Well Bert's looking forward to Saturday.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We will get behind the team we will lift the roof we are Blades alyurs have been alyurs will be AND ...now we need to the board to do the same

Unlike half this forum he hasn't booked himself into Dignitas.

Iliman was undoubtedly a blow but less so Berge. He was either poor, injured, average or very good and when he was good it was only in 20 minute spells. Anything north of £10m will be fine with Bert, hopefully to be spent on somebody who gives some skill and bite to midfield

Saturday is the gathering of the clans, 3 o'clock kick off, full house, maximum effort from the players, meeting friends and liquid refreshments before and after the game.

Bert will be just as enthusiastic as he was when he first walked up Shoreham Street in the 1960's and saw the floodlights ahead.

What's not to like?
Have to agree.

Yes I would like to win every game, complete the treble and then win the Champions League. Stay at the top beating all comers every game for ever.

But in the meantime, having watched United for over 40 years from 4th div to 1st and nearly all the way back down again, I'll settle for the players on the pitch giving it everything, trying to entertain, and please throw in some excitement, some drama and hopefully more home wins than defeats.

And then there's the match day anticipation, the build up, the pre & post beers, the in-match and post match analysis from friends and from 'characters' in the stands.

Roll on Saturday - here we go again.

Iliman was undoubtedly a blow but less so Berge. He was either poor, injured, average or very good and when he was good it was only in 20 minute spells. Anything north of £10m will be fine with Bert, hopefully to be spent on somebody who gives some skill and bite to midfield

Saturday is the gathering of the clans, 3 o'clock kick off, full house, maximum effort from the players, meeting friends and liquid refreshments before and after the game.

Bert will be just as enthusiastic as he was when he first walked up Shoreham Street in the 1960's and saw the floodlights ahead.

What's not to like?
Now that's more like it!!! Bravo, love it. xx

What's not to like?

Top post.

Well done that man

I'm looking forward to going and watching a Blades game in the PL with my dad and son. That's about it.
Three generations of season-ticket holders here, too, but, frankly, I’ll drive down purely because my son wants to go.

After 63 years of this malarkey, my Dad has just about had his fill. The season is looking like an utterly futile exercise.

71 - or perhaps 70 with Norwich being the exception to prove the rule a couple of years ago - other EFL clubs securing the ‘golden ticket’ would at least have a ‘bit of a go’ at competing. The sadness is that, given how 4 or 5 of the Premier League clubs are shaping up for the coming season, it might not have required a massive tweak of last year’s squad, in order for us to survive.

Three generations of season-ticket holders here, too, but, frankly, I’ll drive down purely because my son wants to go.

After 63 years of this malarkey, my Dad has just about had his fill. The season is looking like an utterly futile exercise.

71 - or perhaps 70 with Norwich being the exception to prove the rule a couple of years ago - other EFL clubs securing the ‘golden ticket’ would at least have a ‘bit of a go’ at competing. The sadness is that, given how 4 or 5 of the Premier League clubs are shaping up for the coming season, it might not have required a massive tweak of last year’s squad, in order for us to survive.
I think my dad wouldn't bother unless it was for me and my lad going, my daughter's also decided she wants to come as well now so she'll use her ticket as well.

We also take my nephew and he enjoys it and my dad likes seeing the grandkids go to the matches.

We are emigrating end of September and I'll be honest it's one of the things that I'll miss the most, my dad will probably lose interest and we're not sure how long we'll be gone for but it will 5 years+ in my opinion, it's something I've done with him since I was 6 years old myself apart from the odd season off when I was playing to a decent standard myself. I think in order to keep my dad going my mum is going to use my ST this season and then I need to decide whether to keep it on or not after that.

Bert speaks well.

Like many, I’m seriously pissed off with the people running the club, and part of me is dreading the hard months ahead. Over the last few days, now and then another part of me has also felt like telling them to stick it.

In the end, though, it‘s about the ritual, isn’t it? Travel in with family, pint beforehand, programme from the same bloke on the same corner, clack through the turnstile, maybe a pie, maybe not, gallows humour with the folk around you, curse Gary Sinclair, enjoy or suffer the game, pint and a moan afterwards.

The last few years have been mostly fucking brilliant. But it was as much about the ritual when we were finishing 9th in the Prem in 2019/20 as it was when we were slopping around in the shitty dregs of the 3rd division with Adkins and Clough.

And it’ll still be about the ritual on Saturday. Abdullah, Bettis and the rest of them can bollocks. But they’re not taking that from me.

What's not to like?
Tell Bert that he's a top man 👍

And it’ll still be about the ritual on Saturday. Abdullah, Bettis and the rest of them can bollocks. But they’re not taking that from me.

I've heard the prince is buying all the pubs within a ten mile radius of the lane and turning them into shisha bars 😉

I am flying over on Friday evening and driving up from Liverpool on Saturday morning. Normally I am like a kid on Christmas Eve by this point but due to the significant negativity around the club at present I am somewhat underwhelmed. However, I know that as I drive over on Saturday morning and get my first glimpse of the top of the stand on approaching bdtbl all of those incredible emotions that make attending games special will come flooding back. I will make my way to my seat on the kop via the back steps and continue to be enthralled by the wonder of the pitch and stadium as it opens up in front of me. I just hope we can deliver a performance that is creditable and befits the stadium and commitment of the fan base

What's not to like?
Sorry Bert, I was more excited walking upto Bramall Lane to watch the cricket int 60's. At least Yorkshire had a team to get excited abart. But as always UTB!!!!.

What's not to like?
I'd always imagined Bert gad been there when Fatty Foulkes made his debut!

Can't say I'm looking forward to Saturday the best bit will surely meeting up with my old workmates and a pint or two. Bad enough last Saturday with no Ili and an utterly dreadful team performance but this week there will be no Berge either, team morale lower than a snakes bollocks. If Palace don't win by 3 or more goals even without Zaha then they truly are shit. All we can do is get behind Hecky and the team but rather than the Greasy chip butter we skould have a rendition of Abdullah OUT at kick off. If reports that Berge has been told sign or be frozen out are true the this should have been done at the end of last season. Why TF have we gone through the planning stages and pre season with Berge and Ndiaye for that matter only to let them go days before the season starts with no replacement ready to step in. I'm not sure any of our board members have it in them to crack a fart out. Never known the fanbase to be so depressed going into a new season in a higher division God knows how the players must be feeling.

What's not to like?
It'll all be done and dusted by 11am my time which leaves me the rest of day to cry.

What's not to like?
Like Bert, Freddie is really looking forward to Saturday.

Looking forward to attending the match with my sons and my elderly uncle ( who during the height of Covid I wondered if I’d ever see him at a game again) as an aside why is it that most of the vitriolic posts at present are by people who rarely if ever post? The internet equivalent of the load-mouth gobshites scattered around all stands who seem to attend matches purely to vent.

I am as well, the game is a nice distraction to a decent day out, sobering up time I call it.

Joking aside, the older you get the more you realise its not life n death about the game or who's on the pitch, or even what division were in..

We go back to league 1, I don't care, nothing changes for blades fans as we still going to go, the league I dislike the most is the Premier league, like the money and profile, hate everything else about it.

Just remember without the shit show this week, we all thought we'd be nailed on to get relegated anyway unless we got mega rich owners in time to buy a few quality players..

What's changed?

Note: any takeover that takes months to complete involves people without a pot to piss in, lower your expectations for the crew that the Prince is in negotiation with.. Just what my experience tells me..

(people with money get in early, buy players in the pre season to ensure the best chance of staying in the Premier league, this hasn't happened has it = no money)

Like Bert, I stared watching in the 60s. 1966 to be precise. And during that time there have been many delightful spells. But also considerable periods of shite. Who can forget the glorious days of yesteryear featuring such luminaries as Les Tibbott, Dennis Longhorn, John Matthews, and Don Givens. And younger contributors may well want to point to Jay Mceverley, Connor Sammon, Martin Woodforde, and of course the incomparable Dean Hammond, as players composed of utter sludge and tripe.
So, have a few jars before the match, watch the game and have a few jars after. Probably with mates you don't see that often in the summer. And perhaps be thankful that, whatever the score, the players playing for us are akin to the Brazil 1970 team compared to the shower of shite listed above.
And who knows, we may even get a point or three........

Worst case scenario is we drop back down into the Championship in a better financial state with two years of parachute payments. That's not too bad.

One problem is that top players won't want to sign for a club that's odds-on to go down.

I like Bert

I have been watching since the 80's and we've had some tough times with worse decisions than this and far worse teams.

Do we need to recruit fast - Yes
Should we have seen this coming and been able to react a bit quicker - Yes
Have Berge & Ndaiye made decisions for themselves rather than the club - Yes
Were we told that we would start buying young players from across Europe with a view to develop and make a profit - Yes

My lads have Berge's name on the back of their shirts, I haven't enjoyed watching a player like Ndaiye since Borbokis and Hodges. I think a large vocal part of our fan base are pointing figures at people they've wanted to point fingers at for a long time.

I started supporting united cos I like a struggle and I haven't been disappointed yet!

One feels people are protesting about ‘bed wetters’ a bit too much. Going to be a hard fall ladies

Bloody Happy Clapper ;-)
743sea.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom