CONFIRMED CCV Back to Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Promising player for sure, but when put under the pressure recently he has crumbled, Fulham being an example. Also been subbed of early in some recent games.
Agree with others about our new signings and getting them game time.

Thanks CCV. You can now put on your CV that you’ve been to C us.

And I won’t have to type CCV any more. :)

So Coutts is now responsible for the back 3? I'm learning new things here.

Let me get this right. Jake Wright being dropped for Stearman is a bigger factor leading directly to our poor form over the last 10 games than Coutts broken leg ? Is that what you're saying ?

Leonard hasn't played CB for a while. For the last three seasons he has been player of the year at Southend playing in midfield! He's had a couple of games at right back this season when they have had injuries but his best position is midfield. I don't believe we have bought him to play in the back three. Heneghan may now get his chance as cover or as this has freed up some wages we may go and look for another loan.

Leonard hasn't played CB for a while. For the last three seasons he has been player of the year at Southend playing in midfield! He's had a couple of games at right back this season when they have had injuries but his best position is midfield. I don't believe we have bought him to play in the back three. Heneghan may now get his chance as cover or as this has freed up some wages we may go and look for another loan.

Now that's a valid point . But in midfield who do you see Leonard replacing ? And , equally importantly , where do you see Evans and Holmes playing in midfield and who are they replacing ?

CCV going back to Spurs suggests to me that Leonard is earmarked for elsewhere other than Midfield

So Coutts is now responsible for the back 3? I'm learning new things here.

The last two games Wright started he was very poor. However I think a back 3 of O'Connell, Wright and Stearman wouldn't be too bad. If CW decides on a back 4 in future Wright doesn't start .

You do agree that Stearman has been our best defender over the last few games don't you ?

Don't you think the issue has been with the midfield which is why re-enforcements have been brought in. Have a look how many of our regular central midfield three have scored this season. Stop our front two and we rarely score.

Too many head in hands moments, he didn’t (and we don’t) really seem to have got over that back pass against Fulham, can’t see him making it at the top level.

Now that's a valid point . But in midfield who do you see Leonard replacing ? And , equally importantly , where do you see Evans and Holmes playing in midfield and who are they replacing ?

CCV going back to Spurs suggests to me that Leonard is earmarked for elsewhere other than Midfield
Away from home I wonder if CW will play Evans,Fleck and Leonard as a central three with Duffy/Brooks behind a main striker. We need our midfield to go beyond the forwards at times and this is something they rarely do at the moment

A thanks to CCV came in early season and plugged a a gap after we looked a bit lightweight dealing with CF’s like Gestede & Zahore did a decent job for a young centre half . I think his confidence took a knock after the Fulham game & his form dipped last couple of months .
But GLTTL he’ll learn from his time with us , I think we’ll still need the option there for a dominant ball winning CH otherwise we’ll come unstuck on set pieces against lumps of the like Nuhiu & Matt Smith at QPR .

True . But we're talking CCV and who'll replace him and CCV has never played in the middle of our back 3 .

Eh? Every time you saw a three of Basham, CCV and JOC he was the middle of the three. Before the Baldock injury it happened frequently.

Away from home I wonder if CW will play Evans,Fleck and Leonard as a central three with Duffy/Brooks behind a main striker. We need our midfield to go beyond the forwards at times and this is something they rarely do at the moment

It's a possibility but I genuinely can't see Wilder changing our shape and formation depending upon where we are playing .

For me , the critical element in all of this is the way Wilder likes competition all over the pitch . He seems to like " doubling up " in all key positions . Freeman/Baldock - Lafferty/Stevens- Stearman/Wright- leonard/Basham- Evans/Lundstrum- duffy/Holmes etc etc etc There are of course s couple of anomalies e.g JOC/???? And where does Brooks fit in ? But overall CCV going back answers me far more questions than it raises .

Eh? Every time you saw a three of Basham, CCV and JOC he was the middle of the three. Before the Baldock injury it happened frequently.

Are you sure about that ? Our back 3 has almost always gone with either Stearman or Wright in the middle . How many games this season has seen our defence line up without Stearman and Wright?

Agree with a few here, started out OK but seemed to have lost a bit of confidence in recent weeks, and with him not getting much playing time it makes little sense for him to stay here and for Spurs to not recall him, GLTTL

Typical spurs they’ve always fooked us, not surprised me to be honest because he wasn’t getting game time and they’ve spat their dummy out.

Are you sure about that ? Our back 3 has almost always gone with either Stearman or Wright in the middle . How many games this season has seen our defence line up without Stearman and Wright?

Off the top of my head QPR, Leeds, Reading, Ipswich. There might be more than that – I’d have to check. A lot more than never at any rate! ;)

Lenihan, the Blackburn lad we were linked with, is still out injured.

I can’t recall us being linked with anyone else.

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t sign another CB. We haven’t been chasing Leonard, Southend’s favourite midfielder for six months, only to play him at CB imho.

How far is Heneghan away from the first team? What about Sam Graham?

Gives Slater & Heneghan a better shot at the starting 11. I thought CCV would be useful to have around, but isn’t a major loss IMO. Plus if rumours are to be believed, we’re looking at bringing a centre half in anyway.

The last two games Wright started he was very poor. However I think a back 3 of O'Connell, Wright and Stearman wouldn't be too bad. If CW decides on a back 4 in future Wright doesn't start .

You do agree that Stearman has been our best defender over the last few games don't you ?

Don't you think the issue has been with the midfield which is why re-enforcements have been brought in. Have a look how many of our regular central midfield three have scored this season. Stop our front two and we rarely score.
Yes, so why use leonard, a midfielder and what wilder probably plans to use him as, as a centre back when Wright is just as good for the job? My issue wasn't with stearman until his name was brought up.

Let me get this right. Jake Wright being dropped for Stearman is a bigger factor leading directly to our poor form over the last 10 games than Coutts broken leg ? Is that what you're saying ?
Yes, in fact, I will say that. Is that abhorrent to think of?

Could be back out on loan soon, Bolton Wanderers are interested, and would offer first team football every week.

Good luck to him, maybe we will play 4-4-2 on occasions dropping the wing backs into a back four rather than having them forward a lot to get the crosses in which they havn't been doing recently especially Stevens. Plenty of options without bringing in another CB.

Good luck to him, maybe we will play 4-4-2 on occasions dropping the wing backs into a back four rather than having them forward a lot to get the crosses in which they havn't been doing recently especially Stevens. Plenty of options without bringing in another CB.

We play 352. How many times does this need to get mentioned, it’s fucking annoying!

Back
Top Bottom