Ndiaye replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S6Blademan

Reaction score
You’ve got £20 mill to replace him ……

I’m going with

Diallo @ Strausborg who we are rumoured to want

And Akpom @ Boro

Probably looking at £25/30 mill there

Don’t spent too much though as the future of the club is at stake 🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥😉

Would rather spend it on 5 players to make the squad better overall. Try and do what villa did with grealish moneh but obviously to a much lesser extent 😂

Tillman at Bayern is the new one on the rumour mill, will cost us £6mil - so god knows what we do with the illiman money as that shouldn't even finish the original 20

The prince isn’t going to spent the Ndaiye cash - we have to just accept this season is damage limitation. We’ve no intention of trying to replace him with a High profile/ exciting signing - forget big money signings, you’re only setting yourself up for further disappointments

We’ll prob throw a couple of mill at some scraps no one else at the top table has any interest in and hope for the best.

The prince isn’t going to spent the Ndaiye cash - we have to just accept this season is damage limitation. We’ve no intention of trying to replace him with a High profile/ exciting signing - forget big money signings, you’re only setting yourself up for further disappointments

We’ll prob throw a couple of mill at some scraps no one else at the top table has any interest in and hope for the best.

It won’t be that bad but it waint be much better 😯

If we were spending the whole fee in one go on one player Sam Iling but we won’t be spending the whole fee and it shouldn’t just go on one player. We should be using it and whatever we have in the kitty on building a new core for the squad. In that context two players is erm interesting.

I dunno, I reckon HRH was more than happy to keep Illy, so it's not like he's been sold to fund the club: that will be happening regardless of the sale. I think he'll re-invest the money. The alternative is that he's somehow going to take the sale money out of the club...

I dunno, I reckon HRH was more than happy to keep Illy, so it's not like he's been sold to fund the club: that will be happening regardless of the sale. I think he'll re-invest the money. The alternative is that he's somehow going to take the sale money out of the club...

I just don’t think he’s any interest in investing in the club given he’s planning on selling. It’s why hecky was given peanuts to spend (pre Ndaiye)

The chat on SUW was already that we might bring in ‘a couple’ with the money…. but similar to what we’ve been looking at so massive projects (Heckys words) in the 1m-4m to range.

It’s just not enough imo to even attempt to replace him on the aggregate. Thinking we’ll be bidding 10m+ On anyone is optimistic to the point of foolishness

If we were spending the whole fee in one go on one player Sam Iling but we won’t be spending the whole fee and it shouldn’t just go on one player. We should be using it and whatever we have in the kitty on building a new core for the squad. In that context two players is erm interesting.
I would imagine most of the "Illie money" will go to paying the debts.

One is Doyle. Not rocket science.

You won't replace what Ndiaye has. But, if we reduce it to a pacy inside forward, dangerous on the counter attack, can dribble and will score 8-10 goals a season and go immediately into the starting XI and have an impact. James McAtee on loan....(I know)...

I can't spell his name anyway

can we get John Smith or Peter Banks

I can spell them

You’ve got £20 mill to replace him ……

I’m going with

Diallo @ Strausborg who we are rumoured to want

And Akpom @ Boro

Probably looking at £25/30 mill there

Don’t spent too much though as the future of the club is at stake 🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥😉
I'm going with club spending virtually nowt 😐

Personally I think we should be looking at 2 additions @ circa 5 million each for players that will go straight into the side, as for Ndiaye replacement. remember 2 season's ago when he arrived in the ist team how raw he was but you could tell he was going to become some player so we persevered with him. well I think Brookes is at that same stage now so we should persevere with him this season so he can become a similar player to Ndiaye next season in the champ, don't personally see the risk as we all expect to go straight back down anyway.

I would be looking to use that cash for 2/3 new players. I think 5 would mean the quality wouldn't raise the standards enough and just give us more of what we already have. I would be looking at 1 or 2 players with the same attributes as illi + a midfielder with better legs than norwood.

My picks would be these or similar to try and replicate the MGW/illi partnership, ideally 2 of them to give us a greater overall threat than having 1 skilfull player (illi) which would be easy to mark out a game.

Gustavo Hamer (although i think he wants to go back to Netherlands)
John Swift
ilias Chair
Amad Diallo (think he's injured + would only be loan)

Matt grimes as Norwoods successor.

I see the scouting and recruitment teams are working flat out!!Screenshot_20230731-185729_Google.jpg

Back
Top Bottom