Pre-Season 2023/24 Chesterfield v. Sheffield United - 15th July 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Berge looks to have lost a few pounds or was it the kit? He also seemed really fit and it was very easy for him to get around, good signs for this season.
I thought that when he turned up after International duty but for a lad of his size it's unnerving to see him that thin.

I thought that when he turned up after International duty but for a lad of his size it's unnerving to see him that thin.
Yeah I wasnā€™t sure if it was the kit being abit loose but he does look a lot leaner

Grew into the game Marsh, looked tidy towards the end. Trialist not bad either, decent feet and looks a strong lad.
I thought the trialist looked a bit of a bombscare, very nervous on the ball and scared against non-league opponents. Compared to Basham who just waited for them to trip up and stole the ball off them it was chalk and cheese.

First half team was a bit shit and sluggish, Osula needs shooting practice, Norwood and Fleck didnā€™t dominate at all against poor players. Lefty at RWB didnā€™t work. Lowe was poor.

2nd half much better with McB, Ili, Berge, Robinson and Anel. Osborn looked much better than their players, like Fleck and Norwood should really. Bit more attacking intent.

Chez are shite, absolutely torrid shite but itā€™s minutes for players. Interesting to see that we insisted on using PL matchballs, the one first half was flat though!

I thought the trialist looked a bit of a bombscare, very nervous on the ball and scared against non-league opponents. Compared to Basham who just waited for them to trip up and stole the ball off them it was chalk and cheese.

First half team was a bit shit and sluggish, Osula needs shooting practice, Norwood and Fleck didnā€™t dominate at all against poor players. Lefty at RWB didnā€™t work. Lowe was poor.

2nd half much better with McB, Ili, Berge, Robinson and Anel. Osborn looked much better than their players, like Fleck and Norwood should really. Bit more attacking intent.

Chez are shite, absolutely torrid shite but itā€™s minutes for players. Interesting to see that we insisted on using PL matchballs, the one first half was flat though!
Wasn't Seriki at RWB? He's a righty.

Agree that Norwood and Fleck looked off it, it's what pre season is for though I suppose.

It was good to have football back, after what seems a very long time (but isn't). Given it was the first pre-season match, I do not think that we can draw any strong conclusions about anybody. However, having said that, Berg did look sharp, as did Anel. Ili was Ili (he is by far the best player I have ever seen in a Sheff Utd shirt) ... and Fleck was Fleck (making a lot of errors). But as I say, it is too early to make any strong conclusions.

Liked the look of some of the younger lads. Felt for Osula, he really needs a loan and to be first choice, I think he tried too hard to impress. Brooks and Seriki worked ok down the right. Sachdev looks like a modern RB, think again needs a loan to L2 or L1.

View attachment 164786 vs. View attachment 164787

Preseason Friendly - Saturday 15th July 2023 - 15:00

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

View attachment 164788

šŸ“ŗ
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2023/july/15/chesterfield-vs-sheffield-united/
Interesting programme design. Folded out like a map. Not great when the wind got up!

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_173856.jpg
    IMG_20230715_173856.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
Really enjoyed it today. Very relaxed, enjoyable pre-season game. Was surprised at the turn out tbh. 4500 for a friendly is great regardless of any factor.
I would say though that (tongue in cheek) I'm reserving any comment on our attendance compared to there's for away games.

Really enjoyed it today. Very relaxed, enjoyable pre-season game. Was surprised at the turn out tbh. 4500 for a friendly is great regardless of any factor.
I would say though that (tongue in cheek) I'm reserving any comment on our attendance compared to there's for away games.

It's ok you are safe, we will be visiting different grounds to them next season

I thought we were very average like most games last year apart from a bit of Ndiaye magic. Donā€™t take too much consideration into pre season though. Itā€™s about players gaining fitness.

Brooks was RCM, Seriki RWB. In theory it could work with a left footer cutting in from RCM, opening up space for Seriki to run into, but we struggled a bit down that side first half.
They didnā€™t work well together as a pair, the whole team looked imbalanced and fairly weak first half, much stronger 2nd half.

Shout-out for Neal who thought looked very composed and tidy on the ball.

One of the few youngsters who I think could actually make it at Sheffield United eventually.

Back
Top Bottom