Colours & colour blindness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Speaking as a man so colourblind I can't see a single number on the ishirara test, I will give this one a pass because it was light against dark

I am colour blind and this wasn’t great for me, but not too bad. Yellow would have been perfect though.

The decision is almost certainly commercial. Was this our first league game wearing this kit? They needed to get it on show.
Yes. Another bizarre move by the board

I am colour blind and this wasn’t great for me, but not too bad. Yellow would have been perfect though.

The decision is almost certainly commercial. Was this our first league game wearing this kit? They needed to get it on show.
Of course they do ...but against a team that wears red and white? It's fucking obvious isn't it? Wear yellow.
Use this stupid commercial 3rd kit bullshit against Wolves or summat, where it doesn't interfere.

Sunderland v Newcastle. Both in home kits. Only difference is Newcastle in white shorts, S’land in black and they also have more white on their shoulders/ sleeves.

When we played Newcastle they were in their away kit

Not sure how Newcastle managed to stay in their home kit for this one, it’s terrible to watch

Sunderland v Newcastle. Both in home kits. Only difference is Newcastle in white shorts, S’land in black and they also have more white on their shoulders/ sleeves.

Not sure how Newcastle managed to stay in their home kit for this one, it’s terrible to watch
Without wanting to be contrary, it’s good to see both teams in a significant derby wearing their true colours.

Didn’t United and Wednesday both wear home kits in the Wembley semi final? Don’t remember feeling there was a colour clash that day, but I am struggling with this match.
For me, it’s specifically watching games on TV where I struggle. It’s easier in the ground

Amazing all those deluded egos can be contained in one stadium.

To be fair when it was close up, as in player level it was very easy to tell the difference, turn the contrast up on your tv if you're struggling or just pay attention to the shorts. Can see exactly why they wanted to be in the home shirt just like the bouncing day, makes for great pics when you batter them

I agree. I’m red/green color blind and it was almost impossible to tell the difference.
Required a huge degree of concentration that I no longer possess.
I’m sure football is run by people without any handicaps apart from the mental sort..

To be fair when it was close up, as in player level it was very easy to tell the difference, turn the contrast up on your tv if you're struggling or just pay attention to the shorts. Can see exactly why they wanted to be in the home shirt just like the bouncing day, makes for great pics when you batter them
Loads of reasons
It's supposed to be a spectator sport, where you can glance around and know what's what, not look at shorts.
With all the emphasis that's put on other issues, I can't believe that making it difficult for a large number of people to see what's happening isn't being talked about more.

My husband , whose red/ green colour blind also had a problem with the Sunderland Newcastle game. It wasn’t until he saw a close up of one player that he could differentiate between the two teams.

Back
Top Bottom