Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think we were as good in the halcyon days of Currie and Woodward as people make out. We were at best a decent midtable Division 1 side that on their day were capable of beating anyone in the league but equally capable of losing to anyone as shown by our dire record in the Cups in that era. We still didn't win anything of any note apart from the Watney Cup.

We didn’t even win that. We lost…….to Bristol Rovers.

i joined in on nicks on Twitter that he mentioned on here yesterday, before we pointed him over here

& it actually its the same as FMBlade1 who started this 58 pages ago, but i always thought Kevin Blackwell did quite well at sheffield united,
2007/08 - rescued the club after the terrible Robson reign bring us from 16th 7pts of the drop to 9th 6 pts of the playoffs in 14 games

2008/09 - finished 3rd & got to a play off final, all despite McCabe typically selling our top scorer James Beattie in January

2009/10 - finished 8th the next season, 5 pts off the playoffs, would be in there but we only 1 win in 9 in the run in

is the issue with blackwell that his success & reign is overlooked, because of how badly he treat players horribly & football wasnt attractive. because of his record, he shouldnt lumped in with Bryan Robson, Gary Speed, Micky Adams, Nigel Adkins or even Slavisa Jokanovic

Last edited:
i joined in on nicks on Twitter that he mentioned on here yesterday, before we pointed him over here

& it actually its the same as FMBlade1 who started this 58 pages ago, but i always thought Kevin Blackwell did quite well at sheffield united,
2007/08 - rescued the club after the terrible Robson reign bring us from 16th 7pts of the drop to 9th 6 pts of the playoffs in 14 games

2008/09 - finished 3rd & got to a play off final, all despite McCabe typically selling our top scorer James Beattie in January

2009/10 - finished 8th the next season, 5 pts off the playoffs, would be in there but we only 1 win in 9 in the run in

is the issue with blackwell that his success & reign is overlooked, because of how badly he treat players horribly & football wasnt attractive. because of his record, he shouldnt lumped in with Bryan Robson, Gary Speed, Micky Adams, Nigel Adkins or even Slavisa Jokanovic
On paper it doesn't look bad but imo we underachieved every year apart from when he first came in. When he took over from Robson he played a less direct style, after that he made talent redundant. This is the fella who played Greg Halford as a lone striker for many games. He essentially swapped hulse for Henderson because morgs said he was the toughest scrap.

Then be financially fucked and be heading down to L1 season after with no players.

What makes you have this opinion?

Ok this isn't the place for discussion but as its my thread I'll make an exception:

When I posted this I thought that the losers of the final qualify for the Europa League, which I really wanted to see us play in for prestige and for the fun of the away days. As that is no longer the case I retract that!

Ok this isn't the place for discussion but as its my thread I'll make an exception:

When I posted this I thought that the losers of the final qualify for the Europa League, which I really wanted to see us play in for prestige and for the fun of the away days. As that is no longer the case I retract that!
That’s why I was so gutted to lose to Hull!

Fair enough bud. We've got a better chance of getting to a FA cup final if we're an established PL club with no worries.

I'd like United to rejuvenate the 1980/1981 'Ajax' style shirt for next season,
and the away jersey to be white and green horizontal stripes. Both will be
sell out jerseys before they've even hit the Superstore.
" Horizontal stripes"are called hoops

Add to this my unpopular opinion that he was the real brains behind the achievements of Warnock's era

Flip side of this is Speed is revered by everyone despite having a worse record than Blackwell. Plus he fucked off mid-season to take the Wales job.

Flip side of this is Speed is revered by everyone despite having a worse record than Blackwell. Plus he fucked off mid-season to take the Wales job.
yeah it is surprising how a style of football is remembered more than results.

" Horizontal stripes"are called hoops
48461865424011a0a26ac982fe501559--what-s-lisbon.jpg

As if I were to suggest United play in these horizontal stripes...

;););)

It has been a great season. Heckingbottom has done a good, not great, job.
Very weak division, really poor opposition.
Even then we have to rely entirely on Ndiaye and McAtee for any fkair.
I have no time for Berge or Norwood at all.
Bores me to tears, Norwood.

The pricks setting off flares, spoilt it for everyone by chocking everybody to death. Don't get me going about the overpowering shit music bellowing out all the way to the town hall .

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. But I hate when teams get promoted, all over Sky it’s “We stepped up.” That sounds so patronising. “We’re going up” is a lot better. That sounds like an achievement.

Sorry but I really have to get that off my chest.

Think it's just SkyBey trying to get a hashtag mentioned as much as possible. Shitty marketing gimmick rather than trying to replace the phrase 'going up'.

Agree that it's a naff phrase though. 'Step up' sounds terribly Americanised.

The one I get the most flack for is my assertion that the 1989/91 away kit was fucking shite.

And it spawned countless more luminous radioactive yellow ones that were even more fucking shite.
I can see why you get stick for that in fairness! From now on I'd not share that again! ;) 😄

My biggest gripe is the number of ‘entitled’ so called fans, who believe that we ‘must’ buy a dozen players every transfer window, regardless of the cost.

This club bought one player in a full season that saw us achieve automatic promotion quite comfortably. The last thing we need now is greater debt, and future financial liabilities.

Back
Top Bottom