Chairman's statement on the Heckingbottom appointment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dont think i can recall such a car crash of a press conference in football. We had:

A none-entity of a chairman declaring he doesnt know anything about football and isnt from Sheffield so he doesnt care.
Bettis saying results (what happens on Sat afternoon) wont be used to judge Hecky
A claim that our owner wont be seen again.

Add to that the already car crash of a day in which we appointed two L1 managers, sacked a manager with a proven record and confirmed there is no money left.

This is the Blades Way on crack, isnt it?

It's the way things usually are with us.

See that snake Bettis he wants chasing from the club quick sharp

says hecky won’t be judged on what happens on a Saturday afternoon, I support the only club in the whole fucking world that results on a Saturday afternoon are totally irrelevant

I dont think i can recall such a car crash of a press conference in football. We had:

A none-entity of a chairman declaring he doesnt know anything about football and isnt from Sheffield so he doesnt care.
Bettis saying results (what happens on Sat afternoon) wont be used to judge Hecky
A claim that our owner wont be seen again.

Add to that the already car crash of a day in which we appointed two L1 managers, sacked a manager with a proven record and confirmed there is no money left.

This is the Blades Way on crack, isnt it?
There must be some heavy editing going on before they stick it on Youtube later!

See that snake Bettis he wants chasing from the club quick sharp

says hecky won’t be judged on what happens on a Saturday afternoon, I support the only club in the whole fucking world that results on a Saturday afternoon are totally irrelevant
To be fair we have only got 1 game on a Saturday afternoon for the rest of the year. Maybe he's just not expecting a result at Cardiff? :)

My theory on how things happened

We thought this group would be too good for most of the league and Slav would give us the edge to get promoted

We thought Ramsdale and Berge would leave and we intended on using part of that money to invest in the team

Nobody came in for Berge , Ramsdale was sold really late which meant we signed nobody

As this was going on it soon became apparent this squad needed much more than just a few players

Ramsdale finally leaves meaning we can afford 4 expensive loan signings. By this point we were just desperately trying to get anyone through the door.

Other clubs are not interested in our players so we are stuck with players offering nothing on large contracts

The team continue to play badly as it becomes clear we needed a complete overhaul especially if Slav was to remain manager

The board have no money to fund anything meaningful in January and or for the foreseeable future and worry Slav isn't the man to oversee running a Championship squad that he's so far got little out of

The decision is made to appoint Heckingbottom due to them believing he had some success with these players last season and is also willing to work with no budget.

An hasty press conference is called where people badly bullshit around the fact the club has no money and wont be investing in the first team

Also, what kids exactly? We don't even have a category one academy and our kids don't play at a good enough level for many of them to become professionals, let alone higher end championship players (assuming that is where we expect to be). You might get one or two over the course of Heckingbottom's contract, if you're lucky. That to me is a very worrying strategy. A deluded one in fact.
Totally agree with this. There is something really wrong and worrying about everything that has happened today. The news of the sacking was bad but then the news conference and the announcement of heckingbottom just totally threw me. It doesnt seem like anybody at the club knows what they are doing.

I actually can't believe some of these statements that are coming out of the club. It's actually unbelievable.

I almost feel sorry for Heckingbottom as he's setup to fail with these clowns above him.

Who even are these muppets Yusuf and Abdullah that suddenly speak on behalf of the club? Parasites leeching off a low-ranking Prince, who I do think had good intentions but has made a right balls up with all of this.

We thought this group would be too good for most of the league and Slav would give us the edge to get promoted

We thought Ramsdale and Berge would leave and we intended on using part of that money to invest in the team

Nobody came in for Berge , Ramsdale was sold really late which meant we signed nobody

As this was going on it soon became apparent this squad needed much more than just a few players

Ramsdale finally leaves meaning we can afford 4 expensive loan signings. By this point we were just desperately trying to get anyone through the door.

Other clubs are not interested in our players so we are stuck with players offering nothing on large contracts

The team continue to play badly as it becomes clear we needed a complete overhaul especially if Slav was to remain manager

The board have no money to fund anything meaningful in January and or for the foreseeable future and worry Slav isn't the man to oversee running a Championship squad that he's so far got little out of

The decision is made to appoint Heckingbottom due to them believing he had some success with these players last season and is also willing to work with no budget.

An hasty press conference is called where people badly bullshit around the fact the club has no money and wont be investing in the first team
Don't forget we won't be seeing or hearing from them again.

Never thought I’d find myself saying this but where’s Jim Phipps, any chance he could return as chairman? at least he does care unlike that smelly tramp who basically said he couldn’t care less.

Agree with most of that, but I can also see merit in the Newcastle situation being linked.

If I had to speculate, I'd say PA has been approached by his cousin to play an advisory role due to his experience in English football, they'd be daft not to. That means he has to step away from United and so he takes steps to limit damage and stop investment, also sets us up for a sale.

I wouldn't be surprised to see United World 'sold' to the owners of Newcastle alongside us being sold on the cheap to the first/highest bidder.

Never thought I’d find myself saying this but where’s Jim Phipps, any chance he could return as chairman? at least he does care unlike that smelly tramp who basically said he couldn’t care less.
Was just about to say - I wonder what our JimPhipps has to say about today's shenanigans ? If I were you Jim, I'd probably keep out of it :)

Ive not heard the press conference yet but does The Prince not being the face of the club mean he won't be commenting on footballing matters? Not that he did anyway. I just wonder if it was poorly delivered as it makes little sense

PA just bombed in my estimation,
and now he’s left Hecky to pick up the pieces of his failed project.
He got lucky when Mcabe fucked up and handed him the club on a plate.
He got lucky with Wilders promotions
His luck ran out……
He has no means or intention of further investment.
No stomachs for a fight.
I hope he goes a.s.a.p
I’ll be giving Hecky and the lads my full support on Sunday

A four and a half year deal? How many managers last that long, these days? Only found out about this an hour ago and so far can’t make sense of it at all. Typical Utd.

Back
Top Bottom