Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

48461865424011a0a26ac982fe501559--what-s-lisbon.jpg

As if I were to suggest United play in these horizontal stripes...

;););)
Future Blade wee Jemmy is left front.

I'd rather not be pragmatic for once and just keep Iliman to see what he can do for us in the Premier League next season.

I want to see the little magician for one more season if it is one last dance.

The Football Romantic (not the United one) sees him sign a pre-contract with Marseilles to join the club he supports but then leaves a parting gift to United in helping us remain in the Premier League. He then goes on to play for the club he supports in the Champions League and he upstages Mbappe and co and takes Marseilles to future glories, unseating PSG at least once. He goes on to be a fixture at International tournaments and we look on with pride and recognize our contribution to his development.

Many of our fans are raving hypocrites and incredibly colloquial

My biggest gripe is the number of ‘entitled’ so called fans, who believe that we ‘must’ buy a dozen players every transfer window, regardless of the cost.

This club bought one player in a full season that saw us achieve automatic promotion quite comfortably. The last thing we need now is greater debt, and future financial liabilities.
Tbf we have 10 out of contract (most are no good now) and 3 loans returning = 13 down at minute.

Tbf we have 10 out of contract (most are no good now) and 3 loans returning = 13 down at minute.
Most of the squad that saw us promoted will be offered new contracts, all the loan players will be replaced.

Any gaps will be filled by academy graduates. It worked when we had injuries, and it worked when we were under embargo. Fuck, we even managed automatic promotion.

Yes, I do realise the EPL is a higher level, but I don’t expect us to finish in the top two!

If we go down next year I wouldn’t be surprised if we go down straight again. The contract and age problem is a huge worry for me as we’re skint.

If we go down next year I wouldn’t be surprised if we go down straight again. The contract and age problem is a huge worry for me as we’re skint.

And that’s without even thinking about the fact that the next meteorite to hit the earth will almost certainly land on the centre spot at Bramall Lane , not to mention the pigeons passing on bird flu to half of our players and supporters…….

Try to cheer up Tom - despite all the difficulties these are good times to be a Blade and should be enjoyed for what they are and let the future take care of itself .

My biggest gripe is the number of ‘entitled’ so called fans, who believe that we ‘must’ buy a dozen players every transfer window, regardless of the cost.

This club bought one player in a full season that saw us achieve automatic promotion quite comfortably. The last thing we need now is greater debt, and future financial liabilities.
This is a great point of view.

I'd rather have evolution than revolution. This does mean staying on top of contracts far better than has been done to be honest.

But it's far more cost effective.

You don't go into the office on Monday and decide you want to replace half your team. Why should this be the approach in football?

Anybody younger than 50, maybe 55 isn't a real Blade. Just a bunch of soft little fannies whooping it up. Shirt wearing 'sing your heart out for 90 minutes' nice boys who don't have a clue. RAH RAH RAH, we love everything.

This certainly doesn’t apply to all United fans but in general our fan base care more about what the pigs do than they care about us.

The amount of threads and mentions they get baffles me. Not just on here but other social media. Yes they are our main rivals, of course we care what each other does and give and take a bit of stick but the amount some of our fans go on about them makes me cringe. Think some take more joy from them doing shit then they do from us going good.

It feels a bit small man/little brother syndrome or whatever you want to call it.

Too many Utd supporters including a number of here overly simplify the transfer and negotiation process - many appear the think that it's just like Football Manager and have no appreciation of the complexities.

Player valuation, deal structuring, accounting including the apportionment of any fee across the duration of the contract, salary & bonus negotiations, agent involvement and fees etc. are by no means simple and signing a player is slightly more tricky than offering £5m and £40/week because that's what they feel a player is worth.

The hush hush bollocks regards new kits. They trying to tell me they don't have a design done that is being readied for shipping? Early July release means it's all done and dusted and ready. Why not just show us? Or are we better suited to leaks from fuckin China? Embarrassing that we can rely on the chinese for info regards new shirts.

The hush hush bollocks regards pre-season abroad. They trying to tell me they don't know where they're going?

The club really don't know what the fans want or need sometimes.

I can't stop thinking that we should sign Deli Alli. He's only just 27.
I seemingly deleted the bit about him being mates with George Baldock from MK Dons. Furious George would get him focused and running, HJ&SM would barely need to lift a finger.

With regards to pre season, I thought they mentioned it was Portugal a few months ago? Or have I made that up?

I seemingly deleted the bit about him being mates with George Baldock from MK Dons. Furious George would get him focused and running, HJ&SM would barely need to lift a finger.
As long as it was a pay as you play deal. I’d hate to see the lazy, disinterested player of the last few years but if he could find his mojo again…. What a coup.

Back
Top Bottom