Osula or McBurnie to start against Chelsea?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
With McBurnie coming back after his suspension for Chelsea, do you reckon Wilder will start him? Or has Osula done enough to keep his place in the side for next week? Wilder seems to be very pleased with Osula’s two performances. I’d personally start McBurnie and bring on Osula from the bench with his pace and power but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Wilder started Osula.

It's a tough one because we are really stretching teams at the moment with pace and power.
We'd lose that a little with McB but he can hold it up and pick a pass better than Osula which could open things up for Archer, Macca and Hamer.

Osula hasn’t done anything wrong

He’s in the side because McB did

McB isn’t that good that he walks straight back into the team

Don’t change a winning side

Apart from that, 54 yr old Thiago silva won’t be up for a leg race with Will, whereas McB is bread and butter to him

Last edited:
For me one of Osula’s weakest parts of his game is holding it up and retaining possession which is huge in away prem games. For me I’d go McBurnie but not sure there’s loads in it quite frankly
Mc wanker is also crap at holding the ball up, add on his lack of discipline and pace and I'd bench him.
We really need a better hold up player in January and look to ship the tosspot out.

Osula hasn’t done anything wrong

He’s in the side because McB did

McB isn’t that good that he walks straight back into the team

Don’t change a winning side

Apart from that, 54 yr old Thiago silva won’t be up for a leg race with Will, whereas McB is bread and butter to him
McB might also be fancying Xmas and new year off, a nice red card and he can get his feet up until January.

McBurnie.

Osula is game and offers us something slightly difference but he doesn't make the right decisions in possession. I thought he struggled today.

Disappointed with Osula today. Looked like he was running through treacle. His pace used to be a real asset even though his ball control wasn’t. I’d start McBurnie but I wouldn’t be surprised if that backfired on me when he’s red carded after 3 minutes.

Mcburnie is obviously the best choice but it might not send the right message at a time we are just getting going.

Both of our wins this season have come without McBurnie. That said, Osula looked knackered from minute one today.

Keep the youth and keep the energy. Chelsea could be knocked back if the young lads hit them with pace.
I'm truly excited for the future with our young talents.

The 11 who started today have the shirts, barring injury or suspension.

I’m just hoping with Wilder and his crew back the fitness & conditioning will improve and we can get a decent squad back together.

Games are won and lost in this league at times by the strength of the bench. When McAtee cramped up today you’re thinking we don’t actually have anyone to replace him.

I think McBurnie will come back in because Osula was poor today, but undeservedly.

Back
Top Bottom