Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1604585800720.png v.1604585807585.png
EPL Week 8 - Saturday 7th November 2020 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.516/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Video Assistant Referee: Kevin Friend
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 14.27.10.png

He is a much better player than his current form suggests. I don't think you can necessarily lay all of the blame at his door.
Agreed but I'd like to suggest (once again) to not keep starting him as it's not helping his game, early in the Man City game one of their players did a running block on him, could see his confidence slip away right then.
I also don't think it's fair compare him with our other strikers as they all offer something different.
2 goal attempts stick in my mind, header over the top v Wolves from about 5 yards and putting it wide v Liverpool, only effort he's had on target so far this season is the header off the line v Wolves. If he's not even hitting the target from close range there's no helping him till he gets his confidence back. We can't afford to play with a striker who isn't scoring unless he is setting up chances which for all his bustle just isn't happening.

Agreed but I'd like to suggest (once again) to not keep starting him as it's not helping his game, early in the Man City game one of their players did a running block on him, could see his confidence slip away right then.

2 goal attempts stick in my mind, header over the top v Wolves from about 5 yards and putting it wide v Liverpool, only effort he's had on target so far this season is the header off the line v Wolves. If he's not even hitting the target from close range there's no helping him till he gets his confidence back. We can't afford to play with a striker who isn't scoring unless he is setting up chances which for all his bustle just isn't happening.
Aerial duels.

End of 😉.

UTB

If setting up chances was the criteria for a decent performance we’d not have a team!

We're a bit of a bogey team for fat Frank. They're on form but who knows. Could desperately use a point.

I think we will win 1-0 and it will be a penalty.

Can't help thinking this one is going to be a thrashing.. Blades to have no shots on target would be a good bet if any bookies offer odds on it

I think Chelsea will win 4-0.

(note to clappers, keyboard warriors, mouth frothers and knuckle draggers: try to keep calm. It's only an opinion, it's not designed to undermine the team or make them cry, I still hope we will win, I still want us to win, I don't want us to lose, you don't smell pork, I still think Chris Wilder is a good manager, and I still hope McBurnie wins more than his fair share of ariel duels)

You've made Brewster cry now, poor lads sat sobbing his eyes out... I hope you're happy with yourself.

So after the relatively spineless defeat last week against Manchester City we face yet another tough game, today against Chelsea. To have so far come through these games without the goal difference taking a battering is at least one positive. Hope the footballing Gods didn't hear that...

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck and Mousset back in training but not ready yet...

Ampadu cannot play against parent club...

Norwood back in the side or Lundstram starting due to necessity..

Well last season we were expected to get a pasting in this fixture, and only 2 defensive errors were the cause of us conceding. Defensively we are not AS solid this season, but they were errors anyway. Problem is, can we score 1 never mind 2 as we did last season at Stamford Bridge...

We will see. 1 nil defeat :(

UTB

Wilder won't want to go toe to toe with a weakened line up including the error prone Robinson so it will be a dreary first half at least for us. After all the public criticism expect us to be firingin lots of easily defended diagonal crossess instead of having the patience to find the space for a more effective one. This run of hard fixtures has come at a bad time after a rotten bad luck start where we should have built points and confidence. I expect we will be going into the international break rock bottom with one point and with 2 weeks of fans in meltdown. A real low point in the last 4 years. Roll on a few more games Brewster is the new Messiah, Wilder is genius hewn from Northern rock and we are pushing up. I certainly bloody hope so.

Reactions: MKY
Right, I think it’s on today lads. I had a dream last night, Brewster scores with his left foot outside the box into the bottom right corner, fantastic goal. He wheels away to celebrate with his hands cupped to his ears The blades steal a win at Stamford Bridge

Right, I think it’s on today lads. I had a dream last night, Brewster scores with his left foot outside the box into the bottom right corner, fantastic goal. He wheels away to celebrate with his hands cupped to his ears The blades steal a win at Stamford Bridge

I bloody hope so

I expect a plucky but narrow defeat for the Blades.
But my expectations are usually wrong...

I'm just preying for crosses and shots today, it's the least the fans deserve, and the only way were going to get anything from the game.

Chelsea is still looking for the chemistry, although with Ziyech they have someone who's gonna give us a lot of trouble. I wouldn't rule out a 1-1, but it's probably gonna end up with us getting our ass kicked in the first half and then Chelsea taking it easy.

Let's hope ramsdale doesn't 'do a Henderson' and gift them a goal like the corresponding fixture last season

No question, tough game for you guys although it's a bonus if Pulisic misses it through injury & they did play on Wednesday, although they didn't have to travel.
Would be delighted to see you beat Lampard & Chelsea or at least get a point.
I do fear that you're saving your first win for your next game...
Best of luck today, Blades!

3-0 Chelsea, international break hopefully Fleck’s fit after that and Mouse isn’t too far away.

Cmon Blades. Time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and turn back into that dangerous resilient side that was only earlier this year.

Get a draw or win today and we have something to build on. Optimistic if not expectant. Cmon you red and white wizaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrdddddddsssssssssss

A few teams have played 5-4-1 this season. Looks defensive, but can be an effective counter attacking formation, as shown by teams like Leicester and West Ham (Southampton last night was a slightly more attacking 3-4-3 variant of this). A four across midfield could make it easier to cope when play is switched. We could look for Burke when we break, and he could join up with McBurnie if we're building slower attacks, meaning it would become our usual formation.

1604749709668.png

Only Burke has the leg speed to make counter attacking work but his shooting is poor so would need to hold onto the ball until he is joined by other players. The rest of our team would arrive after most of the opposition so I can't see this working unless Burke can take the ball round the keeper and walk it into the net.

Is that you Sharon?

Attachments

• 0_warnockbt.jpg
    0_warnockbt.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 3
What a difference a season can make. Last season we were not scared of anybody, this season we are scared of everybody.

I made a bet with a coworker who is a Chelsea fan.

If they win,I have to pressure wash his drive

If the Blades win,he has to clear the limbs out of my yard and take them to the sawmill.

In case of a draw,will buy each other a pint at a local steakhouse

Long story short, UTB.Need this 3 points and also I just fucking hate cleaning up limbs👍

I made a bet with a coworker who is a Chelsea fan.

If they win,I have to pressure wash his drive

If the Blades win,he has to clear the limbs out of my yard and take them to the sawmill.

In case of a draw,will buy each other a pint at a local steakhouse

Long story short, UTB.Need this 3 points and also I just fucking hate cleaning up limbs👍
What do you do with the rest of the corpse?

If we beat these cunts our 'relegation season' is nothing and we'd be potentially out of the relegation zone immediately, having played City and Liverpool already.

Back
Top Bottom