Chris Wilder and Sunderland

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I apologise for making you yawn but as I wrote in the introduction, I have just seen the news.
OK, no worries but after you just saw the news did you not also see the other threads on this before you started yours?

Apparently Moyes left cos he was shocked at how little cash he was getting for transfers.

Add in a bunch of Wednedayesque overpaid under performing clowns....

They're absolutely crying out for a Madkins and Bryan Robson joint managerial appointment

I hope by the end of the season that clubs are queueing up to make offers for Wilder and our players as well.

It simply doesn't happen when you're crap and unsuccessful.

In the meantime, enjoy the panic atta

I have just read that Paddy Power make Chris Wilder the 5/1 favourite to take over at Sunderland!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/2...ited-boss-chris-wilder-favourite-to/page/1-2/

There's more chance that you're from Moscow than there is that Wilder is going to Sunderland.

At the moment there's only us and Northampton fans that rate Wilder.
He's NEVER managed in the Championship and has spend almost his whole career in the non league and la bit in league 2. He won the league with us but outside Sheffield it's not seen as that much of an achievement, outsiders think we have then biggest budget and any half competent manager would get us promoted.

I have family that live at Durham, they laughed at the thought of having Wilder and said their fans would riot and never accept it because they have more ambition than to get a manager from the lower leagues. Sunderland have PL money. So why would they choose a manager with no relevant experience in the higher leagues?

In the early days the bookies just want to create interest, so they put any names forward that are interesting or possibilities. Surprised Di Caneo or Sven Gorman Ericsson aren't on the list.

Wilder will need to get promoted with us to the PL before big clubs show any interest.

Note: Thst link was 2 days ago. Just checked with the Skybet site and they currently have Wilder as 50th favourite, so they believe 49 other managers have a better chance of going to Sunderland.

Last edited:
OK, no worries but after you just saw the news did you not also see the other threads on this before you started yours?
No I didn't see any other thread or I would not have started this one. I am not so stupid as that knowing abuse would be hurled in my direction! I was watching the boring Man Utd/Ajax match and was scrolling through the 'latest' football news and I came across this article. I had not seen anything previously written and as I am not currently living in the UK I don't see the British press on a regular basis so I posted it in good faith, but obviously it was old news which I was not aware of! I will return to being a reader not a poster - it is safer!

No I didn't see any other thread or I would not have started this one. I am not so stupid as that knowing abuse would be hurled in my direction! I was watching the boring Man Utd/Ajax match and was scrolling through the 'latest' football news and I came across this article. I had not seen anything previously written and as I am not currently living in the UK I don't see the British press on a regular basis so I posted it in good faith, but obviously it was old news which I was not aware of! I will return to being a reader not a poster - it is safer!

Don't let it put you off posting, we all make mistakes, it's not a big deal.
I don't anyone looks at the British press these days, I've not bought a newspaper for many years.
The best way to gain news is often by googling "Forum Sunderland Wilder".
Fans on the Sunderland forum generally know all the rumours about who's going there.
In fact I believe that some investigative journalists appear to just read fan forums for their news.

It does raise the question though.

Outside of Sheffield how highly rated is Wilder and is he in demand in the Championship?

I believe he's rated by knowledgable people within the game but regards your ordinary football fan
the answer appears to be "no he's not rated yet" and "he's not in demand for any good jobs".
He's still a bit of a secret in the football world, next year he has an opportunity to raise his stock.

In fact there's a national lack of respect towards league 1 and league 2.
Any success in those leagues simply doesn't register nationally.
So until Wilder does something in the Championship he has no real reputation yet.

He'd have more chance if he was called Hristov Wilderinio and was currently managing Torino B than he has now.

Yeh the trend amongst the top clubs seems to be
1: Big name player, someone like Ryan Giggs. Great players instantly command respect in the changing room.
2: Former player, always keeps the fans on side and retains fan enthusiasm.
3: Unknown foreign manager, foreign managers come from a culture of being coaches rather than managers.
So they accept interference from the Chairman. directors of football or transfer committees.

give over! If you can handle living in Moscow you're hardly going to be bothered about "safer" ;) ( I know someone who's moved out there)

Drove past me on Hanover Way yesterday did our Christopher in his Merc.

With those alloys I don't see how we can afford to keep him.

Drove past me on Hanover Way yesterday did our Christopher in his Merc.

You'd go that way to pick up the A61, past the Pig then up the M1/A1 to Sunderland and sign on the dotted line.

Or you might turn left onto Glossop Road and go to your new rented house in Fulwood........

The great thing is that som many of our Championship rivals are in total disarray:

Leeds - no manager, a new chairman who will be inheriting the mess from Cellino.
Sunderland - No mamager, no where near set up for the Championship. Bit like last seasons Villa but they had some decent players and they spent more than Sunderland will.
Boro - Still searching for a manager despite having a caretaker in charge for months. Will lose their best players and have big expectations to get back up.
Hull - Similar to Sunderland but have more quality. Probably about to lose their manager!
Pigs - Have a manager who can't get them promoted despite spending over £30 on a squad. Their best players are, bar Bannan, the freebies that he inherited. He's tactically inept and is going to get fried by Wilders red n white army next season!

The great thing is that som many of our Championship rivals are in total disarray:

Leeds - no manager, a new chairman who will be inheriting the mess from Cellino.
Sunderland - No mamager, no where near set up for the Championship. Bit like last seasons Villa but they had some decent players and they spent more than Sunderland will.
Boro - Still searching for a manager despite having a caretaker in charge for months. Will lose their best players and have big expectations to get back up.
Hull - Similar to Sunderland but have more quality. Probably about to lose their manager!
Pigs - Have a manager who can't get them promoted despite spending over £30 on a squad. Their best players are, bar Bannan, the freebies that he inherited. He's tactically inept and is going to get fried by Wilders red n white army next season!

They spent over £30? ;)

A mamager would probably do much better than a manager for Sunderland

You'd go that way to pick up the A61, past the Pig then up the M1/A1 to Sunderland and sign on the dotted line.

Or you might turn left onto Glossop Road and go to your new rented house in Fulwood........

Doing neither mate. Heading towards bottom of Eccy Road.

Probably to Waitrose for more Peroni ;)

Back
Top Bottom