Pre-Season 2023/24 Chesterfield v. Sheffield United - 15th July 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grew into the game Marsh, looked tidy towards the end. Trialist not bad either, decent feet and looks a strong lad.

Osula could (and probably should) have a hat trick.

Fleck for someone who normally takes a while to get up to speed looked sharp.

Lowe looks fit and injury free.

Bash and Egan looked comfortable.

And marsh looked tidy on the ball.

Francis I don't think we should sign and Brooks and Seriki look like need loans.

First half thoughts.

Osula great pace but lack of composure when it comes to finishing should have had a hat trick.
Young Marsh's hold up play is very good.
Francis a bit of a unit at LCB out of position a few times but reasonable 45 minutes.
Felt sorry for Brookes played out of position on the right didn't work for him.
Defence fell asleep a few times from corners otherwise untroubled.

Sounds like Osula is lively and getting into positions, which is good to see, you can learn finishing but a lot of getting into the spots in the first place is harder
He’s got everything you’d want in a striker, but he’s snatching at the finishes, I think the more game time he gets he will learn to relax in front of goal.. if he can start finishing he has everything else.

First half thoughts.

Osula great pace but lack of composure when it comes to finishing should have had a hat trick.
Young Marsh's hold up play is very good.
Francis a bit of a unit at LCB out of position a few times but reasonable 45 minutes.
Felt sorry for Brookes played out of position on the right didn't work for him.
Defence fell asleep a few times from corners otherwise untroubled.
Osula and Jebbo are similar, loads of power, pace and skill but lack composure when finishing.

Osula really needs to work on his finishing. Marsh looked tidy. 2nd half should see more of the proper 1st team I don't see McB and Illy missing chances like we did 1st half.

Thanks jono_t2000 and Addison I'm really interested in opinions on players no matter how much they vary from each other.

Osula could (and probably should) have a hat trick.

Fleck for someone who normally takes a while to get up to speed looked sharp.

Lowe looks fit and injury free.

Bash and Egan looked comfortable.

And marsh looked tidy on the ball.

Francis I don't think we should sign and Brooks and Seriki look like need loans.
After 15 mins of the second half it looks like Sachdev and Frecklington need loans.😏

That belongs to one player only - and as much as I like and admire IN - he is somewhat ,currently, a fair distance from being no talked about in the same breath

Imo - fwiw
Neither could do what the other could IMO.
Both worth the entrance fee alone.
Imagine them in the same team though !

Second half

Class was the difference when Berge, Ndiaye and McBurbnie came on.
Their goalkeeper kept them in it excellent save from Mcb header.
Davies made good save at the end but his distribution is still poor.
Frecklington looked composed at CB.
Sachdev struggled at times defending down the flanks and missed a sitter.

Overall a good fitness work out against a hardworking Chezzy team.

Berge looks to have lost a few pounds or was it the kit? He also seemed really fit and it was very easy for him to get around, good signs for this season.

I thought Sachdev looked good, defended well and good on the ball. Chance at the end was far from a sitter.

Back
Top Bottom