Ched to start on Saturday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And score the winner. YHIHF! He'll get a rapturous reception from the BDTBL faithful surely?

Brooksy as well to feature more heavily and set it up after coming off the bench.

Wizaaaaaaards.

UTB

Well i can see the logic of this, but problem is, if he doesnt perform or cant last past 60 mins having Leon coming off the bench doesnt fill me with confidence either. I hope Lavery is on the bench this week.

Last edited:
I think changes are inevitable and were alluded to by CW after Cardiff....he specifically said we looked better when Ched and Brooks came on but then also mentioned Duffy as well.

I think Ched and Brooks will start myself.

Why? If he does it'll be fantastic.

So we're relying on a striker who has been in prison for 30 months with injury problems who hasn't scored in the championship for years to score goals?

Smells like relegation to me, hope I'm proved wrong. If he fails then what else do we have up front?

So we're relying on a striker who has been in prison for 30 months with injury problems who hasn't scored in the championship for years to score goals?

Smells like relegation to me, hope I'm proved wrong. If he fails then what else do we have up front?
Hence why Wilder wants another striker.

Can't see Ched starting. Think Wilder will give Sharp and Clarke another go,maybe with Duffy instead of Carruthers although I very much like Samir's aggression and desire to get forward and link with the front 2 in dangerous positions. I would hope to see Lavery on the bench with Ched and Brooks. That's 3 attacking options, Lafferty and Eastwood along with Lunstrum and another defender,probably Brayford if Wright starts.
We are at home so should expect to see more of the ball. I think it's more about confidence and self belief at the moment. Hope the crowd plays a part and the players lift their game and get us back on track. A draw would not be a disaster. It would settle some nerves.We do need strengthening and as Wilder is clearly busting a gut to bring in what's needed we are almost in a limbo situation. I'm sure Wilder is using the likelihood of arrivals as an incentive for players to make the shirt hard to take from them.

I think changes are inevitable and were alluded to by CW after Cardiff....he specifically said we looked better when Ched and Brooks came on but then also mentioned Duffy as well.

I think Ched and Brooks will start myself.

I think so too. Basham replaces Stearman and frees up a space for Brooks. Evans replaces Clark or Sharp.

Hence why Wilder wants another striker.

I'm sure he does. I fear we won't get a decent one because 'they aren't at the right value for this football club' or if they are at decent value because 'they don't fit the English mentality of this football club'. Or we'll get the new Miles Twiss or John Cofie.

Don't get me wrong I think Evans should start and I'm sure Wilder/the board are sincere in trying but I'm a bit worried.

Well, there has to be changes, Stearman is injured. Wright for Stearman probably. As for the rest, it's up for grabs I think. I have a feeling there may be a surprise inclusion.

Well i can see the logic of this, but problem is, if he doesnt perform or cant last past 60 mins having Leon coming off the bench doesnt fill me with confidence either. I hope Lavery is on the bench this week.
Leon was better from the bench than the start for us last season, why do you think that's changed??

Leon was better from the bench than the start for us last season, why do you think that's changed??

I agree he did, and hope he does well, but we are playing in the championship now.

The team needs freshening up, of that there is no doubt. It's the wing backs worrying me. If they don't perform then it also leaves the back three exposed and they in turn are made to look poor. Steven's was OKish v Brentford, thats all. Freeman has been, well, shite. I expect these two to be on the bench v Barnsley and Clarke as well as he looks to be a bit of a plodder in this league.

Hes unlikely to drop the captain.

I suspect you're right. But of the two, Clark has contributed more than Billy in the games I've seen so far this season. I think Billy needs to have a bigger impact on the game than he's done in the last couple of games, or he'll be off after an hour.

How long is Baldock out for? Freeman has been poor so far, with no obvious replacement (don't say Brayford...).

The wingbacks are clearly adjusting to a higher standard of opposition. They had time and space in abundance last season to attack at will as we enjoyed so much domination. Brentford,Boro and Cardiff have given them none of that so they are ineffective going forward,and as we all know,defending isn't Freemans forte. I would leave them in tomorrow as I think they'll have more forward going involvement.

Can't see Ched starting. Think Wilder will give Sharp and Clarke another go,maybe with Duffy instead of Carruthers although I very much like Samir's aggression and desire to get forward and link with the front 2 in dangerous positions. I would hope to see Lavery on the bench with Ched and Brooks. That's 3 attacking options, Lafferty and Eastwood along with Lunstrum and another defender,probably Brayford if Wright starts.
We are at home so should expect to see more of the ball. I think it's more about confidence and self belief at the moment. Hope the crowd plays a part and the players lift their game and get us back on track. A draw would not be a disaster. It would settle some nerves.We do need strengthening and as Wilder is clearly busting a gut to bring in what's needed we are almost in a limbo situation. I'm sure Wilder is using the likelihood of arrivals as an incentive for players to make the shirt hard to take from them.
I think you're right about Clarke-Sharp starting I don't think Ched is near enough to full fitness to last the game, which is what Wilder said after Boro.

I think Brooks will start instead of Carruthers though and not Duffy as you suggested.

Wilders post match about Brooks suggested that he's a huge fan.. although he might wait until after the window closes... in which case Duffy

Steven's was OKish v Brentford, thats all. Freeman has been, well, shite. I expect these two to be on the bench v Barnsley and Clarke as well as he looks to be a bit of a plodder in this league.

Who's your right wing back then?

Back
Top Bottom