Che

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I woke up this morning....yes and I believe we'd sold Che Adams...gonna be some serious thread shifting today!

I'd love Che to stay...and I'm not sure we'd invest any money straight back into the squad, but this sale won't hurt that prospect and the sad fact is, Wilder still has to pay up and fuck off some expensive dross and bring 3-4 good players in.

£3-3.5 is probably about right in 'today's mad market'...who knows if he'll kick on and progress, hope so...but it's still a gamble we can't afford to take ( with this kind of money on the table) and that Newcastle can..

or the point that suggests we won't get 3m up front, I'd simply point out that we also don't have to commit to a deal upfront when buying either.

I hope your not giving McCabe too much credit and any investment is done as sensibly as you suggest.

UTP & FTP

I have no doubt all the money will be spent on the playing staff.

I'm still clinging to the "think Liverpool" quote:confused:..It will be an undisclosed fee..it's the blades way

...but it's still a gamble we can't afford to take ( with this kind of money on the table) and that Newcastle can..

Exactly; give any of us £1k to bet on next years Gold Cup today, we'd be spreading it around a few horses, each way. In football finance terms that's the position United are in.

£3.5m plus Adam Armstrong for the season would be acceptable to me. Alternatively £4.5m up front would be about right. Anything less is a poor deal for us.

Either of the first two scenarios is only a good deal if the bulk of the money is reinvested in players.

if the sale of players like Ché.....the Kyles, Jan Aage, Sabella, Currie etc. etc. is so good, then why are we stuck in Division 3 Pinchy?

I didn't mention any of the others mate. Kyle Naughton was a very good deal; the others not. None of that is relevant, though. I don't agree that Ché is a 'player like...' You may be overlooking the fact that I've seen him play. He improves exponentially by the day in the close season...

No way is Che worth anywhere near £3 million.

He's worth about £500,000 based on last season but as PL clubs are loaded then we can demand a better deal.
I'd sell him for 2 million and put in a small sell on clause just in case he reaches some of his undoubted potential.

Are you working in the crack negotiating team that is our board?

FWIW "If" we sell him the fee is largely irrelevant. As is the money for Harry, Quinn et al over the years. It's the huge gaping hole they generally leave behind that we never fill that means whether it's £1m or £10m it doesn't matter.

I see people like Sean Thornton getting their digs in early and the usuals saying we should be thankful we have such a thoughtful benefactor as McCabe in charge. He's a blade after all. McCabe has made a colossal fuck up of our club and make no mistake. The past 10 years of atrocious appointments, mistimed firings and utter mismanagement lay at his door. People can make all the excuses they want but he appointed the managers, the executives (how many of those have we had), the wanky second rate relationships with clubs across the world that cost millions and had no positive effect on the club whatsoever.

As I say we won't know the effect of this sale until the season is well under way, but it really does stink of the usual selling our better players and replacing them with Oldham and Rochdales ex players. And some wonder why people say "same owd, same owd".

If this is true I am amazed anyone would offer that much based on performances last season. I thought we would get about half that if we were lucky

Attachments

• stock-photo-teenager-dozing-off-while-writing-his-test-fast-asleep-116077882.jpg
    stock-photo-teenager-dozing-off-while-writing-his-test-fast-asleep-116077882.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4
Well we're not likely to win promotion with the current team, Che or not, and it appears the owners aren't prepared to cover the losses we'll incur if we buy sufficient players to do so and don't sell.
So what do we do?

Well we're not likely to win promotion with the current team, Che or not, and it appears the owners aren't prepared to cover the losses we'll incur if we buy sufficient players to do so and don't sell.
So what do we do?

Sell.

Selling Che means we keep DCL. And, as it stands, we've got too many forwards to keep everyone satisfied - especially so if CW is intent on bringing a target man in.

Wilder's already suggested he's a canny transfer market operator - our transfer incomings have arguably been the best in the division this pre-season so far. This'll give him (much) further room to manoeuvre, as far as he wants to.

If, being where we are, we need one big sale a season to replenish, then so be it. So long as we've got a trustworthy manager who knows what he's doing in the transfer market and who (crucially) isn't being undermined by such a sale.

Che isn't in any way vital to our success, sad though it would be to lose a promising young player.

As others have said, if we are serious about promotion there should be 2 questions when considering any transfer out of the club:

1) will the transfer free up space for someone of equal quality?

2) will the money from the transfer be used to sign/improve the team elsewhere?

If the answer to either of those questions is 'yes' carry out the transfer.

Unfortunately for us the answers to both is usually 'no'

I also suspect that Ché is potentially a VERY good player and a future international. I know he had a bad season last year (though I own, I didn't attend many matches) but that was a BAD season under a manager who failed to motivate ANY of the rest of his players to an acceptable standard wasn't it?

I saw him more often the previous year and he looked extremely impressive once or twice, it is THAT Ché that other managers know they can use.

So, I suspect that in 'our' minds Ché, following a dismal season is UNDERvalued, IF he leaves this will come back to haunt us.

I also think its very sad that the club denies us the chance to watch exciting players time after time after time - its like they think we don't deserve it, its sadistic punishment meted out by a board who subconsciously/consciously sometimes seem to blame the supporters for the state of the club.

As a right part-timer, I say watching a team without Ché in it is worth £4 less than watching a match in which a motivated Ché was playing.

That is how I value players; what's the entertainment worth, how much does a ticket cost, not how many millions of pounds he should cost. Might I suggest that saying ...aye, he's worth £3M but I wouldn't let him go for £2M, is about as pointless and uninformed as shouting prices at the TV when the Antiques Roadshow is on.

Last edited:
I also suspect that Ché is potentially a VERY good player and a future international. I know he had a bad season last year (though I own, I didn't attend many matches) but that was a BAD season under a manager who failed to motivate ANY of the rest of his players to an acceptable standard wasn't it?

I saw him more often the previous year and he looked extremely impressive once or twice, it is THAT Ché that other managers know they can use.

So, I suspect that in 'our' minds Ché, following a dismal season is UNDERvalued, IF he leaves this will come back to haunt us.

I also think its very sad that the club denies us the chance to watch exciting players time after time after time - its like they think we don't deserve it, its sadistic punishment meted out by a board who subconsciously/consciously sometimes seem to blame the supporters for the state of the club.

As a right part-timer, I say watching a team without Ché in it is worth £4 less than watching a match in which a motivated Ché was playing.

That is how I value players; what's the entertainment worth, how much does a ticket cost, not how many millions of pounds he should cost. Might I suggest that saying ...aye, he's worth £3M but I wouldn't let him go for £2M, is about as pointless and uninformed as shouting prices at the TV when the Antiques Roadshow is on.
Have you got a TV now or are you watching someone else's on a Sunday evening;)

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...-manager-confirms-new-che-adams-bid-1-8039172

Now we've signed Clarke and with McNulty seemingly back in contention, I can see Che leaving.

If it's around £2m, I don't think that's bad business for us.... As long as the money is re-invested back into the squad to buy a robust box to box midfielder. A Conor Coady type player would be good.

My only concern is that we'd be letting go of a good young player having signed a 31 year old, however the realist in me says let's do whatever it takes to get out of this league (meaning up not down!) and then we can review it again when we get to the championship.

Back
Top Bottom