Chairman's statement on the Heckingbottom appointment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was Bill Gates and the lizards wot dunnit
Actually...... 🤔

Billy Boy's got a few bob stashed away and there are more than a few on here happy to keep taking a prick. VACCINE MISSUS, VACCINE! For crying out loud! Wonder if Bill would be happy to bankroll the club in exchange for hundreds of little Bladey volunteers, willing to take part in his experiments, no questions, no comebacks???

Is it worth asking him on Twitter?

yeh and the man who brought wilder in. What did PA actually do?

Help cover losses, backed Wilder to allow him to sign more players in the PL.

If you think this presser is a shitshow have a read back on the court dispute.

The owner has always been desperate to talk, often to his own detriment. Look how visible he was when Wilder left. He even went on YorkBlade and Nick's show, contacting them himself to organise it. He's also procrastinated over every decision he's ever made.

Now all of a sudden he'll never talk again, decisions are instant and the message is extremely harsh. I don't think this is PA. I think this is the people who own Newcastle
if it is interference from Newcastle it breaks the rules
no other club should interfere in another clubs affairs

It's already very harsh. McCabe invested on infrastructure for the good of the club. Spent a shit ton of money on the football side that the club didn't generate. He spent badly for the most part, but he doesn't deserve comparison with this shower. We haven't seen nothing yet by the way. It's either new ownership or very dark days ahead.
I know Kevin had his faults aplenty but I think never tried to harm the club certainly members of his previous boards didn’t and always wanted the best for united. Maybe enough time hasn’t passed yet though for people to see what Kevin did well.

You know what, prince can have the club. Enjoy it, with 6k fans in league two. I'll come back when he's gone.

Ah so the owner is slinging his hook effectively, the manager wont be judged on results - I have visions of Hecky going to the chairman office like that scene off Mike Bassett lol
Ricky Lambert and Andy Butler starting come January 😀

1637857755333.png
So he believes in the players, but we're getting rid of a load in January? Which one is it

Anyone any idea what's going on anywhere at the club. The ground looks like a building site, steel fencing around the hotel , steel fencing on Cherry Street, had to get Security Guard to let us out of the Cherry Street car park Tuesday night.
And with today's shenanigans really does look like a mess is brewing at SUFC. Even beginning to get Text messages from piggy friends laughing.

I'm usually one for giving people time and bemoaning those that call for heads to roll after a matter of months.

But this, this whole thing has me massively concerned the biggest issues I have are as follows

The length of the contract given to Heckingbottom, one with the greatest will in the world he will never see out so its yet another one we will have to pay out.

A point stated by them (I'm using them now) this is an incredibly cheap appointment, the statement reading something like "Paul knows the kids and will expected to promote the kids" has cost-cutting written all over it obviously, but it's also incredibly naive and ill judged.

A question I have is do we not promote youth that is good enough anyway? I mean how many players have the club released that have then gone on to become something big? I cant think of a single one? if a player is good enough they get a game and if they're still good enough after that game they get a career which leads to my next question.

Who was the last player we brought through and kept long enough to be able to say you know what we got a good career out of him? I also can't think of any as they're always sold off within 18 months? Before anyone replies, with Billy he was sold twice. so are the club going to keep these supposed assets we need to build a team around or are we going to sell them anyway?

Don't get me started on the rest of it all..

Anyone else think there was a clause in Jokanovic’s contract that kicked in after he’d had 20 games in charge?

If I was the owner and Slav was on some kind of 20 game trial, after which he was entitled to full compensation, I’d have binned him off too. I’ve not been at all impressed with his managerial skills but this seems very impulsive, if there isn’t a significant
cost saving element to it? 😉

The owner has always been desperate to talk, often to his own detriment. Look how visible he was when Wilder left. He even went on YorkBlade and Nick's show, contacting them himself to organise it. He's also procrastinated over every decision he's ever made.

Now all of a sudden he'll never talk again, decisions are instant and the message is extremely harsh. I don't think this is PA. I think this is the people who own Newcastle
What has Newcastle go to do with the prince not talking again ? what have you been told just seems odd that the owners from a different club can silence the owner of this one

What has Newcastle go to do with the prince not talking again ? what have you been told just seems odd that the owners from a different club can silence the owner of this one
Saudi Royal family taz

I'm usually one for giving people time and bemoaning those that call for heads to roll after a matter of months.

But this, this whole thing has me massively concerned the biggest issues I have are as follows

The length of the contract given to Heckingbottom, one with the greatest will in the world he will never see out so its yet another one we will have to pay out.

A point stated by them (I'm using them now) this is an incredibly cheap appointment, the statement reading something like "Paul knows the kids and will expected to promote the kids" has cost-cutting written all over it obviously, but it's also incredibly naive and ill judged.

A question I have is do we not promote youth that is good enough anyway? I mean how many players have the club released that have then gone on to become something big? I cant think of a single one? if a player is good enough they get a game and if they're still good enough after that game they get a career which leads to my next question.

Who was the last player we brought through and kept long enough to be able to say you know what we got a good career out of him? I also can't think of any as they're always sold off within 18 months? Before anyone replies, with Billy he was sold twice. so are the club going to keep these supposed assets we need to build a team around or are we going to sell them anyway?

Don't get me started on the rest of it all..

Also, what kids exactly? We don't even have a category one academy and our kids don't play at a good enough level for many of them to become professionals, let alone higher end championship players (assuming that is where we expect to be). You might get one or two over the course of Heckingbottom's contract, if you're lucky. That to me is a very worrying strategy. A deluded one in fact.

Also, what kids exactly? We don't even have a category one academy and our kids don't play at a good enough level for many of them to become professionals, let alone higher end championship players (assuming that is where we expect to be). You might get one or two over the course of Heckingbottom's contract, if you're lucky. That to me is a very worrying strategy. A deluded one in fact.
🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Can’t believe the 400+ investment talk includes all the assets and money owed to McCabe. The clubs own money was used to pay PA’s debt and secure the club.

Said it many moons ago he doesn’t have a pot to piss in and the future of the club was in serious peril with PA, it is looking even bleaker now. My only hope is that we look an attractive proposition for some wealthy investors because I am not joking when I say without outside investment we could be looking at admin or worse in the very near future with this man owning the club.

I dont think i can recall such a car crash of a press conference in football. We had:

A none-entity of a chairman declaring he doesnt know anything about football and isnt from Sheffield so he doesnt care.
Bettis saying results (what happens on Sat afternoon) wont be used to judge Hecky
A claim that our owner wont be seen again.

Add to that the already car crash of a day in which we appointed two L1 managers, sacked a manager with a proven record and confirmed there is no money left.

This is the Blades Way on crack, isnt it?

Back
Top Bottom