Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1604585800720.png v.1604585807585.png
EPL Week 8 - Saturday 7th November 2020 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.516/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Video Assistant Referee: Kevin Friend
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 14.27.10.png

If we beat these cunts our 'relegation season' is nothing and we'd be potentially out of the relegation zone immediately, having played City and Liverpool already.
I do like that name for Chelsea. 👍
I have demanded that we smash Fulham, so that will help you as well.
I'm not saying that we definitely will, mind...we are West Ham, after all...

Only Burke has the leg speed to make counter attacking work but his shooting is poor so would need to hold onto the ball until he is joined by other players. The rest of our team would arrive after most of the opposition so I can't see this working unless Burke can take the ball round the keeper and walk it into the net.
Pace and good counter attacking moves can create chaos and gaps, even if the opposition do get men back.

1604754674240.png

Just bit the bullet and bought a Now TV monthly pass for Sky. £5.99 for Sky Premier League Channel (mobile device only) so will cover Chelsea and West Ham matches.
Come on Blades!!

Don't fret, in this Division we like to give the others a start, our season never seems to begin till Christmas ....... ;) .

You can put as many quality crosses in to their box as you like today.

If its McBurine and Brewster up top today, then we ain’t scoring. Sorry.

Brewster might come good later on in the season. Might !!

UTB

You can put as many quality crosses in to their box as you like today.

If its McBurine and Brewster up top today, then we ain’t scoring. Sorry.

Brewster might come good later on in the season. Might !!

UTB
Maybe wait and see what actually happens?

Would’ve preferred Ozzy over Lunny but what can you do!
Happy to see Ollie and Didzy starting today... 3-1 Blades!

When we beat Chelsea 3-0 McBurnie and McGoldrick caused all kinds of trouble. Osborn was also in midfield.

I have no idea why Brewster is starting over McBurnie. He's certainly not been better than him in the two games they've played together. Happy to be proved wrong. Very happy. Also seems odd, given we keep losing the midfield battles, to start with Lunny ahead of someone more a, mobile and b, defensive.

I'm glad he's starting with McGoldrick though.

When we beat Chelsea 3-0 McBurnie and McGoldrick caused all kinds of trouble. Osborn was also in midfield.

I have no idea why Brewster is starting over McBurnie. He's certainly not been better than him in the two games they've played together. Happy to be proved wrong. Very happy. Also seems odd, given we keep losing the midfield battles, to start with Lunny ahead of someone more a, mobile and b, defensive.

I'm glad he's starting with McGoldrick though.
The official tweet says that mcburnie has been ill this week.

Just bit the bullet and bought a Now TV monthly pass for Sky. £5.99 for Sky Premier League Channel (mobile device only) so will cover Chelsea and West Ham matches.
Come on Blades!!
Think the last time I did that it was SD only and the picture quality was shite.

Picture the scene.

A packed BDTBL, eagerly awaits the start of today’s game in glorious Yorkshire sunshine.

Our first offensive push forwards ensues. Our Wing Bank puts a delicious diagonal ball high towards the head of our star CF, who rises majestically to WIN HIS ARIEL DUAL, with the opponents CB. The ball is directed towards the opponents other CB and arrives conveniently and easily at his feet.

Raucous applause and appreciation rings out from all 4 sides of the stadium.

This is, without doubt, what good looks like !

Welcome to BDTBL 😀.

UTB
Away :) ;)

We are invariably competitive and seldom get hammered, but I think we will get hammered today.

That line-up offers barely any threat to Chelsea - without Burke or Mousset we have nothing to concern the opposition defence - so their array of midfielders and attackers will be able to run riot. 4-0 home win.

A few teams have played 5-4-1 this season. Looks defensive, but can be an effective counter attacking formation, as shown by teams like Leicester and West Ham (Southampton last night was a slightly more attacking 3-4-3 variant of this). A four across midfield could make it easier to cope when play is switched. We could look for Burke when we break, and he could join up with McBurnie if we're building slower attacks, meaning it would become our usual formation.

View attachment 97247
definitely something we could try and be successful with. When Mousset is back I’d play this with Mousset upfront and Brewster on the left, it would give us a genuine counter attacking threat.

McBurnie will play much better coming on for 20 minutes rather than starting.
Still not sure about Brewster (being the best option) but I'm expecting much more involvement from him as he should be getting settled by now.
Other than that stand strong and hope for a bit more luck today.

Back
Top Bottom