Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In the owners box at the semi. Mixing with players at the end of season party. Nothing wrong with that. It is a good YouTube channel. Just feel it has gotten too cozy with the club. Cant be objective. Less likely to rip into a player when you have shared a beer with them.
Remember this thread is for unpopular opinions to be expressed.
Of course, was just curious. Besties with the owner perhaps but not the club. One of them was invited as a guest of a sponsor to the awards, not the club. And at least one of the players involved isn't the biggest fan of 1/2 of the pod!

Makes no sense. So if I post TC was a fraud and useless that's an unpopular opinion? No. It's juvenile rubbish or a WUM.
Look at the facts. That side won nothing. After getting promoted in 1971, they finished 10th, 13th, 14th, 13th and a high of 6th before being relegated. They never managed to get past the 4th round of the FA Cup and quarters of the League Cup once when they got hammered 5-0 by West Ham. This was in an era of when it was a much more level playing field, there were no clubs throwing billions of quid on players. You might have great memories of TC and Woody et al but the fact is they were capable of beating anyone but equally capable of losing to anyone, and they did, regularly. Everyone of a certain age will remember us beating Ipswich 7-0 and how brilliant we were, but the following week we got spanked 5-1 by Palace. Palace in 1972 were no great side. Anyone recall that? No, because it doesn’t suit the agenda of how great we were.

I really liked Bryan Robson's little table. It really tied the technical area and dug out together. Other teams looked at us as a modern sophisticated club rather than a grimy, northern working class club.

most of the youtube fan channels are shit
Of course, was just curious. Besties with the owner perhaps but not the club. One of them was invited as a guest of a sponsor to the awards, not the club. And at least one of the players involved isn't the biggest fan of 1/2 of the pod!
IMO most of the youtube SUFC fan channels are shit if i want to watch people drinking and talking shit i'll sit in the pub

Sheffield Inited are no different to any other club and will sell players, players want to leave and mess us around. We are nothing different to PSG, Barcelona or Dulwich Hamlets

We're suckers for when ex-players say "once a blade" in their departure messages and secretly suspect a lot are simply advised to put it. It's almost our version of new pig signings dropping "massive club" in their intros.

Alongside my point I made elsewhere that Bash 4 seasons ago was better than Anel who has settled into being an average defender after about the first 5 or 6 games I'm now aggravated by the 'need' to replace McAtee. We do not, his style of play is not needed by Sheff Utd in the Prem and if either Souza or Davies live up to their promise they will be a better fit for the team. In fact with Hamer and Slimane up to speed he'd be sitting on our bench and we've yet to see how Brooks develops yet. He might get in ahead of Osborn.

Alongside my point I made elsewhere that Bash 4 seasons ago was better than Anel who has settled into being an average defender after about the first 5 or 6 games I'm now aggravated by the 'need' to replace McAtee. We do not, his style of play is not needed by Sheff Utd in the Prem and if either Souza or Davies live up to their promise they will be a better fit for the team. In fact with Hamer and Slimane up to speed he'd be sitting on our bench and we've yet to see how Brooks develops yet. He might get in ahead of Osborn.
You seem happy we haven't replaced our main two attacking threats last year. McAtee and Ndiaye.

You seem happy we haven't replaced our main two attacking threats last year. McAtee and Ndiaye.
Where did I say anything about Ndiaye?
McBurnie was a different but greater threat than McAtee.
I don't think we should try and play the way we did against Championship teams against Premier League teams.
Apart from these points your comment is almost correct.

It's got to the point where I can't wait for this transfer window to "slam shut" and I'm past caring whether we bring anyone else in. Just want to be able to tear myself away from the Rumour Mill section and get on with my life

We need to be careful in signing forwards as to not block off the opportunities for the young talent coming through (Jebbison, Osula, Marsh, Hackford, Traore). Short term gain now might screw us out of some even better players in long run.

Ben Osborn has done very little wrong in his blades career and, whilst limited, is actually rapid, disciplined, and progressive on the whole. He doesn’t hide, doesn’t make howlers (a La lowe), and is generally unfairly treated by a large proportion of the fan base. He’s an upper champ/ lower prem squad player all day long.

Back
Top Bottom