Pre-Season 2023/24 Chesterfield v. Sheffield United - 15th July 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was really frustrating to watch first half Osula should have had a hat trick and should have squared for a Brooks tap in.

I think Osula will need a loan and a regular run of games this season he needs to build his confidence, no doubt in my mind he has the ability and has a frightening turn of foot.

2nd Half class told and could have been at least 4-0 all in all a comfortable game and an easy win.

ive seen many pre season friendlies but that was my 1st away one, & it was very entertaining way to spend a Saturday afternoon, its been a while, nice to be back & of course great to see us win. even if i think i the spells of sunshine & torrential rain sent us a bit loopy at times. ive never been so glad to be sat on row O. & being able laugh at utd fans doing a mass evacuation of their seats towards the end because of 1 of many bands of heavy rain 😄

enjoyed that half, we should have been leading at half time had some terrific chances. particularly osula been great, loved him running at opposition defenders at pace. because outside out of ndiaye we rarely see it. i can see why Asaba rates him so highly. a bit of composure in front of goal & he could be lethal. as 2 or 3 times he did the hard bit but just couldnt finish it

then 2nd half the quality told, cracking goal from ndiaye, just the confidence he had to round the keeper was never in doubt. he's too good to be also ran in Ligue 1. because if he has a good PL season, like we all know he can & he could have choice of top European clubs. then we just opened them up at will at times loved mcburnie unselfishly setting osborn up

I've not read the rest of this thread so apologies if this is repeated elsewhere but can I say in all seriousness what a poor player Osula appears to be. Dominated in the air and .missed 3 glorious chances when through one on one. We desperately need to sign a centre forward with pace and ability on top of a couple in midfield.

I've not read the rest of this thread so apologies if this is repeated elsewhere but can I say in all seriousness what a poor player Osula appears to be. Dominated in the air and .missed 3 glorious chances when through one on one. We desperately need to sign a centre forward with pace and ability on top of a couple in midfield.

Welcome Benie Traore 🔥

I can't really comment as I wasn't at the game but are you basing this on 45 minutes in a pre season friendly? Appears rapid and quite skilful from the bits I've seen. Maybe needs to work on his finishing but to call him a poor player for a 19 year old seems a bit harsh.

I can't really comment as I wasn't at the game but are you basing this on 45 minutes in a pre season friendly? Appears rapid and quite skilful from the bits I've seen. Maybe needs to work on his finishing but to call him a poor player for a 19 year old seems a bit harsh.
2 years ago RND was “NGE”. At the start of last season City had had our “pants down” with McAtee.
Has the forum found a new teenage scapegoat?

Only saw the highlights but I think people are being harsh on Osula
First chance - quick break, by the time he has support he's in a position to shoot but gets tackled.
Second chance - break from half way, he's forced out wide and has the option to shoot or try and find the man at the back post. Shoots but shot pushed away for a corner.
Third chance - ball played in to him, first time effort keeper saves. Had time to make the keeper work harder.
Fourth chance - intercepts the ball and runs 60 yards (no other United player with him) shoots wide as he is pressured.

Only saw the highlights but I think people are being harsh on Osula
First chance - quick break, by the time he has support he's in a position to shoot but gets tackled.
Second chance - break from half way, he's forced out wide and has the option to shoot or try and find the man at the back post. Shoots but shot pushed away for a corner.
Third chance - ball played in to him, first time effort keeper saves. Had time to make the keeper work harder.
Fourth chance - intercepts the ball and runs 60 yards (no other United player with him) shoots wide as he is pressured.
They're just the chances he missed. His hold up and link up play were atrocious. As a caveat, the lad that was marking him was a big unit but he's got to show more than he did.

In the SUTV interview when asked about missing players he only mentioned Jebbo and Baldock, said they’d both be back involved next week. Nothing on Bogle, Brewster, RND- dunno the 6th one?

Slimane but he's paperwork obviously.

They're just the chances he missed. His hold up and link up play were atrocious. As a caveat, the lad that was marking him was a big unit but he's got to show more than he did.
Fair enough on that then, when I watched him previously he only had one thought when he was around the box and that was that he was going to score, no thought that anybody could be better placed, that wasn't an issue yesterday with the chances as he was generally the only one at that end of the pitch. The highlights didn't show him losing the ball of course so I respect that you having seen the full game would have seen that.

Back
Top Bottom