Che Adams now linked?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's better than what we have but wouldn't be my choice either, having said that I'm not sure we can expect any better with the way this window has gone.
No he isnt. He had a terrible attitude in 2016 from what I had been told from someone who was very ITK

Bobby Robson wrote in his autobiography that he had never forgotten a very good piece of advice from Arsenal's manager, Bertie Mee which was "if a player, no matter how good he is, becomes disruptive in the dressing room, then get rid of him as soon as you can". No wonder why Southampton want to get rid of him.

I remember the thought of Gary Madine playing for us as being impossible what with being ex Wednesday and the spat with sharp but that happened and we all lived

How so? Akpom also cost £12m but Adams is a year younger and is arguably a much better player.
Like you said, similar age and price but Akpom has form more recently, similar goal records in their careers to date. Would say Che is more a #9 and Akpom a #10 style forward though. The “arguably a much better player” is just an opinion, as I’d prefer Akpom.

i rate adams but realise hes hated by most blades fans but for value for money adams at 12m archer 20m its a no brainer a striker proven in the premier league against a striker whos only scored at championship level actually f**k it lets bring em both in 😜

Like you said, similar age and price but Akpom has form more recently, similar goal records in their careers to date. Would say Che is more a #9 and Akpom a #10 style forward though. The “arguably a much better player” is just an opinion, as I’d prefer Akpom.

They haven’t got similar goal records at all, it’s not even close. Adams has 25 goals at the level we’re currently playing at, Akpom has none.

Is it? If osama bin laden could score goals would you sign him?
There are plenty of non football reasons why the club should not sign someone. However simply being called names by a fan, even if vaguely accurate, is not one of them.

Is it? If osama bin laden could score goals would you sign him?
Interesting. I thought Adams was more comparable to Pol Pot than Osama Bin Laden but you might have changed my mind

They haven’t got similar goal records at all, it’s not even close. Adams has 25 goals at the level we’re currently playing at, Akpom has none.
I just meant statistically, 76 in 310 for Akpom, 104 in 416 for Adams... which also includes Adams' goals in the Northern Premier League if we're being pedantic.

I would gladly go and pick him up myself and bring him back , the state were in

£12m for Adams makes Akpom seem like a decent deal... but also puts Archer into perspective

I think all of them, given market conditions, are fairly priced given the conditions of their contracts, the club's they're at and the age of the player...
I'd have said Adams £12m, Akpom £10m and Archer £18m is about right.

I think all of them, given market conditions, are fairly priced given the conditions of their contracts, the club's they're at and the age of the player...
I'd have said Adams £12m, Akpom £10m and Archer £18m is about right.
And we should have been looking at signing two of them

If I'd have told you last season you could have akpom and archer for 30 million you'd have laughed at me

Think.adams might go for nearer 15 though

Do we just hate him in a knickers-in-a-twist sort of way or has he actually done something? Remind me so I can (pretend to)
get angry.

And we should have been looking at signing two of them

If I'd have told you last season you could have akpom and archer for 30 million you'd have laughed at me

Think.adams might go for nearer 15 though

If you'd told me we'd sell Ndiaye and not be able to afford one of them I'd have been absolutely amazed.
I would have thought Ndiaye would almost fund both.

Ndiaye was a poorly managed sale.

If you'd told me we'd sell Ndiaye and not be able to afford one of them I'd have been absolutely amazed.
I would have thought Ndiaye would almost fund both.

Ndiaye was a poorly managed sale.
I can't help but feel ndiaye would have stayed if we'd brought a couple of good players in to play around him

Crazy to let him go before we had someone lined up

Sky saying his deal is up at Southampton and will be leaving in the summer - reckon we'd be in for him?

Back
Top Bottom