Che

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bit of a strange one tbh, with having Mitrovic, Perez, Gayle and Armstrong. Can he play attacking midfield?

I suppose this boils down to whether you think it's a Kyle Walker situation or a Jordan Slew situation, I believe it's very much the latter, while you appear to believe it's the former.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree and revisit this thread in 18 months? ;)

Sykigdfh guests it's t

Adams - £3-3.5m

Then if these happen;

Maguire to Boro - £600k
DCL - £1m

Could be looking at between £4.6m - £5.1m

Bit of a strange one tbh, with having Mitrovic, Perez, Gayle and Armstrong. Can he play attacking midfield?

If he's got a lot of space, then yes, he can play from the left.

Adams - £3-3.5m

Then if these happen;

Maguire to Boro - £600k
DCL - £1m

Could be looking at between £4.6m - £5.1m

It's a nice thought to have that much to spend, but you just know we're going to wait until we've sold Che and be quoted an extra 25% for our targets instead of signing them now, safe in the knowledge that interest is high and we can sell him easily to fund them.

my worry is Wonga sponsor newcastle
the APR is astronomical , so they are giving us 700k and wonga 2,8 million in a month to pay off the 700k

If he's got a lot of space, then yes, he can play from the left.

Cheers, I've not heard much about this deal tbh. Normally our local media would jump all over it, if there was a bid. Not saying it won't happen mind

No way is Che worth anywhere near £3 million.

He's worth about £500,000 based on last season but as PL clubs are loaded then we can demand a better deal.
I'd sell him for 2 million and put in a small sell on clause just in case he reaches some of his undoubted potential.

The board have financed a great deal of transfer activity over the last few seasons, with very little return to show for it. Other teams around us have spent far less and yet achieved far more?

Consequently, I doubt anyone has more reason to be disappointed than McCabe. But don't change the record, eh

:eek:
:tumbleweed:
UTB & FTP

Fact is if 3m is mentioned then you can guarantee we won't get 3m up front. We'll probably get something like 1m up front and the balance dependent on appearances, goals, Newcastle's promotion or get chunks over a period of time blah blah blah. Figures mentioned in any transfer is rarely what the selling club get as soon as the player leaves.
My opinion is stay firm with Che and don't let him leave but all depends if his head has been turned by agent or speculation etc.
Think he owes us a bit of loyalty seen as though we took him out of obscurity but that very rarely happens these days!

UTB & FTP

The slide continues then... I've never enjoyed selling our best players because "it's a good deal." It's never a good deal for the fans. The money's never reinvested properly and the replacements are never of the same quality. Maguire, McDonald, Murphy - all replaced by absolute garbage (or not at all).

Good deal or not, if he leaves a better player won't replace him.
He's got pace, strength, scores goals and could fire us to promotion.
We talk about boring football in the past few seasons, he's our most exciting player by a mile.
Big blow if he leaves.

We wont get 3.5 million up front.
Didnt his old club insert a sell on clause as well?
If he does go I would expect the fee to be undisclosed and we get a new striker/winger in to placate the fans.

Selling a 1st team player is only a good deal when you find out what is going to be done to the team from the proceeds.

Like getting rid of a manager.

Maybe it was considered the right time for Warnock to move on when he did. But if we all knew Robson was the one lined up, I think we'd all have been asking him to remain.

For this one if the figures are anywhere near true and we may also get an additional bonus from Maguire then I'd like to see us move away from the pursuit of Clarke.

When you all of a sudden have 3m coming in then I don't think we need to kill ourselves to obtain a 31 year old journeyman with no further resale value. We already have Billy at that age, plus older players get injured more.

For the point that suggests we won't get 3m up front, I'd simply point out that we also don't have to commit to a deal upfront when buying either.

If Che is 1m upfront, promotion add ons to 3m, then a bid of 300k should be 100k plus promotion add ons to 300k. No reason our incoming deals need to be structured any differently to our outgoing ones.

The slide continues then... I've never enjoyed selling our best players because "it's a good deal." It's never a good deal for the fans. The money's never reinvested properly and the replacements are never of the same quality. Maguire, McDonald, Murphy - all replaced by absolute garbage (or not at all).

Same 'owd same 'owd Plenty of rumours to get us used to what has become an annual event. First make sure the season tickets are sold Second, sell a player who you will not replace. Lastly I can hear McCabe now "Piss off we've got your money suckers"

Back
Top Bottom