Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

it was an embarrassing interview by Billy after we sneaked past a non league team…ready for the pelters :)
I keep looking for this interview can't find it! Only thing he's guilty of in the interviews i have seen is not giving the compulsory rimming of a movie star and a shithole town in Wales.

it was an embarrassing interview by Billy after we sneaked past a non league team…ready for the pelters
:)

We absolutely kerb-stomped the twats, the goals just happened to be at the end. There was no snuck about it.

Those classless bellends were giving it large all week and could handle a bit back, that's all there is to it.

linked to a comment on another thread, I never thought Mark Duffy was a great player. He did score a great goal against our porcine neighbours but apart from that he just ran around a lot and was mainly about energy. It doesn’t surprise me his career was mostly in lower leagues.
Criticising the scorer of one of most iconic goals and the creative lynchpin of one of our best ever teams?

Definitely in the correct thread :)

it was an embarrassing interview by Billy after we sneaked past a non league team…ready for the pelters :)
As my mate says, “if tha’s gonna gi it art, tha’s gorra tek it.”

They can’t handle it because they live in a bubble where they win virtually every week and many of their players sit on inflated salaries to sacrifice their ambitions by playing at a lower level.

When you draw the second team in the championship, as if, AS IF, you post a picture about Spurs. They deserved what they got and a lot more. I love the theatre of it all and Billy’s the villain.

As my mate says, “if tha’s gonna gi it art, tha’s gorra tek it.”

They can’t handle it because they live in a bubble where they win virtually every week and many of their players sit on inflated salaries to sacrifice their ambitions by playing at a lower level.

When you draw the second team in the championship, as if, AS IF, you post a picture about Spurs. They deserved what they got and a lot more. I love the theatre of it all and Billy’s the villain.
I agree they were classless but Billy didn't have to say anything. We'd done the talking on the pitch.

Recent opinion. Some of our fans being hypocritical in calling league 1 a "pub league" now Wednesday are doing well despite our fans being unhappy with the same criticism when we won L1. Short term memory loss
I believe we are being ironic, as to quote a seven year old, "They started it". Back when we were struggling in League 1, our neighbours were routinely calling it the pub league, therefore now the boot is firmly on the other foot...

Chris Wilders signings are the bedrock of this promotion team.
I don't think that's unpopular, or even in dispute is it?

I suppose the caveat to that would be the semantic difference between 'Chris Wilder's signings are the bedrock of this promotion team' and 'The bedrock of this promotion team are all Chris Wilder signings'.

Do you have a Blades related unpopular opinion?

Something that only you believe and when you've voiced your opinion everybody has looked at you like you've got 2 heads.

I thought it might be an interesting and fun topic to chat about to lighten the mood a bit before a must win game.

We got a whole heap of shitty opinions but mine is I quite like FallowfieldBlade and think he's a genius WUM

I don't think we were as good in the halcyon days of Currie and Woodward as people make out. We were at best a decent midtable Division 1 side that on their day were capable of beating anyone in the league but equally capable of losing to anyone as shown by our dire record in the Cups in that era. We still didn't win anything of any note apart from the Watney Cup.

The one I get the most flack for is my assertion that the 1989/91 away kit was fucking shite.

And it spawned countless more luminous radioactive yellow ones that were even more fucking shite.

Do you have a Blades related unpopular opinion?

Something that only you believe and when you've voiced your opinion everybody has looked at you like you've got 2 heads.

I thought it might be an interesting and fun topic to chat about to lighten the mood a bit before a must win game.
Yeah, 58 pages worth of them elsewhere on the forum

The one I get the most flack for is my assertion that the 1989/91 away kit was fucking shite.

And it spawned countless more luminous radioactive yellow ones that were even more fucking shite.

The original radioactive one is the best. Every shirt since has not been up to standard.

Back
Top Bottom