New Blades Heaven podcast on the EFL awards nomination farce

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FH Team

Reaction score
Hi there! Rob Staton & Carl Asaba sat down to tear into the EFL awards nomination snub for Hecky & Ndiaye... and they didn't hold back!

Listen to the episode here or download wherever you get your pods (just search for Blades Heaven!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fghkrz

And if you want to see a video of the pod, check out the tweet below (all RT's are appreciated too!)

Really?

Are football fans/people so easily upset by everything and so quick to feel ‘disrespected’?

I’m actually convinced that most of us saw these EFL nominations and within about half a second moved on to thinking about what to have for tea.

Sorry Football Heaven, but I think you’ve underestimated how much people give a shit about this.

Clickbait internet nonsense

I wasn’t even aware of the awards. What categories are there?

Best pie. That’s us fucked.
Best kit quality. Our badges fall off the shirts.
Best pigeons. THIS IS OURS!!!!!
Leave our pigeons alone.
They were only after a coup of a story....
They were after all high on grass

Really?

Are football fans/people so easily upset by everything and so quick to feel ‘disrespected’?

I’m actually convinced that most of us saw these EFL nominations and within about half a second moved on to thinking about what to have for tea.

Sorry Football Heaven, but I think you’ve underestimated how much people give a shit about this.

Clickbait internet nonsense

We're not asking anyone to care about it, that's your choice. On the pod it was a topic the hosts wanted to discuss and did feel passionately about.

Not sure that constitutes 'clickbait' but ah well 🤷‍♂️

We're not asking anyone to care about it, that's your choice. On the pod it was a topic the hosts wanted to discuss and did feel passionately about.

Not sure that constitutes 'clickbait' but ah well 🤷‍♂️

‘Tearing into’ the EFL and the use of ‘snub’ as if the EFL was deliberately maliciously out to make sure Ndiaye and Heckingbottom miss out on an award… very The Sun / MailOnline tabloid 101 language.

I think your pod is good generally, don’t get me wrong. I just think this one is a bit too TalkSport setting out to be offended almost on behalf on the fans. Not for me… although in mitigation I have started listening to more Radio 4 in my early 30s so perhaps I’m becoming a boring twat 😄

Thanks FH Team

I agree it's an absolute disgrace that PH and Ndiaye haven't been nominated in their categories. It seems that our stint on the EFL naughty step is clearly at play here though, and of course the Carrick love fest that was so prevalent in the media until recently. Mark Robbns though... WTF?

I thought it used to be that the managers nominated each other on who they thought manager of the season should be... Has that changed?

I thought it used to be that the managers nominated each other on who they thought manager of the season should be... Has that changed?
I assume it was a panel of Don Goodman, Andy Hinchcliffe and Lee Hendrie.

I'm sure it took them no time to decide to erase Sheffield United despite being top two all season and in the Fa cup semi.

We must just be lucky, having achieved that with no top manager, top players lr top young players...

Back
Top Bottom