Colours & colour blindness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If this is a stupid question be gentle.

Is there a universal shade of colour that stands out to people who are colour blind? Just thinking if the club could put a small patch somewhere on the kit that shows colour blind blades who the blades on the pitch are

If this is a stupid question be gentle.

Is there a universal shade of colour that stands out to people who are colour blind? Just thinking if the club could put a small patch somewhere on the kit that shows colour blind blades who the blades on the pitch are
It doesn’t have to be that complicated. The clubs just need to look at the shirts that teams are going to wear for home/ away kits and look at them when teams play each other…

If we’re playing in red/ white shirts at home with black shorts, then a side coming with a dark green/ black/ blue away kit won’t work, especially if they have dark shorts on

A simple solution in the 3 kit world we live in would be to have kits which contrast - a black and a yellow for United would work

It doesn’t have to be that complicated. The clubs just need to look at the shirts that teams are going to wear for home/ away kits and look at them when teams play each other…

If we’re playing in red/ white shirts at home with black shorts, then a side coming with a dark green/ black/ blue away kit won’t work, especially if they have dark shorts on

A simple solution in the 3 kit world we live in would be to have kits which contrast - a black and a yellow for United would work
Ahh I see have to say I love a yellow kit

Just seen this on Twitter, not sure if colour blind people would class themselves as disabled, but might be somewhere to highlight the problems?

Edit, colour blindness is specifically mentioned.

Just seen this on Twitter, not sure if colour blind people would class themselves as disabled, but might be somewhere to highlight the problems?

Edit, colour blindness is specifically mentioned.

I'm colourblind (orange/green).

It doesn't get me a blue badge or any discounts, so it's hardly worth calling it a disability really.

Jesus this Southampton v Man City game looks awful and I'm not even colour blind, at least I can work out that City are the team with the ball

Had to look very closely. Sure,y Man City could have worn their home shirt

Missed the game last night and just watching MOTD now…

Red and white stripes v green and white stripes!!!

WTF!!!
Saw a tweet before the game saying that was no combo of our home and any (!) of their kits that would have worked. Crazy. And that green kit is an abomination anyway!

Saw a tweet before the game saying that was no combo of our home and any (!) of their kits that would have worked. Crazy. And that green kit is an abomination anyway!
They played in all white against Burnley.

Red n White stripes does not clash with all white. Especially this current kit - solid red sleeves, mainly red with 2 white stripes

Reyt joke

It did occur to me that this thread might get bumped while watching yesterday, which I guess is good for awareness of the issues? I don't get why Man U couldn't wear either their home or third kit, either would have been better I'd have thought

The choice of colours was shambolic last night. Watching the highlights back it was worse on TV than it was in person - I didn't actually suffer too much whilst at the match. Some will have really struggled regardless.

One thing that makes colour clashes worse is rapid movement. To anyone who is colour blind it looks even worse during play than just looking at static pictures of the kits.

You could of course argue that none of our players are 'rapid'.... but the point still stands.

Yesterday at Leyton Orient v Barnsley, the home side wore their
away strip. Barnsley's away strip hasn't arrived since they lost them all
in the bus fire the week ago. Yesterday, taking into account the issues
brought up on this forum, United (not Manchester) could have worn
the yellow strip? Perhaps the club should be notified by people for future
reference?

Yesterday at Leyton Orient v Barnsley, the home side wore their
away strip. Barnsley's away strip hasn't arrived since they lost them all
in the bus fire the week ago. Yesterday, taking into account the issues
brought up on this forum, United (not Manchester) could have worn
the yellow strip? Perhaps the club should be notified by people for future
reference?
The club have been told about this on MANY occasions by MANY people (including me) over a LONG period of time.

The "inclusivity manager" (I may have got the title slightly wrong) also had a meeting with Colour Blind Awareness a couple of years ago.

Nothing ever changes.

Now, I don't suffer from any colour "blindness' or other colour distinguishing situation but having just watched the lowlights of our game at Arsenal why did we play against a team who wear red with lots of white in a very light grey kit with red socks? When we have an all yellow away kit. Who decides this stuff? Did it affect those members on here who struggle with colour differentiation?

I am colour blind and this wasn’t great for me, but not too bad. Yellow would have been perfect though.

The decision is almost certainly commercial. Was this our first league game wearing this kit? They needed to get it on show.

Back
Top Bottom