Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That against Wolves we were poor and it was Wolves standards that dropped that allowed us into the game that has saved Hecky his job.

We were really poor 1st half regards having any attacking threat but gave decent/ acceptable effort. Wolves were starting to control the game towards the end of that half and should have been 1-0 up at half time.

However 2nd half think we shocked them because we raised our standard to alright but what made us win was the fantastic effort and will to win.

That character and effort has been missing all season. Don’t mind us losing, don’t mind if we’re relegated but we need a few bad losers around the club, more like Baldock, who if we’re relegated then we go down fighting.

Last edited:
We were really poor 1st half regards having any attacking threat but gave decent/ acceptable effort. Wolves were starting to control the game towards the end of that half and should have been 1-0 up at half time.

However 2nd half think we shocked them because we raised our standard to alright but what made us win was the fantastic effort and will to win.

That character and effort has been missing all season. Don’t mind us losing, don’t mind if we’re relegated but we need a few bad losers around the club, more like Baldock, who if we’re relegated then we go down fighting.
We won due to a dodgy penalty mate 😂

A bit one eyed that view. I wish I could ignore stuff that doesn’t suit my narrative too.
I’ve heaped praise on Hecky for that second half. Standard has now been set. Now we play like that Sunday for 90 minutes against a strong Brighton side that have played on a Thursday away carrying injuries too.

Let’s be stubborn and run around and get the best out of our players.

Ramsdale gets too much stick for the way he left - but not enough stick for how awful he was when playing for us.

A big part of why we went down, in those crucial early games where margins were tight. Not just his direct mistakes leading to goals but the way he transmitted shakiness and fear into our back line and the rest of the team. A big factor in why Egan’s performances collapsed too, imo.

On the move to Arsenal, it was a career changing deal he was incredibly lucky to get and we had no business standing in his way. Can understand why he’d stamp his feet and make 100% sure it went through - it probably wouldn’t have come round again.

On the move to Arsenal, it was a career changing deal he was incredibly lucky to get and we had no business standing in his way. Can understand why he’d stamp his feet and make 100% sure it went through - it probably wouldn’t have come round again.
Pretty sure that's not how it went down and also even if the 'deal of a lifetime' came his way he was still under contract to United who had payed money we really couldn't afford for him. Opportunities come in life you do not automatically get them because it's good for you; this wasn't just good for Ramsdale it was detrimental for United.

People complaining about bladey bladeness aren’t saying that any prior connection to SUFC is an immediate disqualification from consideration.

The way our fans and club do not embrace cup competitions. Look to me football is a lot about momentum/confidence.

I dont care if it is the League Cup or Full Members, Tinpot or whatever they call it, can we for once win a fucking cup competition to which other league clubs play in.

Crikey nearly every bloody club in the country has won some cup competition since WWII except us. It is a disgrace.

The excuse is always the same 'oh its a tinpot competition blah de blah'. Well so what ! It would be great to see us WIN at Wembley. Been waiting since the mid 1960's.

It also to my mind builds a winning mentality something we dont seem to have had for years

The vast majority of good things to happen at SUFC post Bassett involve Bladey Bladeness. The biggest failures being high profile anti Bladey Blades Robson, Slav, Weir and Adkins.

United's involvement in the non British based transfer market often ends in disaster.

The way our fans and club do not embrace cup competitions. Look to me football is a lot about momentum/confidence.

I dont care if it is the League Cup or Full Members, Tinpot or whatever they call it, can we for once win a fucking cup competition to which other league clubs play in.

Crikey nearly every bloody club in the country has won some cup competition since WWII except us. It is a disgrace.

The excuse is always the same 'oh its a tinpot competition blah de blah'. Well so what ! It would be great to see us WIN at Wembley. Been waiting since the mid 1960's.

It also to my mind builds a winning mentality something we dont seem to have had for years

Without actually looking into it, I'd argue that we've got a better record in the cups than a lot of clubs over the last 20 years or so.

The days of smaller clubs winning cup competitions is over. Wigan and Swansea were the last and they were both over 10 years ago.

I don't think this current team is much worse than the 2019/2020 team or is equal to them.

The main difference being the considerable rise in standards in the PL since then.

I don't think this current team is much worse than the 2019/2020 team or is equal to them.

The main difference being the considerable rise in standards in the PL since then.
On paper we actually have better players now! That team included players like Ampadu, Bryan, Lundstram and Burke starting most weeks.

Back
Top Bottom