Oli McBurnie joins the Blades Heaven podcast! You will love this Blades fans!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FH Team

Reaction score
Hi Blades -- today we had the great pleasure of welcoming Oli McBurnie into the Blades Heaven studio to have a chat with Carl Asaba & Rob Staton

He was fantastic! You will love listening to him I promise! Check out the episode wherever you get your podcasts (just search for Blades Heaven) or click this link to hear the episode https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fbt14t

And there's a little teaser video in this tweet. Any RT's would be appreciated!

Hi Blades -- today we had the great pleasure of welcoming Oli McBurnie into the Blades Heaven studio to have a chat with Carl Asaba & Rob Staton

He was fantastic! You will love listening to him I promise! Check out the episode wherever you get your podcasts (just search for Blades Heaven) or click this link to hear the episode https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fbt14t

Enjoyed that thank you.

Anywhere we can watch it rather than just listen?

Anywhere we can watch it rather than just listen?

We'll be posting lots of clips on Twitter but the only way to listen to the whole thing is to download the podcast

We might be looking to post full videos in the future, it has been discussed

Really enjoyed that and I do get the point he makes about himself when people change their opinion of him after just a few minutes. There's Oli the person and Oli the footballer. I just hope that with the fasting stuff he's got the right nutritional people behind him.

Brilliant listen - thanks for sharing
I like the mix of Ollie the man, Ollie the player and Ollie the Blades player
coming through plus insight Into football club dynamics - great to see that Hecky Stuart and Jack are highly regarded by the players

I like how Carl and Rob interact with each other and the player - great podcast thank you
Hope to see more like this

I really enjoyed that. He just seems a nice lad. And more intelligent than I imagined.

I remember Olli being interviewed on Talksport a few year ago when the season was temporarily suspended due to covid.
The presenters asked him about the possibility of the season being re-started with matches being played behind closed doors.

He said he bounces off the banter and energy from the crowd and admitted that he even doesn't mind receiving banter received from away fans. He said during training sessions he's not generally that good but when it comes to matches in front of a crowd he finds extra energy and desire, which he believes massively improves his game.

He admitted that personally for him, he would struggle playing matches behind closed doors, with no crowd in the stadium.

Thought he was decent in the 1st season in the Prem but has been pretty poor since, so I almost wrote him off as not being good enough
but this season he's much improved, still lacks the highest quality (he's no N'Diaye) but his desire to win, physicality and workrate give us a different threat.

enjoying listening & the bit that where he talks about being misunderstood. was interesting for me & how he needs to be similar to Diego Costa & play a angry to play well

Brilliant listen - thanks for sharing
I like the mix of Ollie the man, Ollie the player and Ollie the Blades player
coming through plus insight Into football club dynamics - great to see that Hecky Stuart and Jack are highly regarded by the players

I like how Carl and Rob interact with each other and the player - great podcast thank you
Hope to see more like this

Thank you!

Cheers that was very good, im one of them that thought he was a nob, that changed my view, comes across as a really good bloke

I switched off as soon as i saw Nob sorry Rob staton had a "Top Gun Maverick" baseball cap on

Youre not a fighter pilot rob you work for radio sheffield

I switched off as soon as i saw Nob sorry Rob staton had a "Top Gun Maverick" baseball cap on

Youre not a fighter pilot rob you work for radio sheffield

Great work on turning 'Rob' into 'Nob'... I'm sure the Edinburgh Fringe awaits 😂

I don't think you have to think you're a fighter pilot to wear a hat either...

Will definitely listen to this when I get a chance, as I enjoyed the last one.

Great work on turning 'Rob' into 'Nob'... I'm sure the Edinburgh Fringe awaits 😂

Glad you liked it robert, ill put a ticket aside for you

We'll be posting lots of clips on Twitter but the only way to listen to the whole thing is to download the podcast

We might be looking to post full videos in the future, it has been discussed
I’m deaf so can you hurry up.

Another ‘illuminating’ comment from Fallowfield. Don’t know how he comes up with these hilarious jokes.

Back
Top Bottom