execs and above as much as it is for managers and players. We have probably had more directors/presidents/executives than away teams visiting the lane this year.

It has to stop.
Yes, we have been having too many chiefs but not enough indians

As the news release says, the Chief Executive role is effectively no more.

There is a vacancy as managing director, Craig Burns remains in charge of finance and Nigel Clough I will have more of a direct say on the football side.

I'd imagine Jim Phipps and Scott McCabe will be more hands on until at least a new managing director is formally appointed.

What's the difference between these roles/titles?

Maybe they will formally appoint Jim Phipps and he will move to the UK to be hands on. Alternatively, they might look at a British football orientated appointment. Or maybe Karren Brady ha ha

44051089.jpg

I'll say one thing for him - he was good enough to invite me to meet him regarding the marlon king debacle. I found him to be a nice guy, and we had a decent chat. Thought it was very good of him to invite me down, and he told me had had done this with quite a few fans who had emailed the club regarding the affair.
Same here fella. I met with him when I was back in November.

I found him to be an extremely decent bloke, very passionate about the club and genuinely seemed interested in what we thought as fans. I met with him for an hour, marlon king was the main reason for the discussion but he was only part of it talked about player recruitment generally, Weir, signing young promising players, the Bassett days and the rogues we had then, febien brandy, but also Clough.

Perhaps his remit is now fulfilled, he talked about when he came in his job was to 'cut the cloth' and find investment and I guess those boxes have being ticked somewhat.

The most interesting thing was his passion for returning us to a proper family/ community club.

Personally I felt like he was a very good guy to have around and to communicate with the fans a little more then we'd see improvements between the club and supporters. I'm sure others at the club are similar to Mr Winter, but as I said, he seemed a decent Blade

Good luck Mr Winter

Interesting that my post above seems to have attracted journalistic echoes.

They now scavenge everywhere. Football hacks have always owed all their self-esteem to knowing people in the game and being privy to information denied the rest of us. It's their raison d'être and their oxygen. The rise of technology: direct and instant information has cut out the middle man and, no matter how much they might protest otherwise, rendered them redundant.

So now they ghost-write books about nonentities, don't they, Alan?

So now they ghost-write books about nonentities, don't they, Alan?

...and then Tweet about it endlessly. The shameful fact that I actually know the title of Lee Bullen's biography is testament to that.

There’s been a few older threads brought back.

Kudos to the discipline.

I’m just waiting for Martin Dickinson signs to hit the top 🤣

How far does it all go back?! Is there a thread somewhere saying "Blades bid for Argentenian star"?!

Really pleased I know where this fella is now. It's been bothering me for months.

Back
Top Bottom