Injury news that could benefit us massively

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Hi Blades fans, we play Wolves very soon (11 days). They have lost 2 of their key players. Matheus Cunha and Hwang Hee Chan are both injured. Hwang might be back soon but hopefully not before our game, if so then I doubt he will start. Cunha is done for the season with a bad hamstring injury.

Both of them are Wolves’ top goal scorers, Cunha with 9 and Hwang with 10. This gives us a real chance against Wolves now and even though it’s away, hopefully we can pick up 3 points. Cunha was in superb form as well, coming off the back of a hat-trick against Chelsea.

Brighton next on Sunday, let’s go out there and get something, then push onto a ‘weak’ Wolves side the following Sunday. UTB ⚔️

Hi Blades fans, we play Wolves very soon (11 days). They have lost 2 of their key players. Matheus Cunha and Hwang Hee Chan are both injured. Hwang might be back soon but hopefully not before our game, if so then I doubt he will start. Cunha is done for the season with a bad hamstring injury.

Both of them are Wolves’ top goal scorers, Cunha with 9 and Hwang with 10. This gives us a real chance against Wolves now and even though it’s away, hopefully we can pick up 3 points. Cunha was in superb form as well, coming off the back of a hat-trick against Chelsea.

Brighton next on Sunday, let’s go out there and get something, then push onto a ‘weak’ Wolves side the following Sunday. UTB ⚔️
There’s probably a Wolves fan out there saying:

We play Sheffield United soon. They’re already without their first choice right back, Baldock, first choice centre back, Egan and experienced back up, Basham and have now just lost their first choice left back, Norrington-Davies.

McBurnie is their top scorer and he’s missed the last few games and might not be back for this one. Also Brereton-Diaz was out of the last game through injury.

😉

Point being, we’re not exactly ship shape ourselves!

Though, I do take the point you intend.

I suppose the advantage we have is that because of the overall low quality, no disrespect to us, but relatively speaking vs the rest of the Prem, there isn’t a drop off that much in our squad when players are out, unlike last time around where we had League One back ups.

Egan wasn’t exactly excelling. It could be argued that Holgate will do no worse than Anel was doing at RCB, possibly better and Anel will do not worse than Egan. Likewise, maybe we dropped on something with Archer supported by McAtee at the weekend in lieu of McBurnie?

From the Wolves perspective, it’s unlikely they will have a replacement of the ilk of Cunha for whom they paid a fortune, nor Hwang.

So let’s hope this leaves them impotent in front of goal and opens the door.

That’s my very long winded way of saying you have a point 🤣

We play Sheffield United soon. They’re already without their first choice right back, Baldock, first choice centre back, Egan and experienced back up, Basham and have now just lost their first choice left back, Norrington-Davies.

McBurnie is their top scorer and he’s missed the last few games and might not be back for this one. Also Brereton-Diaz was out of the last game through injury.

😉

I suppose the advantage we have is that because of the overall low quality, no disrespect to us, but relatively speaking vs the rest of the Prem, there isn’t a drop off that much in our squad when players are out, unlike last time around where we had League One back ups.

Egan wasn’t exactly excelling. It could be argued that Holgate will do no worse than Anel was doing at RCB, possibly better and Anel will do not worse than Egan. Likewise, maybe we dropped on something with Archer supported by McAtee at the weekend in lieu of McBurnie?

From the Wolves perspective, it’s unlikely they will have a replacement of the ilk of Cunha for whom they paid a fortune, nor Hwang.

Cheers jeff 🫡. Nah all seriousness your point is valid as well, but Cunha is the player who carries that ball forward for their team, he’s their only ball carrier. Least we have Hamer and McAtee who will attempt to drive us forward. UTB

😉

I really don't think we want to be worrying about McBurnie until next season. We've got one single point from the 10 games he's started and everyone of our 3 wins (4 if you count Gillingham) have been without him being anywhere near the pitch.

I think we're hwanging by a thread...

Back
Top Bottom