Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1604585800720.png v.1604585807585.png
EPL Week 8 - Saturday 7th November 2020 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.516/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Video Assistant Referee: Kevin Friend
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 14.27.10.png

Not that long ago we were getting schooled at Bramall Lane by Southend....
Four short years later we are going head to head on a level Stamford Bridge playing field with Chelsea .........If your not looking forward to it I suggest following United may not be for you .

Looking forward to losing week in week out without reply! Can’t wait🤣🤣

3-0 the only positive being we actually get to see a shot on target

Four short years later we are going head to head on a level Stamford Bridge playing field with Chelsea .........If your not looking forward to it I suggest following United may not be for you .

I watch because I support United, I don’t get all giddy about them playing one of the big names.

I can’t get excited watching United when we’re playing negative football, can’t score and losing every week.

Hopefully we get the ball in their box at every opportunity. Hopefully. Baldock crosses the ball without having to work his way to the byline. Get it In The bloody box son! It’s the same on the left side cross the bloody ball

Hear hear!

Hoping for the Wilder v Frank battle to stay firmly with Wlder, however I can't see it. I'll also go 3-0 Chelsea but with us having 2 shots on target, 1 in each half.

Highlights and lowlights will be:

Lundstram to miss an easy chance and further his scapegoat credentials.
Brewster to have 19 touches, moving in the right direction.
McBurnie to win 25 aerial duels from goal kicks hoofed up to him but not look like scoring all game and get pelters on here afterwards.
Baldock to not cross it 15 times.
Norwood to hit the front defender from corners 3 times.
One of our defenders to gift them at least 1 goal.
One of their goals be just in that area where our fans can say "Hendo would have saved that, we've wasted £18m".
Berge to look by far our best player but our fans to say "we didn't need him, we should have bought [insert random European player name here] instead"
Sharp on for Basham at some point.
Us to not play with a '10' and the calls after the match for world beater Luke Freeman to come back and fill that role.

I think Chelsea will win 4-0.

(note to clappers, keyboard warriors, mouth frothers and knuckle draggers: try to keep calm. It's only an opinion, it's not designed to undermine the team or make them cry, I still hope we will win, I still want us to win, I don't want us to lose, you don't smell pork, I still think Chris Wilder is a good manager, and I still hope McBurnie wins more than his fair share of ariel duels)

Last edited:
We both look like different teams from last season, however, I feel FL is still as tactically inept, and we are still a solid and decent defending side, which is why I am going for a 0-0 bore draw

(note to clappers, keyboard warriors, mouth frothers and knuckle draggers: try to keep calm. It's only an opinion, it's not designed to undermine the team or make them cry, I still hope we will win, I still want us to win, I don't want us to lose, you don't smell pork, I still think Chris Wilder is a good manager, and I still hope McBurnie wins more than his fair share of ariel duels)
Ariel duals.

Don’t you just love em 😀👍.

😉

UTB

I'm calling it: 3-3, with 5 of the goals gifted by terrible defending howlers, and one worldie from outside the box - not sure for which side, Mrs Toast threw away my tea leaves before i got that part.

FOTH

😉

Picture the scene.

A packed BDTBL, eagerly awaits the start of today’s game in glorious Yorkshire sunshine.

Our first offensive push forwards ensues. Our Wing Bank puts a delicious diagonal ball high towards the head of our star CF, who rises majestically to WIN HIS ARIEL DUAL, with the opponents CB. The ball is directed towards the opponents other CB and arrives conveniently and easily at his feet.

Raucous applause and appreciation rings out from all 4 sides of the stadium.

This is, without doubt, what good looks like !

Welcome to BDTBL 😀.

UTB

Picture the scene.

A packed BDTBL, eagerly awaits the start of today’s game in glorious Yorkshire sunshine.

Our first offensive push forwards ensues. Our Wing Bank puts a delicious diagonal ball high towards the head of our star CF, who rises majestically to WIN HIS ARIEL DUAL, with the opponents CB. The ball is directed towards the opponents other CB and arrives conveniently and easily at his feet.

Raucous applause and appreciation rings out from all 4 sides of the stadium.

This is, without doubt, what good looks like !

Welcome to BDBL 😀.

UTB
It would be an improvement on one of the KO's we took recently where we went full Warnock and just kicked it out near to their LB.

Looking at how we've performed against Lampard teams over the last couple of seasons, I'm surprisingly optimistic about picking something up at The Bridge on Saturday.

Provided we can start putting some more quality balls into the box and stop pissing about with it on the edge of the area, I'd fancy McB to bag a couple off his bonce.

I'm doing my bit; all United players removed from FF team, 2 Chelsea players selected in defence. Ready.

I'd fancy McB to bag a couple off his bonce.
So you're expecting a sweet upturn in form for McB, I have him behind McG, Brewster and Sharp and I'm not convinced he's got much more in his locker than Burke at the moment but let's hope Saturday is the day.

So you're expecting a sweet upturn in form for McB, I have him behind McG, Brewster and Sharp and I'm not convinced he's got much more in his locker than Burke at the moment but let's hope Saturday is the day.
He is a much better player than his current form suggests. I don't think you can necessarily lay all of the blame at his door.

I also don't think it's fair compare him with our other strikers as they all offer something different. Sure he's not scored as of yet, but our other strikers are hardly earning their crust at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom