Chairman's statement on the Heckingbottom appointment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SuperBobbyHatton

Reaction score
Just read some of the statement from the news conference and this bit caught my eye -

"Paul will be the club's football manager

I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman.

We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.

Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either."

seems like an admission that the coach and transfer committee has not worked out and Heckingbottom will be taking over much more of the club than Slav did. It also seems that the board wont be speaking much at all now. Does anybody else think this could be leading to them bailing out asap?

Carlton Blade made a good point in the shoutbox about this being because of the Newcastle takeover. PA no longer being the face of the club.
The owner has always been desperate to talk, often to his own detriment. Look how visible he was when Wilder left. He even went on YorkBlade and Nick's show, contacting them himself to organise it. He's also procrastinated over every decision he's ever made.

Now all of a sudden he'll never talk again, decisions are instant and the message is extremely harsh. I don't think this is PA. I think this is the people who own Newcastle

The owner has always been desperate to talk, often to his own detriment. Look how visible he was when Wilder left. He even went on YorkBlade and Nick's show, contacting them himself to organise it. He's also procrastinated over every decision he's ever made.

Now all of a sudden he'll never talk again, decisions are instant and the message is extremely harsh. I don't think this is PA. I think this is the people who own Newcastle

Has he been strong armed by the Saudi's to take a back seat?

Not quite true mate, we asked him to come on the channel, any fan could have asked him on Twitter but we actually did it and he said yes, then we asked him questions that fans submitted on Twitter.

Not quite true mate, we asked him to come on the channel, any fan could have asked him on Twitter but we actually did it and he said yes, then we asked him questions that fans submitted on Twitter.

You reckon he has been forced to take a hike by the Saudi's though?

Can you ask him again to discuss todays events ?

Can someone explain what we have got to do with Newcastle all of a sudden?

Since Newcastle have been taken over by the Saudi's. Apparently that causes a major conflict of interest with PA owning us. Since Newcastle essentially are now owned by Saudi Arabia, it is likely that PA can't be seen to be running a football club. Hence why the announcement today that we will hear nothing else from PA from now on.

Speculation obviously but its odd that PA has gone from doing fan podcasts to suddenly taking a complete back seat from everything.

Since Newcastle have been taken over by the Saudi's. Apparently that causes a major conflict of interest with PA owning us. Since Newcastle essentially are now owned by Saudi Arabia, it is likely that PA can't be seen to be running a football club. Hence why the announcement today that we will hear nothing else from PA from now on.

Speculation obviously but its odd that PA has gone from doing fan podcasts to suddenly taking a complete back seat from everything.
Isn't Yusuf and the the other guy part of the same "family" anyway? What difference does it make if it's Prince or them two?

So he's not the chairman anymore?

The Newcastle thing is likely true. Why would PA want to continue owning a club he can't be seen to be associated with? Football clubs are ultimitely a vanity project for wealthy individuals and I don't see what he gets from owning us if he's ushered into the shadows.

Isn't Yusuf and the the other guy part of the same "family" anyway? What difference does it make if it's Prince or them two?

Yusuf has also said today you are unlikely to hear much from himself as well.

Back
Top Bottom