Player Suggestion Caoimhin Kelleher (GK)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score

Appears to be available from Liverpool.

Right age, has potential though needs more games.

We definitely need competition for Wes, as long as he's not too much could be worth a look

We definitely need competition for Wes, as long as he's not too much could be worth a look
Looked dire against v Southampton

Yeah i really don't fancy gambling our future on him. I know he's had some highs at Liverpool but he's not played anywhere like us.

For me it's an experienced, low risk keeper or we stick with what we know (Wes).

Hell be on decent wages no doubt and Liverpool will want maybe £10 - £15m which I doubt we'd afford and therefore it would probably be a loan with a view to a permanent. Not so sure though that I'd want to pay a loan fee and high wages on a keeper who's played so little game time. Would rather sign Viktor Johansson from Rotherham who's also 24 but has played nearly 100 league games.

I've been banging the drum for United to sign Johansson from the Millers for some time now. Probably attainable at a bargain price and a very decent keeper. No doubt he will probably end up going to Middlesbrough or similar in 12 months and everyone will be saying what a cracking signing and where did they find him from.... Sometimes what you need might just be on your doorstep.

I've been banging the drum for United to sign Johansson from the Millers for some time now. Probably attainable at a bargain price and a very decent keeper. No doubt he will probably end up going to Middlesbrough or similar in 12 months and everyone will be saying what a cracking signing and where did they find him from.... Sometimes what you need might just be on your doorstep.
Weirdly he signed a new contract other month

Absolutely agree on this. Championships top rated goalkeeper despite their flirt with relegation and has completely flown under the radar so far, i’d imagine 3m would get him

Don't think we could afford what Liverpool would be asking for and not sure it'd be worth the gamble for us anyway based on how little he's played.

I'd be surprised if we target a keeper at all tbh with our tight budget and other far more obvious holes that need filling first.

Priority wise I think it's:
1. midfielder x2
2. striker
3. centre back
4. wing back

In an ideal world I agree that Wes needs strong competition but currently I'd only be looking at a keeper after those spots are filled.

So I could see us maybe getting one in on loan late in the window but not as one of the top targets.

We need a long-term keeper solution but we're not going to pay what they want.

Presumably they'll want him as their no1 now and he might be pretty content to run with that.

How much do you think he'd cost?
Maybe he will, wages wise it seems he is on £22k which may have just halved following relegation. Could even look at a loan as I don’t think loans from the championship count towards the quota

Think chow mein kelleher would be overpriced just because of Liverpool tax don't wanna be stung twice

Would rather give Wes a chance, he deserves it. Kelleher is 24 and barely played any first team football and big risk to pay a high fee (for us) and it going wrong. We can't afford to mess up and do another Brewster type purchase.

The Rotherham keeper mentioned above is a shout. Maybe someone like Marek Rodak or Karl Darlow would be better and cheaper options for us to compete with Wes.

Give Wes a chance. He kept plenty of clean sheets during the season just finished
Wes is 32 now and never been good enough for the top flight. He's decent enough at the basics but his kicking is terrible. Having said that, if we start the season with him in net it's not the end of the world. We have far greater problems than keeper at the moment. We do need a long-term solution though. Someone who can hopefully be our no.1 for 5 years plus.

I’d hope we’ve learned our lesson with signing Liverpool players. They have a habit of ripping everyone off. Can see them asking silly money for him - £15-18m

Would rather give Wes a chance, he deserves it. Kelleher is 24 and barely played any first team football and big risk to pay a high fee (for us) and it going wrong. We can't afford to mess up and do another Brewster type purchase.

The Rotherham keeper mentioned above is a shout. Maybe someone like Marek Rodak or Karl Darlow would be better and cheaper options for us to compete with Wes.
Rodak is the one

Give Wes a chance. He kept plenty of clean sheets during the season just finished

Hi Stegosaurus here

Wes is shit. Liability in the Premier league. There's a reason Di Canio called him a Subbuteo keeper

no thanks we can get better and we have to imo wes needs a genuine challenger for the number 1 spot

Wolves are apparently after him. Valued at £20 million but would be worth a look as a loan signing if we are looking to bring someone in.

Shrewd business for an out of contract player
'Goalkeeper Viktor Johansson signed a new two-and-a-half-year deal in January but his form has been so good in the successful Championship survival push that bigger teams than the Millers will have taken notice.'

If he was a free I think he'd have been snapped up weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom