Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Football fans (including us Blades) far too often forget to enjoy football as a form of entertainment ‘destination’ and instead focus on the perpetual ‘journey’. An example is how teams yearn to finish i the European places (dreaming of the next season as opposed to what they are currently watching) but when they get there they then spend the following year worrying about how the European midweek fixtures will impact their league position at the end of the season (dreaming of the next season as opposed to what they are currently watching). And on and on ad infinitum. We are as guilty as Blades as anyone (holding my hands up as part of this). We worry about what will happen next year and what will happen to X,Y or Z and often forget to just enjoy what is happening on the pitch. Football is a form of entertainment and we should remember that. Shit seasons happen, relegations happens. But then 100 goal Billy Sharp 30 goal seasons happen and it doesn’t matter that it’s the third tier because it’s amazing and we are entertained and love it. This season we need to stop worrying about takeovers and who will leave if we go down. Just enjoy it. Think about it this way. In ten years time (2033/34 season) United will still exist and we’ll (touch wood) all be here watching them no matter what league they in and that all the players will be different to those now playing. Let’s just live in the moment and enjoy the Hamer, Souza et al years like we did the Sharp, Deane and Edwards variety.

I don't give a fuck if we sign Archer or not.

He's no better than Brewster or McBurnie.

Genuinely perplexed why everyone is losing their minds over this signing as if he's going to be our saviour.

My unpopular opinion is that whoever is in charge of transfer dealings, whoever that may be, must be working shift work. They don't seem to rush things. Note I used the word seem.

We see headlines of 'we're in negotiations with the player' and that seems to last a week or longer. I know I'm gonna get told "but these things are complicated". Wrong. They're only as complicated as you allow them to come. Like everything else in life. We're absolutely desparate for a striker, we seem to have got Archer, but not in time for our next game. So how desparate are we? I'd argue that we are, but the club isn't. They seem happy for this to just go with the flow. Happens when it happens. "He needs to sort things at his end" - well push him then. Like buying house and the seller taking the piss while I'm in a tent on the field. "Oh they're sorting it, we'll be reyt" as the tent gets peppered by wind and rain.

Osula up front against City. Absolutely embarrassing.

My unpopular opinion is that whoever is in charge of transfer dealings, whoever that may be, must be working shift work. They don't seem to rush things. Note I used the word seem.

We see headlines of 'we're in negotiations with the player' and that seems to last a week or longer. I know I'm gonna get told "but these things are complicated". Wrong. They're only as complicated as you allow them to come. Like everything else in life. We're absolutely desparate for a striker, we seem to have got Archer, but not in time for our next game. So how desparate are we? I'd argue that we are, but the club isn't. They seem happy for this to just go with the flow. Happens when it happens. "He needs to sort things at his end" - well push him then. Like buying house and the seller taking the piss while I'm in a tent on the field. "Oh they're sorting it, we'll be reyt" as the tent gets peppered by wind and rain.

Osula up front against City. Absolutely embarrassing.
Tbf I think alot if this is to do with money, more importantly money we don't have. I'm sure if we offered Villa 40m and Archer 100k a week with 2.5m going to his agent this deal would have been done in hours.

Genuinely perplexed why everyone is losing their minds over this signing as if he's going to be our saviour.

He's better than Brewster in that he has functioning hamstrings, but he's certainly not going to be the difference between us staying up or not.

I'm certainly leaning towards preferring not to sign him because I think the nature of the deal will cause a lot of headaches down the line.

I kind of agree on the saviour bit, but I don't think m/any people are putting him there.
The current situation with Brewster and McB is why we need him. Brewster not showed he can consistently score (when fit) , leaving only one person with history of scoring. We need another. Currently Archer is the best bet to actually come in, rather than speculation

Our fans should be able to come on a “Sheffield United Discussion Forum” and discuss whatever they like to do with Sheffield United and our players.

Without posters calling them out for being bedwetters, moaning so and so’s, getting on backs etc etc… now I don’t mean being abusive here to players, I mean commenting on how they think the team played, how a player played, how they do or don’t rate a player, the players ability, none of that should be out of bounds.

Even when I see some comments about a game or player I think to myself your really are clueless but I also think you are entitled to your opinion. (I’m wrong also so far from perfect with my views)

But It actually gives me confidence that I know what I’m talking about in my old age with some of the comments… one that always springs to mind although this one is not blades related but too good not to mention is someone not that long ago said Jude Bellingham was out of his depth and not good enough for the highest level, still makes me chuckle whenever I see Bellingham play..

Our fans should be able to come on a “Sheffield United Discussion Forum” and discuss whatever they like to do with Sheffield United and our players.

Without posters calling them out for being bedwetters, moaning so and so’s, getting on backs etc etc… now I don’t mean being abusive here to players, I mean commenting on how they think the team played, how a player played, how they do or don’t rate a player, the players ability, none of that should be out of bounds.

Even when I see some comments about a game or player I think to myself your really are clueless but I also think you are entitled to your opinion. (I’m wrong also so far from perfect with my views)

But It actually gives me confidence that I know what I’m talking about in my old age with some of the comments… one that always springs to mind although this one is not blades related but too good not to mention is someone not that long ago said Jude Bellingham was out of his depth and not good enough for the highest level, still makes me chuckle whenever I see Bellingham play..

Whiff of pork is my favourite.

2 things fans say based on the Manchester game which seem like nonsense to me:
1. "The referee was bad but it didn't change the result", you'll never know but if you are allowed to foul and dive with impunity you will continue to do it. Nobody knows if a foul could have led to Hamer hitting a sweet freekick into the goal or Osula not getting fouled would allow him to turn and shoot.
2. They had another gear if things didn't go their way; why don't they set off in top gear and when they are 3-0 up cool it down and see the game out.

Yesterday was awful, the players and Hecky should be ashamed of our largest defeat at home. The board and refereeing can't take all of the blame and Hecky should take some responsibility for that lack of desire/effort/passion from players he is managing. 8-0 at home, we wouldn't have taken that in league 1 against Man City never mind now.

Yesterday was awful, the players and Hecky should be ashamed of our largest defeat at home. The board and refereeing can't take all of the blame and Hecky should take some responsibility for that lack of desire/effort/passion from players he is managing. 8-0 at home, we wouldn't have taken that in league 1 against Man City never mind now.
Not an especially unpopular opinion today I imagine 🙁

My unpopular view is Ben Osborn isn't a bad player at all. He is a good squad player to have and sub.

Also, has bags more energy than others in the squad.
I think he's alot like Stephen Quinn, his technical ability overlooked because he puts serious effort in.

Vinicus Souza sounds like a Harry Potter spell and I want to see him shout it and twirl his hand as if casting a spell from an imaginary wand when he scores.

And we all know what you mean by "his imaginary wand" too, nudge-nudge, wink-wink, elbow-elbow, know what I mean squire? 😉

That against Wolves we were poor and it was Wolves standards that dropped that allowed us into the game that has saved Hecky his job.

That against Wolves we were poor and it was Wolves standards that dropped that allowed us into the game that has saved Hecky his job.
A bit one eyed that view. I wish I could ignore stuff that doesn’t suit my narrative too.

We were poor first half. Second half a lot more fight in us. But yeah - Wolves fans saying we were shite when they were one of the worst PL sides at the Lane I’ve ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom