Well Bert's looking forward to Saturday.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bert

Reaction score
Unlike half this forum he hasn't booked himself into Dignitas.

Iliman was undoubtedly a blow but less so Berge. He was either poor, injured, average or very good and when he was good it was only in 20 minute spells. Anything north of £10m will be fine with Bert, hopefully to be spent on somebody who gives some skill and bite to midfield

Saturday is the gathering of the clans, 3 o'clock kick off, full house, maximum effort from the players, meeting friends and liquid refreshments before and after the game.

Bert will be just as enthusiastic as he was when he first walked up Shoreham Street in the 1960's and saw the floodlights ahead.

What's not to like?

People aren't all the same.

Some will be happy enough seeing a youth team get embarrassed as they've got to go to the Lane.

Others will be really disappointed as they feel the board haven't prepared the squad properly for what was already a tough ask.

Some of the latter will still back the team on the pitch. Some of the former will get on their backs.

You're right Bert, they can't sell our pals can they.

Maybe best to have a couple more refreshments than usual before and after this season 😉

Iliman was undoubtedly a blow but less so Berge. He was either poor, injured, average or very good and when he was good it was only in 20 minute spells. Anything north of £10m will be fine with Bert, hopefully to be spent on somebody who gives some skill and bite to midfield

Saturday is the gathering of the clans, 3 o'clock kick off, full house, maximum effort from the players, meeting friends and liquid refreshments before and after the game.

Bert will be just as enthusiastic as he was when he first walked up Shoreham Street in the 1960's and saw the floodlights ahead.

What's not to like?
I take it Bert knows the definition of madness??? 😂

I'm looking forward to going and watching a Blades game in the PL with my dad and son. That's about it.

What's not to like?
"Illiman was undoubtedly a blow"
Biggest understatement of the year.

Sorry but Berge was class always calm with the ball, also chipped in with a few goals.

What's not to like ?
Osborn running around like an headless chicken chasing shadows.

At least we should have a strong defence
Baldock, Anel, Egan, Robinson, Trusty🤞

I too am very much looking forward to Saturday. Big session, good friends and back to the Lane once again for what will be an extremely rare 3pm kick off.

It's the rest of the season I'm dreading (unless we can pull the mother of all transfer windows out of our arse).

What's not to like?
Good post Bert, we have suffered far worse than starting a new season in the top flight.

Let's wait and see how all the transfers play out before we book into any Swiss clinics.

I am sad to see Illi go, Berge not so much. At least we can put the continual fretting about them leaving to bed and focus on players who want to play for the Blades.

Holidays and work trips mean I am not going to get there until Sept so jealous of those who will. Just enjoy it, what will be will be.

"Illiman was undoubtedly a blow"
Biggest understatement of the year.

Sorry but Berge was class always calm with the ball, also chipped in with a few goals.

What's not to like ?
Osborn running around like an headless chicken chasing shadows.
There's a world where the only alternative to Berge isn't Ben Osborn.

At least we should have a strong defence
Baldock, Anel, Egan, Robinson, Trusty🤞

Agree the defence is still very strong.
Their only weakness is being caught out with pace, mainly Egan and Robinson.
However when we sit back and park the bus, we can defend all day long and not concede.
The only way the opposition can score is with a spectacular long shot from outside the box, a slice of luck or a penalty.

I'm looking forward to the Palace match and for once I'm not nervous.
With this current team we have little chance of winning, I've already accepted we've lost, so now I can relax and enjoy the game.

I'm looking forward to meeting mates for a pre-match tipple or two.
I'm looking forward to the game with a sense of trepidation and apprehension.

It'll be nice to be back at BDTBL, but not if we get dicked 3-0 or something.

I think most fans would agree that it doesn't matter what league you're in as long as your team is scoring goals and winning games. I'd rather watch us beat Preston or Millwall than see us get beat by Man City or Arsenal. To prove that point, I would imagine most older Blades fans enjoyed the season winning the 4th Division much more than they did in 1976 when we got relegated from Division 1.

We appear to be heading into our first game utterly unprepared with a much weaker side than we had last season. Maybe we'll sign a couple more players this week, but a good start is vital to our survival. I fear if we don't win one of our first two games, it's going to be a very long season.

If our starting line-up includes Osborn on Saturday, I know we're well and truly fucked.

Tbh I go for the football. If it's good I'm happy, if it's bad I'm not. Hopefully it's good.

Top post, Bert.

United have given me the run around this summer and I'm fucking exhausted, but after all's said and done, after all the tantrums I've thrown, I can honestly say that I'm still not fucking looking forward to it.

The football this season is completely secondary, but I'll still be there, loud and proud.

Pass secured, bollocking pre-booked at home. Boozer agreed for the early dart already. Drinking through it is the only option! 😁

Well said Bert

I understand the disappointment, frustration and anger. But some have gone a bit overboard and regardless of how well we adapt, seem intent on having a miserable season anyway.

Personally I am more apathetic now than angry, but come Saturday morning the butterflies will be back and I'll be looking forward to stepping back into the Lane.

Madness is getting severely depressed about a couple of blokes leaving because they no longer want to play for United.
I would argue that looking forward to seeing your team dismantled in front of your very eyes is, by definition, insane. We've just been promoted to the Premiership and we are being asset stripped at an alarming rate. Unheard of in the Premiership era. Truly gobsmacking. We have the only potless Saudi prince in charge with a business model last followed by Gerald ratner.

The club is an absolute cluster fuck with no discernible prospects for improvement.... But yes.... Lets look forward with blind optimism..... Fuck sake. Let's call a spade a spade otherwise we might as well be seals clapping for a fucking fish.

I'll be there of course, and I'll no doubt be right behind the lads on the pitch like I always am. I've still got a ST and I've just got tickets for Forest. I'll no doubt enjoy the pre match drink and seeing a few mates. Conversely, we don't all have to be over the moon about what's going on either - happily and smiling like the kids on the sunshine bus just happy for a day out at the seaside.

I really hope we can get off to a quick start but even the day out gets gradually shitter when you're getting pumped every week 😬

What's not to like?
Until we get the players in and settled we have to treat each game as an individual cup game, the fans have got to get behind them, as long as they give there all what more can we ask for from the team.

UTB

What's not to like?
This season,I’m taking my boots, just in case we can’t field 11 players, cos the Prince has sold everybody before satdi.

Back
Top Bottom