Chairman's statement on the Heckingbottom appointment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ive not heard the press conference yet but does The Prince not being the face of the club mean he won't be commenting on footballing matters? Not that he did anyway. I just wonder if it was poorly delivered as it makes little sense
From the conference snippets it seems that for on the pitch football matters, Heckingbottom will speak. For all other matters it will be Bettis. We will not hear from the Prince, chairman or board of directors again 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ive not heard the press conference yet but does The Prince not being the face of the club mean he won't be commenting on footballing matters? Not that he did anyway. I just wonder if it was poorly delivered as it makes little sense
No comment or media appearances from the prince or chairman from now on

Clubs in United World are in very bad hands. That was clear to me after the summer transfer window where they showed no ambition whatsoever. If money is so tight you should concentrate all means on 1 club and not screw 5 clubs. Why spend millions in buying Chateauroux in December when you have zero budget to strengthen your other teams. It makes no sense at all. Only way forward is to get these owners out as soon as possible. They are a disgrace.

Clubs in United World are in very bad hands. That was clear to me after the summer transfer window where they showed no ambition whatsoever. If money is so tight you should concentrate all means on 1 club and not screw 5 clubs. Why spend millions in buying Chateauroux in December when you have zero budget to strengthen your other teams. It makes no sense at all. Only way forward is to get these owners out as soon as possible. They are a disgrace.
That might be down to you guys purple we’ve been categorically told today we won’t see our owner again.

Emphasis on youth. Then selling the youth when a half decent offer comes in. Rinse, repeat. Fuck off you clueless cunts.

No matter what's gone on surely it can't top what big kev did,yeah the Prince is a cunt but at least he's not from Sheffield and a born blade,some of the comments are laughable saying rather Mcabe than PA

And you don't think today is laughable?

At the very least, it's the equal of anything Mcabe did, in fact for me it trumps anything Mcabe did.

Today we are as big a laughing stock as our neighbours. Four and a half year contract and Mcall as assistant? We'd have laughed at the pigs at that level of appointment

And it's not even as though we can cash in on anything in January unless David fucking Dickinson can find anything in the trophy room because there's fuck all on the pitch worth a bucket of warm piss.

I'm fucking angry because today our club became an absolute fucking laughing stock.

Something very wrong here one of the best managers who got us in the prem. quits his dream job. Slav gets the bullet before he walks. I bet no dosh will be available in January. if results don,t pick up will he get the bullet. we need this board out. they are wrecking the club.

I want him out of our club. There are numerous examples of false promises and lies during his short ownership. I can’t see a good future with him.
I wonder if he’s looking to sell the group as a whole but I clear statement in that regard would be nice.

The boards starting to worry me a bit, I stuck my neck out when Wilder left but this seems a bit dodgy hopefully I’m wrong but it’s a weird time at Bramall Lane.

Bunch of charlatans playing at running a football club. Be lucky not to go same way as Bolton now. That press conference was horrific.

I agree, hideous press conference. However did we land that shower of shite running our club.

HH

Just read some of the statement from the news conference and this bit caught my eye -

"Paul will be the club's football manager

I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman.

We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.

Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either."

seems like an admission that the coach and transfer committee has not worked out and Heckingbottom will be taking over much more of the club than Slav did. It also seems that the board wont be speaking much at all now. Does anybody else think this could be leading to them bailing out asap?
I fucking hope the fat cunt fucks off.

Picture the scene:
Conference call - on screen a white Persian Cat being stroked, disembodied voice begins speaking:

“Good evening Prince Abdullah, we understand you’re seeking synergetic levered investment?
I have taken the trouble of assembling a consortium that may well resolve your current dilemma, should I introduce them:

Firstly there is Uncle Kev, I believe you know one another? We would propose that he be in charge of finances
“here’s 5 million you cheating duplicitous bastard give me MY club back!”

Hush Kevin the time for negotiations will come, next is Mike:

“Aye I can demolish owt you want - I know some folk in construction”

Then there’s our PR guru, Charles-

“How many more times have I tell you, it’s Chuckie, feckin CHUCKIE, like in the films”

Sorry Chuckie , Next is Count Colombotti- he comes highly recommended by a legal representative of Uncle Kevs acquaintance

“That is correct, Mr Gleadhill suggested my involvement given he was otherwise disposed, 1400hrs is nap time

Our next memberMr felt it prudent not to be seen but is keen to use his oversees connections to good effect

(muffled voice) “you ain’t see me right , do you want any PPE, I can knock it out at a good price seeing as it’s you just ring thing this number (Venezuela 123456 & ask for Paul
no? what about a unicorn or two ? Look here’s a unicorn turd to prove it, bugger I’ve got shit hand !”

Prince A interjects - “perhaps I can help”

Cat voice continues
It appears we’re getting on fine already although I feel it’s imperative we have someone experienced in HR , and especially inclusion, over to you Sam

Prince A “Is that a woman !? I refuse to work with her “

Sam “Don’t fret Prince, we in the gender nonconforming community have no use or need for such restrictive labels”

(another disembodied voice)
“Sorry to interrupt but there’s a gentleman at the door insisting that he speaks to Mr Ashley’s cat...

Just read some of the statement from the news conference and this bit caught my eye -

"Paul will be the club's football manager

I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman.

We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.

Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either."

seems like an admission that the coach and transfer committee has not worked out and Heckingbottom will be taking over much more of the club than Slav did. It also seems that the board wont be speaking much at all now. Does anybody else think this could be leading to them bailing out asap?

Didn't he say England not Sheffield in the press conference?

If he owned a corner shop and the Saudis bought M&S would he have to lock the doors and fuck off.

Some people don't half talk some fucking shyte

Anything than admit that this is the worst run football club in the entire history of World football, and always has been.

I’m still amazed by the original press release if Paul ”possesses the personal leadership qualities and technical skills…..to implement the boards strategic directives…shares our values,…..Paul’s style and ethos matches that of the club“ why was he not appointed installed of jokanovicin the summer- who are they trying to fool. Hecky may well be the right man but I’m not very convinced the board know who it is…. The statement saying “ we will support him where possible” shows how much of a mess we are in financially i think and as said by many others you suspect Jokanovic was never going to get the signings he demanded. I expect Hecky will have to work with what he has. The lack of thanks to Jokanovic also indicates how much the he and the board fell out, perhaps over broken promises?

Carlton Blade made a good point in the shoutbox about this being because of the Newcastle takeover. PA no longer being the face of the club.

Just to follow up this:

Just to follow up this:

Be strange if we start winning games and then get promotion through the play offs and Newcastle go down!

Back
Top Bottom