Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It has been overstated that United's loss of form post March 2020 was due to not playing in front of crowds. We had not been playing convincingly since the Brighton game before Christmas and we were due a bad run.
I repeatedly came away from games thinking, “I don’t think we were necessarily the better team”, but we got the points. So many 0-0 games that became 1-0, or 1-1 games that became 2-1. Keeping the scores down meant we were always in with a chance, but they were games that I always thought could go either way. In the first season, so many of them went for us in the first few months: then in the second season, none of them did, and by the third month all confidence was shot and we were impossibly adrift. Crowds can make a difference to those marginal results. But you’d also expect a lot of them to just average themselves out as the season went on.

Its not an unpopular opinion as such, but I personally have not/don't follow all the ins and outs of the takeover/ownership stuff at all.

Its tedious and stressful and there's nothing we can do about it/be involved in so I've simply avoided it

Its not an unpopular opinion as such, but I personally have not/don't follow all the ins and outs of the takeover/ownership stuff at all.

Its tedious and stressful and there's nothing we can do about it/be involved in so I've simply avoided it

Being an Arsenal fan first and foremost I’m not surprised that you don’t follow the ins and outs of the takeover at Sheffield United.

This certainly doesn’t apply to all United fans but in general our fan base care more about what the pigs do than they care about us.

The amount of threads and mentions they get baffles me. Not just on here but other social media. Yes they are our main rivals, of course we care what each other does and give and take a bit of stick but the amount some of our fans go on about them makes me cringe. Think some take more joy from them doing shit then they do from us going good.

It feels a bit small man/little brother syndrome or whatever you want to call it.
I dont think that is true at all and i cant understand why anyone would say that

I dont think that is true at all and i cant understand why anyone would say that
In a roundabout way the "small man/little brother" way of thinking is why I wanted to be a Blade. Iv got Wendy family like most Blades and I loved the slightly scruffy don't give a fuck attitude from my Blade relatives and the Wendy family seemed like wanna be posh soft cunts.

There's a thread about Wednesday with over 73,000 posts on it including some of my own even though I can't remember posting on it.
They have one every season with just as much traffic
In a roundabout way the "small man/little brother" way of thinking is why I wanted to be a Blade. Iv got Wendy family like most Blades and I loved the slightly scruffy don't give a fuck attitude from my Blade relatives and the Wendy family seemed like wanna be posh soft cunts.
I hate them and the second result i look for is theirs
This stems from growing up in an era where they were unarguably top dogs and having to live with their arrogance and delusions of grandeur had made the journey in overtaking them and being a bigger more succesful club all the more sweeter

But do i care more about their results than ours ?

Absolutely not ,i like to have a good laugh when they lose or their crazy chairman kills stone dead their hopes of a revival but i am a blade first and foremost and ive never met one single blade who is different to that
Not one and ive supported the blades since the porteferfield daya

They have one every season with just as much traffic

I hate them and tte second result i look for is theirs
This stems from growing up in an era where they were unarguably top dogs and having to live with their arrogance and delusions of grandeur had made the journey in overtaking them and being a bigger more succesful club all tte more sweeter

But do i care more about their results than ours ?

Absoloutely not ,i like to have a good laugh when they lose or tgeir craxy chairman kills stone dead tgeir hopes of a revival but i am a blade first and foremost and ive never met one single blade who is different to that
Not one and ive supported the blades since the porteferfield daya
There result is the second most important to me as well. I was explaining to my mate who's forest how there isn't ever a boring season as we've got a closed competion in the city between us and that lot. He compared it to Notts County and Forest but its no where near the same.

There result is the second most important to me as well. I was explaining to my mate who's forest how there isn't ever a boring season as we've got a closed competion in the city between us and that lot. He compared it to Notts County and Forest but its no where near the same.
One thing i would add is that when they do well ( i know ) i just blank them out
I dont go looking for their results or on their forum like a sad wanker stirring up shit
I just pretend they dont exist
But to be fair in the last thirty years i havent had to do that very often

So for all the pain of them actually having a good side and winning a league cup ive been repaid ten fold by their despair and indignation at their fall from (temporary) grace

Something tells me this season will be an extra special one with their renewed optimism and refreshed memories of not being shit being quickly extinguished by their narcissistic chairman and all talk of going back to back promotions becoming fainter and fainter

When you look at what success they had in the 90’s and how much they spent the pay back has been 30 years of hand to mouth also a full cap in hand when they rebirthed when Mandaric took over at least we haven’t had that to deal with we are lucky theyve had no long term investment no youth coming through of any worth no upgraded stadium just a small glimpse of what could have been when they lost in the play off final to go up to the premier league 7 seasons ago.

Unlike a number of fans who have already convinced themselves that we are relegation favourites, I think PH has got it right.
He managed a severe injury crisis in the championship that would have killed a lesser team.
In the end, promotion was comfortable for the Blades.
Only McAtee and Doyle have been lost so far, but their major contributions to our success came at the back end of our season.
We still have Ahmedhodzic, Berge and Ndiaye to build around. Wes will be fine in goal, Bogle and Lowe will both come back strong and competitive.
Injuries have stalled the growth and promise of Brewster and RND, but they will both enjoy a good season at the top.
Baldock is assured of more game time for his defensive qualities and McBurnie will have Jebbinsonand Osula to keep him honest in the top flight. In midfield we also have Norwood and Coulibally, before the manager even has to think about loans or permanent transfers.

This is all before a ball is kicked and in addition to last seasons regulars, we have the makings of a decent squad, and a bench of 8 or nine first team regulars, backed by a maturing academy.

I’m really looking forward to the new arrivals that PH will eventually bring in. I hope they represent the quality and promise that we got from an unknown RCB last season.

We don’t need 8 new players to survive in the EPL this coming season. A slack handful will do, and if they don’t come, so what?

Mine … listening to me brother & his mates saying how fkg good the 71 team was just because I was 3 and shitting in a potty .. did they win owt .. No .. I was fkg prayin the other year under Wilder we’d finish higher just so they’d put a fkg sock in it !!
Anyway fk em roles reversed nowadays I can still have 5 pints without the need for a piss & won’t be in need of a pack of Tennermen and a walking stick before em so there 👊

Ahh that’s better Doctor …. And relax 😉

I know it’s not true of all Blades that is for sure. Just basing my opinion on what I see. Like the number or new threads just relating to them (not including the enormous wednesday thread). Like the amount of memes created after they lost 4-0 to posh. Or the fact that our end of season/promotion song was more about them staying down than it was us going up. That song looks a bit shit now doesn’t it.

Just my opinion and in a thread for unpopular opinions so I guess people don’t have to agree.

I know it’s not true of all Blades that is for sure. Just basing my opinion on what I see. Like the number or new threads just relating to them (not including the enormous wednesday thread). Like the amount of memes created after they lost 4-0 to posh. Or the fact that our end of season/promotion song was more about them staying down than it was us going up. That song looks a bit shit now doesn’t it.

Just my opinion and in a thread for unpopular opinions so I guess people don’t have to agree.
You were absolutely right first time. Blades fans are completely obsessed with them. Just feeds their ego.

Ndiaye doesn’t deserve the adulation Blades fans bestow on him. We plucked him from obscurity and gave him his chance to blossom. It’s clear he won’t entertain any new contract discussions and will end up shafting us by leaving for buttons. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Just because he’s an amazing player doesn’t make his integrity beyond question.

Ndiaye doesn’t deserve the adulation Blades fans bestow on him. We plucked him from obscurity and gave him his chance to blossom. It’s clear he won’t entertain any new contract discussions and will end up shafting us by leaving for buttons. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Just because he’s an amazing player doesn’t make his integrity beyond question.
Dick Turpin stolen off people.
Ili has given me nothing but erections.

You're crazy.

I don't think we were as good in the halcyon days of Currie and Woodward as people make out. We were at best a decent midtable Division 1 side that on their day were capable of beating anyone in the league but equally capable of losing to anyone as shown by our dire record in the Cups in that era. We still didn't win anything of any note apart from the Watney Cup.
Did you watch them or were they before your time? The quality of the football on show from a team with a lot of outstanding players was incredible. Bassett produced effective, exciting up and at em teams, Warnock gave us some cracking experiences and Wilder was wonderful before he fell of a cliffe but for me, pound for pound the team of the early 70s takes the gold medal.

Sheff United way is not as good now they are Besties with the club. Cant offer an unbiased opinion. Much like Radio Sheffield. Don't want to upset the club or the players now.
Besties with the club? In what way?

In the owners box at the semi. Mixing with players at the end of season party. Nothing wrong with that. It is a good YouTube channel. Just feel it has gotten too cozy with the club. Cant be objective. Less likely to rip into a player when you have shared a beer with them.
Remember this thread is for unpopular opinions to be expressed.

Sheffield United will become the feeder club to DC Wednesday, who were formed after
the club formerly known as SWFC were demoted to the lowest step in the English
football ladder. The DC brand will overtake the Dubai/Saudi organisations in being the
world leader in international football. A 200,000 capacity stadium will be built in Sheffield
City Centre, Season Cars will average £10000 per season at the youngest level, filtering
towards the first ever £1,000,000 ST for support on the 97th level sitting zone. The two
Golden elephants will have been replaced by 80ft effigies of Lord Bannan VIII and King Erm Ist
sitting resplendently by the crystal chandeliers standing proudly in the Main Hall.

Vlydonimir's 45th grandchild will be the Manager and his first act will be to those players
who fail to join in the pre-match huddle will be publicly executed on the opening of
the Chanpagne Creche 1889.

Sheffield United will become the feeder club to DC Wednesday, who were formed after
the club formerly known as SWFC were demoted to the lowest step in the English
football ladder. The DC brand will overtake the Dubai/Saudi organisations in being the
world leader in international football. A 200,000 capacity stadium will be built in Sheffield
City Centre, Season Cars will average £10000 per season at the youngest level, filtering
towards the first ever £1,000,000 ST for support on the 97th level sitting zone. The two
Golden elephants will have been replaced by 80ft effigies of Lord Bannan VIII and King Erm Ist
sitting resplendently by the crystal chandeliers standing proudly in the Main Hall.

Vlydonimir's 45th grandchild will be the Manager and his first act will be to those players
who fail to join in the pre-match huddle will be publicly executed on the opening of
the Chanpagne Creche 1889.
The new stadium capacity of 200,000 seems oo, but what happens if they get to a play off semi and the other 200,000 turn up?

Did you watch them or were they before your time? The quality of the football on show from a team with a lot of outstanding players was incredible. Bassett produced effective, exciting up and at em teams, Warnock gave us some cracking experiences and Wilder was wonderful before he fell of a cliffe but for me, pound for pound the team of the early 70s takes the gold medal.
It’s my unpopular opinion - that’s the point of the thread isn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom